wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2009, 03:56 AM   #1786
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage Owenalacaster
Balnnazar made a naughty post.
EDIT: Rising_Dusk deleted a naughty post.
Dang, sounded funny. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Okay, well, my internet just decided to come back, so I am closing the contest now. Expect the poll sometime like Monday or Tuesday, since I have a post-mission analysis report I need to work on first.
Dang, guess I won't update with a better Alchemist model. Curses, I had all sorts of room left for at least 1 big upload. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicat
I was hoping I'd make it in time to post, too. Unfortunately, something happened with my hard drive (some CS major I'm gonna be) and it took me a few days (Tues. night to a couple hours ago, basically) to get it up again. The good news is I do a periodic automated image backup every week. The bad news is more than half of my map was done between Sunday (backup day) and Tuesday. So I have nothing - really nothing - to submit. I'm sorry for those who (for some reason) may have wanted to see what I'd done.

However, I am not going to dwell on this setback at all. I'm already looking forward to the next time we have excuses to mod wc3. And I look forward to reviewing the other entries. I'm sure there are both creative and technical innovations all over the place.
Daaang (the 3rd). That's really unfortunate; I'm sorry to hear that. :/ If you ever get the inkling, I'd love to see your Pandaren's completed for something (as I'm sure many others would be).

Also, nice new avatar. The panda-warrior somehow fit you, but how can I argue with an homage to Mistborn? :P

~~~

~ENTRANTS~

Current Entrants - 09/04/11:
#UserRaceSubmitted?
1)Kyrbi0GoblinO
2)ShadowWolfCritter (~)-
3)Rising_DuskElemental-
4)Cherry-SoapParasite-
5)RenegadeMushroomUndeadX
6)LinazeOgre (~)-
7)BlackrootSpider-
8)Av3nMercenary GuildX
9)Shadow_killerCrab-
10)MechmapSatyr-
11)Michael PeppersF FactorO
12)JazradelChurch - Holy Light-
13)KinorhynkarJungleO
14)gyrosphinxKoboldO
15)BalnnazarArcanistO
16)Sunwarrior25BanditO
17)wc3shadyIce TrollO
18)Killer_MushroomOld Gods-
19)darkwulfvGnoll (Canidis)-
20)ZerzaxOgre (~)-
21)DragoonExperimentalsO
22)KwahMechanical (Age of Steam)-
23)Gorman[~secret~]-
24)AleviceKalimdor RaiderO
25)TotSkeletal/FacelessO
26)The Dark OneNerubian-
27)PaladonGhostX
28)AnemicRoyaltyBanditX
29)TraxamillionCritter-
30)cosmicatPandaren-
31)Ikum-bokumBlue Dragonflight-
32)HandclawGoblin+Ogre-
33)Tyrande_ma3xDragon-
34)Shade987Pirate/Razormane-
35)Ignitedstar[~secret~]X
36)deolrinFelwood CorruptedO
37)AnachronDemon-
38)holyadvocateDraeneiO
39)Pyrogasm(The Occult)-ists-
40)Chaos.Fire Elemental (Legion of Fire)X
41)AnitarfNight Elf WatchersX
42)Archmage OwenalacasterMagicO
43)bobbuttonsMurlocO
44)CrevaxQuillboar-
45)~Void~Mana Fiend-
46)black1Bandit-

~FINALISTS~:
#UserRaceSubmitted
1)Sunwarrior25BanditO
2)gyrosphinxKoboldO
3)Michael PeppersF FactorO
4)holyadvocateDraeneiO
5)BalnnazarArcanistO
6)DragoonExperimentalsO
7)wc3shadyIce TrollO
8)TotSkeletal/FacelessO
9)deolrinFelwood CorruptedO
10)AleviceKalimdor RaiderO
11)Archmage OwenalacasterMagicO
12)bobbuttonsMurlocO
13)Kyrbi0GoblinO
14)KinorhynkarJungleO

14 out of 45, not bad at all. We should all bow our heads in homage to the lost entries of cosmicat, Rising_Dusk, Anitarf, Pyrogasm, Av3n, and many others. :<
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 04-12-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:45 AM   #1787
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicat
I was hoping I'd make it in time to post, too. Unfortunately, something happened with my hard drive (some CS major I'm gonna be) and it took me a few days (Tues. night to a couple hours ago, basically) to get it up again. The good news is I do a periodic automated image backup every week. The bad news is more than half of my map was done between Sunday (backup day) and Tuesday. So I have nothing - really nothing - to submit. I'm sorry for those who (for some reason) may have wanted to see what I'd done.

However, I am not going to dwell on this setback at all. I'm already looking forward to the next time we have excuses to mod wc3. And I look forward to reviewing the other entries. I'm sure there are both creative and technical innovations all over the place.

Gah, too bad everything you had got wiped. I would have really liked to see a few outtakes to play, even if they didn't enter the contest and were still WIPS. Oh well.

I liked the concepts in a few of those wips races posted, that never managed to make it. Bastards.

