wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #151
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
How does the site work anyway?
I'll explain in a second --
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
I think it registers games when they are created at bnet and stores them into a database.
It's actually an external program (Not hosted by blizzard) that tracks all public games hosted on BNet across all realms excluding Asia. Some people know it as the bot, which was developed as a DotA tournament hosting platform that was abandoned due to lack of DotA community support, then galvanized for its value in monitoring and controlling BNet fairly entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
Do he work with blizzard? Or is it an independent site?
The latter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF
I searched on DoE, but it doesn't seem to be hosted at all :(
You need to realize that the lists update daily, they are not all-inclusive over an infinite time interval. At certain times of the day no one that plays certain maps has logged on. Right now DoE's been hosted about 40 times worldwide, AotZ about 100. That's just how today looks, the other weekend, AotZ wasn't hosted at all whereas DoE was hosted about 150 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Here-b-Trollz
Pttm (name protected) hosts quite a bit of AotZ, although I haven't seen Vivi or BigD playing much lately.
PM me your account name or something, if you're playing on East I see no reason why you and I shouldn't be gaming together, especially if you know Potato. (Name protected) :p
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #152
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

So I tried the new hero, he doesn't seem to have a big dmg output. Its tough to get the surround with the skellies b/c of so many heroes when AoE spells + skellies are pretty fragile. The heal doesnt seem to heal a good amount. What is it, like 24 at lvl 5? The nuke doesnt exactly seem useful either. How are you supposed to play him?
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 PM   #153
Here-b-Trollz
Corkscrew Chainsaw!!!

Here-b-Trollz has a spectacular aura about (149)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd Place

The fact that his skeletons are infinite pretty much makes up for the low damage. Surrounds = win, and since there are quite a few disables on Bane, teaming up can be quite effective. For instance, back breaker by Ginther and a surround by Myriad will rarely fail.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #154
Hunter of Shadows
User

Hunter of Shadows is on a distinguished road (13)

Lol...Potato...

He makes me lol

Myriad requires ALOT of practice at aotz, and a lot of caution, being aggresive will get you gg'd

And its 24 hp healed PER skeleton, therefore...what was the max number of skele's again? I think it was 8 at any given time unless he ults anyway

8x24 = 192 hp stolen, that doesnt seem like alot, but considering that Myriad comparitively doesn't have that much hp anyway thats quite a bit. You also have to realize its purpose isnt to allow him to tank or heal an uber amount, it only helps keep him alive long enough to surround and blow his skeletons up on people. You mentioned how fragile the skeletons are, well thats what his elite is for! "Come back to me" is an awesome ability!

I also believe that perdition, after activating Chorus of Souls, once you have all those skeles and you use perdition, it buffs them ALL. I think anyway, so that like, 32x24 skeles lol.

Quite a bit of life stealing, oh and the fact that the enemy will drown in skeles

But, geez dusk what is with that gay model for Myriad? Couldn't you have used a regular skeleton model and gotten KR to skin a wicked awesome look for it?

Last edited by Hunter of Shadows : 10-05-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Hunter of Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #155
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter of Shadows
But, geez dusk what is with that gay model for Myriad? Couldn't you have used a regular skeleton model and gotten KR to skin a wicked awesome look for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade987
The normal skeleton doesn't look like a hero model at all, and has a severe lack of animations...
That's exactly the logic behind refusing to use that model. I'd much rather import a non-fitting skeleton model with at least enough animations for my purposes than use that in-game, neglected model. Even textured, the in-game skeleton model would look like crap.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #156
Hunter of Shadows
User

Oh...

Forgive the fact I haven't been paying attention to the majority of these posts
Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #157
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Cleaned up the thread a bit.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #158
reza sword2
User

reza sword2 has little to show at this moment (5)

Just like to say. a really great map. The storyline is really rich and well-thought. I don't know, but playing this map, just gives me an epic feeling. Like you're an actor playing on a fantasy-type film. Except there's no script. What I'd love to see in upcoming updates:
-New heroes (obviously)
-More items, as I feel the current amount of items is lacking for this great game.
-Some more stories on the lore of AotZ.

A quick question:

-What happened to the Council in DoE? Didn't they make it to AotZ?

Hope my comments are appreciated.

Cheers
reza sword2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #159
Vestras
User

Project Member: LoC

Submissions (4)

Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)

Fvck, I just realized how much I love Scamp. :o
Vestras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #160
assassingao
User

assassingao is on a distinguished road (13)

-What happened to the Council in DoE? Didn't they make it to AotZ?
[/quote]

I can answer this one, nothing happened to the Council, they made it to AotZ, but not to the map.
(I.E. They're not there because Dusk didn't place them in the map.)

The lore can be found in Clan VZ website, but it's not complete, it's more like questions and answers.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #161
Lumograph090
User

Lumograph090 has little to show at this moment (0)

Next best AOS to TOB, fantastic map. I host this any chance I get, stomps DotA in the ground. I wish more people would create AOS maps that focused more on team work and not stupid over-powered uncreative items and heros.
Lumograph090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #162
Hunter of Shadows
User

Quote:
Next best AOS to TOB, fantastic map. I host this any chance I get, stomps DotA in the ground. I wish more people would create AOS maps that focused more on team work and not stupid over-powered uncreative items and heros.

You know, I really hate it when people stomp other AoS's into the ground just because they like one or the other better, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isnt a worthwhile map with merits, its more balanced then you give it credit
Old 02-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #163
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

Did/Is the Chaplains "lightning" getting a nerf?
Kwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #164
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

The entire map is being remade for 3.00, so. :p
Old 02-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #165
holyadvocate
User

holyadvocate is on a distinguished road (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter of Shadows
You know, I really hate it when people stomp other AoS's into the ground just because they like one or the other better, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isnt a worthwhile map with merits, its more balanced then you give it credit

DotA is still bad... balance has nothing to do with it...

Remake, im stoked!
holyadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote