wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > Warcraft lore
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Default New novel

So...yeah. There's a new novel coming out that I'm probably going to ignore, but I figured I'd read the free preview chapter anyway because I really need more things to distract me from pandas and spell-testing.

Here is the preview chapter for Christie Golden's "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King." It's actually not a bad read, and it does seem to offer decent background for decisions Arthas and Jaina would make later on, such as Arthas's "purge" and Jaina's alliance with Thrall. So...any thoughts?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Huh.
*reads it*
Sounds good. Sets up some stuff nicely for later on, as you mentioned.

I dunno, I'd rather have a new "Monster Manual" or something. :P But still good.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Kyrbi0, it's called a bestiary. >.>

Ah, geezus, and I thought it wasn't going to be that long. I don't have the time for this at the moment; I will read it when I get back from "work".
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitedstar
Kyrbi0, it's called a bestiary. >.>
Or... Not? :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:37 AM   #5
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Eh? What?! *dum dum dum*

Oh, god, thanks a lot, Kyrbi0. My dream of seeing a bestiary of Warcraft's monsters and mutilations: destroyed. Yeah, it's just a title... but still. :P

EDIT:

Huh... Some things don't make sense.

I thought that Jaina hated orcs? Remember when Medivh told Jaina and Thrall to unite? Or, maybe she was just saying that for old time's sake? Eh, we can assume for anything.

Oh-ho, so it seems that Jaina and Arthas had much more than I thought. Apparently, Arthas and Muradin go back more so than I thought. It's perfect... But- uugh, why is the horse's name Invincible? Come on, blizz writers...
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 04-08-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #6
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

You'd think they'd have named it "Hengroenius" or something. Though to be fair, few fictional horses have ever had decent names - particularly those in fantasy. Even Tolkein seems to have trouble (or he actually thought "Shadowfax" was somehow a good name - I bet it was considered emo even back in the 1950s, though).
Old 10-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
Fluff
or your money back!

Submissions (1)

Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)

I devote my reading time to non-fiction nowadays but I used to like reading Christie Golden's Star Trek: Voyager books. She's a pretty good author, at least as far as fan fic goes.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote