wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-13-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
Stylish

Here's a Story I Will Be Writing for the Next Couple of Weeks. I Hope You Like It.

~The Dwarf's Tale~

Prologue
As I'm watching the flames of my campfire I can't help but recall recent memories; my life in the mines. This fire reminds me of those burning furnaces used to melt the gold my fellow dwarves and I found by digging tirelessly through the hard earth and rock with our picks and shovels. I can recall the glory and satisfaction of finding a large deposit of gold. Finding gold is the ultimate way to fame; even if it only lasts for so long. My old memories are soon shattered by that one danger that became a reality; the cave-in.

I remember it forever, as if it were inscribed on my brain by a Runesmith with a hammer and chisel. It was a long day; we'd had a few minor finds but nothing spectacular. Then I saw it, that unmistakable glitter, that distinct colour, gold! At last! I raised my pick and swung in a frantic frenzy at the rock around the shining prize. “Free me!� shouted the gold in my subconscious imagination. Everyone was watching me go full-tilt at the earth. A small crack in the rock above us was growing ever larger with every swing of my pick. My co-miners were shouting at me to stop but I could not. I had succumbed to gold fever. Dust was falling from the ceiling but I didn't care, I just wanted that gold. I went into a state of shock then or my memory went a little fuzzy. I didn't hear anything. All I remember is seeing a huge piece of earth fall from above and crush my co-miners.

I continued to dig out the gold and eventually divided it into several nuggets. All Dwarves hate seeing shoddy work and I am no different. We like perfection. So I sat there forming the golden metal into perfect balls. I held them tight for the rest of my stay in my underground prison replaying my selfish act in my head over and over until a search party dug me out.

I was tried a weak later in front of the High Court of Khaz'Modhan. I was sentenced to exile for crimes against Dwarf kind. When I pled my innocence, that it was not I who dug for the gold so frantically but rather my Dwarven instincts from the oldest of our ancestors in my subconscious that drove me to dig for that gold; they dismissed me without a word. I didn't blame them. Most strong-minded Dwarves do not believe in gold fever. Most of the High Court is made up of strong-minded Dwarves anyway. Some even lost relatives in the cave-in. I packed my things and left my home, never to return again.

An owl wakes me from my flashback with a hoot. I will rest now. For tomorrow I continue west towards the camp of exiled Dwarves. Tomorrow I head for Lagi'nar.

To be continued…

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm Thinking of Making Terrain Pictures to Go Along with the Story. Any of You Think I Should?
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

Interesting. I'll be waiting for more. One thing is that You Don't Have to Capitalize Each Word of Each Sentence. The first word will suffice :)

Quote:
I'm Thinking of Making Terrain Pictures to Go Along with the Story. Any of You Think I Should?

Go ahead, personally it helps me visualize the scene better.

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

johnfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
Stylish

Hehe I know, it just makes it look cool ^_^ and besides...chicks dig it! :8

Not going to add those terrain pics until the whole story is finished.

Last edited by Stylish : 05-14-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Bladefist
Banned

Bladefist has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-4)

Default Cool writing

Cool man
Bladefist is offline   Reply With Quote