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #1788
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
~FINALISTS~:
#UserRaceSubmitted
1)Sunwarrior25BanditO
2)gyrosphinxKoboldO
3)Michael PeppersF FactorO
4)holyadvocateDraeneiO
5)BalnnazarArcanistO
6)DragoonExperimentalsO
7)wc3shadyIce TrollO
8)TotSkeletal/FacelessO
9)deolrinFelwood CorruptedO
10)AleviceKalimdor RaiderO
11)Archmage OwenalacasterMagicO
12)bobbuttonsMurlocO
13)Kyrbi0GoblinO
14)KinorhynkarJungleO

14 out of 45, not bad at all. We should all bow our heads in homage to the lost entries of cosmicat, Rising_Dusk, Anitarf, Pyrogasm, Av3n, and many others. :<
*Sniff*...
Well, I'd say 14 entries isn't too bad, more than a quarter of the races were submitted, so that's good ;)
Quote:
Actually, I changed it (in one of my many re-uploads). I had made an error (Map - Scenario says "Human", but the trigger only replaces Orc starting units), so I changed the trigger and went with Human.
So the race is Human with a 90(%) handicap?
Quote:

Awww.. :(
I was looking forward to seeing your submission...
Although we'll probably see an awesome one next race contest ;)

Quote:
Also, nice new avatar. The panda-warrior somehow fit you, but how can I argue with an homage to Mistborn? :P
Is that what it is off? Is it a TV series or something?
TBH, to me it looks like a red/black Scrin symbol (CnC3) with a dot above it :
NOTE: Please, don't tell me if it is a book, just lie, otherwise I will get curious and read it...
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #1789
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

cosmicat, I'm sorry you didn't reach the deadline only because of the computer... I know how it can be frustrating... let's only hope that your next effort will amaze all of us.

At Kyrbi0:

I'm confused by the color pattern you used for the finalists' numbers, do they mark the activity on this thread or it's some kind of pre-vote? :P

(or you simply wanted some color not to make it seem boring? xD)

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 04-12-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #1790
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

So .... where can I vote ? xD
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #1791
gyrosphinx
User

gyrosphinx has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
So .... where can I vote ? xD
Asks the same thing
Old 04-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #1792
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

@Flame_Phoenix and gyrosphinx:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Okay, well, my internet just decided to come back, so I am closing the contest now. Expect the poll sometime like Monday or Tuesday, since I have a post-mission analysis report I need to work on first.
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #1793
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peppers
cosmicat, I'm sorry you didn't reach the deadline only because of the computer... I know how it can be frustrating... let's only hope that your next effort will amaze all of us.
It's not "only" because of the computer. Really, I have only myself to blame. If I'd had my map done when it was due, this wouldn't have even been an issue. But of course this only serves as motivation to do the next one better and more quickly.

And thanks for the sympathy rep, Dusk.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #1794
Balnnazar
User

Balnnazar is on a distinguished road (11)

Send a message via MSN to Balnnazar

"Balnnazar made a naughty post."

WHAT
THE
FUCK?!

where and when?
Balnnazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #1795
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

You posted a non-submission-post in the submission thread. The first post in that thread says specifically that such posting is disallowed. I was tired and feeling generous, so all I did was delete the post.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #1796
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Quote:
I was tired and feeling generous, so all I did was delete the post.
Sure ... you are generous like hell, specially when it comes to me... Ohhh what would I do without your rep-- generosity. I would have more reputation, Oh noes...
Old 04-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #1797
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Sure ... you are generous like hell, specially when it comes to me... Ohhh what would I do without your rep-- generosity. I would have more reputation, Oh noes...
It's funny, you make a post like that and yet still can't figure out why I am not generous to you? Please. Stop spamming threads about things like that. This is seriously your last warning.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #1798
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
It's funny, you make a post like that and yet still can't figure out why I am not generous to you?
I understand your action, I just think you were too severe to me ... like you could give me a warning before doing that ... the intention was to be funny, you obviously weren't in the "mood".

_______

Ok, one thing I didn't understand about the contest rules, are the contestants allowed to use systems and models that are not approved in wc3c ? The murlocs race has a weird food house.

Anyway, I am surprised, Most of the submissions are GUI, yet some of them (cough*Kirby0*cough) are totally awesome =P
On the other hand, many submissions are completely away from the concept of a ladder race, but I will try not to be bad about that, I know people will say "the contest was about making a race, not about making a ladder race".
Also, weren't you also supposed to submit a race Dusk?
Old 04-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #1799
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Ok, one thing I didn't understand about the contest rules, are the contestants allowed to use systems and models that are not approved in wc3c ? The murlocs race has a weird food house.
Of course. The only requirement was that there only be 'one' import. The systems used must be approved in the WC3C database for code fairness per the following rule, but for the imported model it does not matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Any library or system in the resource database at the time of contest creation may be used in the development of your race.
Quote:
Also, weren't you also supposed to submit a race Dusk?
I wanted to really badly, but this is the last semester of my senior year at my Uni, so it's been too difficult to maintain free time at home with the WE. Also, I have a girlfriend of two months now and we all know what they do to the rest of one's free time..
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #1800
bobbuttons
User

bobbuttons has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via MSN to bobbuttons

@ Flame_Phoenix
The food house for my Murlocs race is not an imported model. It is in the WE - it is one of the seashell doodads blown up really big. It may look a tad 'weird', but I don't think it's THAT bad.
bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote