wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Themerion
Brahms-fan

Submissions (2)

Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)

Default Drawbacks of using Orb Damage Detect

I'm currently in possession of a map where it will be impossible (<=> too much work) for me to make sure that all spells use scripted damage. Therefore, I'm looking at the old approach: using an orb-ability to detect normal attack.

I know that it can cause the game to break for units with "Attack Ground". Are there any other drawbacks (obviously, I have to script all orbs, but that's not necessarily a bad thing) ?
Creep Respawn System
It has never been easier to respawn creep groups...
Themerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

you wont be able to have that attack missile FX modifing stuff, but that is a minor problem aswell....

Last edited by akolyt0r : 07-17-2009 at 11:47 AM.
akolyt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Orb abilities suck. Totally. Really, really, really, really, really badly. Blizzard randomly decided to make them no longer work when units autoacquire targets. Something like envenomed spears might work better for that reason.

Other than that, as far as I know you should be fine, but I've got no direct experience with it.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Sophismata
User

Sophismata will become famous soon enough (53)Sophismata will become famous soon enough (53)

It's just Orb of Slow and (New) Orb of Lightning that behave in that manner. Orb of Frost is safe, as is the old Orb of Lightning and Orb of Venom, along with abilities like Slow Poison, Envenomed Spears and Frost Breath.

I would seriously trigger everything in any case. It's not that much work - hell, I'd find it less irritating than implementing an orb damage system.

Last edited by Sophismata : 07-17-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Bobo_The_Kodo
oO

Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)Bobo_The_Kodo has a spectacular aura about (109)

Yes, an orb system would be the best choice
Bobo_The_Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote