wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Modeling Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2004, 11:14 AM   #61
sillydragon12
User

sillydragon12 has little to show at this moment (0)

1.Go to Box And select it Create a box in the top right corner.
Zoom (requires log in)
2.Go to Select And make sure vertex is selcted in select options
now in the top right hand corner where you created your box select the two vertex points.
Zoom (requires log in)
Then Press Ctrl + N and then Ctrl + W or click at the top (Vertex)->Snap together And Then (vertex)->Weld Together
Zoom (requires log in)
3.Create a sphere and move it on top of the pryamid.
Zoom (requires log in)
5.Now select Joint in the tool panel and create it in the middle of your sphere.
Zoom (requires log in)

Hope that makes more sense. ;)

P.s. if you want a crack for milkshape 1.7.0 click Tmgms170.rar and extract it to your milkshape directory.
sillydragon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:19 AM   #62
scorpionra
User

scorpionra has little to show at this moment (0)

My model worked with the textures on it and it but there's 2 problems that have probably been found before.
1) The model isn't animated (which many people have come across)
and 2) The joint i made seems to have turned into an attach point. The model is attached to the ground from the joint instead of the floor of the model.

I have solved a problem i had earlier that a few of you have had. I added the mdl and blp files directly to the mpq file so they are already there instead of needing to be imported.

One more thing. I have 3dsmax 6 and i was wondering if that would work form making the 3ds file or at least using it for animating. I know the Art tools for Wc3 don't work on it but it's worth a try. I'll try it and if it works i'll post a screenshot.
scorpionra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:29 PM   #63
Mecha-Zombie
User

Mecha-Zombie has little to show at this moment (0)

i cant download WC3 Map Utilities or the file converter from the post where can i get them on the site?
Mecha-Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:07 AM   #64
HexenLordX
User

HexenLordX is on a distinguished road (20)

I got my model.. followed all of the steps and even did a good skin for it. I import into the editor, change my main hero's model file to my new model file, and save. As I begin to play I notice my model isnt normal. Its in extremely bizarre shapes with an extremely bizzare skin (yes I did the steps to make it use my custom skin correctly.). It looks kinda jagged all around, like a large piece of ice, but colored purple and flashing, morphing constantly until my wc3 crashes. Anyone know if theres a common reason for this?
HexenLordX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:24 PM   #65
Murcielago)
User

Murcielago) is on a distinguished road (20)

i had a problem with my skin too, it was transparent o_O
anyone know what i should do? not sure but i think it has something to do with the alpha channel........

[edit] WC3 map utulities is in the tools forum, the file converter u can find in the dl section under tools
Murcielago) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #66
HexenLordX
User

HexenLordX is on a distinguished road (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcielago)
i had a problem with my skin too, it was transparent o_O
anyone know what i should do? not sure but i think it has something to do with the alpha channel........

[edit] WC3 map utulities is in the tools forum, the file converter u can find in the dl section under tools

That happens to be the same converter I've used. I convert my model from .obj to .mdx and it gets completely destroyed. I've also tried changing it from .3ds to .mdx in which the converter just closes with no conversion.
HexenLordX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:45 PM   #67
Jelle284
User

Jelle284 has little to show at this moment (0)

i have the same problem..... and each time i use a custom skin my model disapears....... but when i try an other skin from the MPQ file it works!!!!! i cant use my custom skin!!!! what shall i do when i am saving the UV map..???
Jelle284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:10 PM   #68
Jelle284
User

Jelle284 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volatile_Sheep
when i try to save there doesnt seem to be anywhere where i can "make it colour" and "check off fill".

what should i do then???? :< and i cant find the "warcraft III viewer" ??? it isn't
there....

i need a picture guide to the unwrapping..... that would be great!! ^_^
Jelle284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:36 AM   #69
BananaTwist
User

BananaTwist has little to show at this moment (0)

arggg, whenever i try to convery my mdx to an mdl in yogbuls it says "Unknown file format!" what's happening?

EDIT: Ok i found out how to work it, I had to import the mdx into the import manager, save, relaunch WE and extract the mdx again... even though it's pointless cuz i still cant get animation to work. And i dont get the UV stuff, i but the little box thing in upper right hand corner, filled it in and it stayed black in WE, so i just colored the whole thing and that worked.

Last edited by BananaTwist : 07-06-2004 at 09:16 AM.
BananaTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:33 PM   #70
MaaN
User

MaaN has little to show at this moment (0)

ummm im the 3rd person to ask this but no one seems to anwser the question the bottom 2 downloads for this section don work it brings up an error so i dont really know what thats all about an explination would be nice . . . .please
MaaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:37 PM   #71
MaaN
User

MaaN has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaaN
ummm im the 3rd person to ask this but no one seems to anwser the question the bottom 2 downloads for this section don work it brings up an error so i dont really know what thats all about an explination would be nice . . . .please

heh i jsut figured out what was wrong if you are having problems loading the last 2 downloads right click the hyperlink and click "coppy short cut" then past it in to url adress bar and delete the "=" sign at the very end and it should work. at least it worked for me.
MaaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:06 PM   #72
horusrogue
User

horusrogue has little to show at this moment (4)

Yes..erm..this is perhaps the wrong post thread to venture into..but is there a tutorial for modelling for war 3 using 3ds max?
Thanks for anyone who answers
-Horus ^_^
Old 07-09-2004, 08:17 PM   #73
Murcielago)
User

Murcielago) is on a distinguished road (20)

i think there is one in the model forum, look there
Murcielago) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:21 PM   #74
horusrogue
User

horusrogue has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcielago)
i think there is one in the model forum, look there

Thanks man. Now if only i can find one for MAx 4.0 gr.....
Old 07-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #75
Dragons_Wings
User

Dragons_Wings has little to show at this moment (0)

Waaaaahaaaahaaaaa i wana Get a face and i dont know how waaaahaaahaaaa WOW this rocks i gota try to make some models
Dragons_Wings is offline   Reply With Quote