wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
Axarion
User

Axarion has little to show at this moment (0)

Hi people on WC3c :)

I have some questions and I would be happy if someone could help me. I am working on a custom .ai script exported from an .wai. I have some problems with getting tavern heroes for my race :(

It would be really nice if someone could say me how to use tavern heroes in the .ai (without AMAI, but I'm posting this here because the people here know the most about .ai)

~ Axarion
Axarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

Iirc that requires you to order a unit manually to the tavern and then order it to buy that hero.
AIAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
Imbapiranha
User

Imbapiranha has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIAndy
Iirc that requires you to order a unit manually to the tavern and then order it to buy that hero.
lirc? :P
Well that question has been mainly done by me. I sent my whole army to that point, single units and so on, tryting to pick the tavern hero again and again, using
Collapse JASS:
native IssueNeutralImmediateOrder       takes player forWhichPlayer, unit neutralStructure, string unitToBuild returns boolean
Using simple triggers for this DID work in a testmap, but the AI script seemingly did not execute that action.
I even took out all conditions, stopped the AI's building queue, sent the army to the tavern and looped that command every second again and again. The AI had its resources and food to pick the hero, but simply ignored the command.
In my opinion Blizzard stops all commands in AI scripts that do not command the AI player's units.
I know that the AMAI uses neutral heroes, but since it is highly trigger enhanced, I doubt that this hero picking has been done in the AI script.
Imbapiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbapiranha
lirc? :P
It has been years since I looked at that so things might have changed or my memory might be faulty.
Quote:
Well that question has been mainly done by me. I sent my whole army to that point, single units and so on, tryting to pick the tavern hero again and again, using
Collapse JASS:
native IssueNeutralImmediateOrder       takes player forWhichPlayer, unit neutralStructure, string unitToBuild returns boolean
Using simple triggers for this DID work in a testmap, but the AI script seemingly did not execute that action.
I even took out all conditions, stopped the AI's building queue, sent the army to the tavern and looped that command every second again and again. The AI had its resources and food to pick the hero, but simply ignored the command.
In my opinion Blizzard stops all commands in AI scripts that do not command the AI player's units.
I know that the AMAI uses neutral heroes, but since it is highly trigger enhanced, I doubt that this hero picking has been done in the AI script.
AMAI is not trigger enhanced itself. Only the UI for controlling the AI as ally is done in trigger space.

Use the ById variant of that native. Any non AI native that takes or returns a string does not work properly in AI scripts because the natives look in the wrong string table.
AIAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
FYAN
User

FYAN has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via ICQ to FYAN

AIANDY i absolutly agree
FYAN is offline   Reply With Quote