wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #31
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Send a message via AIM to Jazradel Send a message via MSN to Jazradel

It would work for 3ds Max 4 too I should think.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System
Warcraft III Model Archive

W3 Model Archive should be available from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cd5..._III_Resources, PM me if it doesn't work.
Jazradel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #32
Elenai
-The EPIC-

Submissions (5)

Elenai will become famous soon enough (62)Elenai will become famous soon enough (62)Elenai will become famous soon enough (62)

would this work in gmax
Elenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #33
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

no
Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 AM   #34
Mattador
User

Mattador has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Questions/Instructions

Ok, so I downloaded this and I have Max 5 and the Art Tools but I cant get this to work. Mostly because I don't understand your installation instructions.

1- Just unzip the "BlizzImporter" folder into the 3dsMAX "Scripts\" folder.
Note: pathing MUST be "Scripts\"

2- Change the textures path in the "BlizzImporter\formats\mdl.ini" file.

I don't know what you mean about the pathing and the Scripts thing. I put the files in the Scripts folder. Which I guess is what you are trying to say.

But you say to change the textures path in quotes, but you dont say what to change it to.

Help?
Mattador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 AM   #35
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

It means you open the mdl.ini file that you have just installed and change the path in there to the texture you want to import.
Just a guess though, I've never used this before.
But if you use your brain I'm sure you can figure it out. ;)
Old 07-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #36
SuperDuperGuy
User

SuperDuperGuy has little to show at this moment (3)

I get a "-- Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined" when I click import.

I am using 3ds Max 8. The directory is right, and I switched the ini to C:\Textures, and put the blp and the converted to bmp version in that folder.

Any reason it would do this?

I installed Art Tools, but I get error messages as max starts up saying they weren't made for this version.

Last edited by SuperDuperGuy : 07-28-2007 at 02:52 AM.
SuperDuperGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #37
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

this is for 3DS MAX 5 ONLY
Old 07-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #38
SuperDuperGuy
User

A quote by ProFet:
Quote:
I use .ini files for languages, the empty errox box could be caused by a string not "found" in this file. It should be caused by your version of 3ds, some friends tested the script (v5.0 and v8.0) and it worked fine for them.

Maybe he's mistaken, but if one person got it working in max 8, then I'm sure theres something I can do to get it working as well. Otherwise I'm going to have to find a copy of max 5.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #39
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

It doesn't work for me on max 8 either...but anyway whatever happens you should use max 5 + art tools, that's the ultimate best way to seamlessly integrate your models in wc3.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 PM   #40
SuperDuperGuy
User

Is it even possible to buy 3ds max 5 anywhere? I can't even find anywhere online that would possibly sell it. It's so outdated people don't even seem to seed it anymore.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:49 AM   #41
SuperDuperGuy
User

I got all this stuff working, alot of the models have some odd artifacts though. The skeleton has two models, which looks kinda strange. Many have spheres over them, they usually have collision in the name, I guess the game just uses it for collision detection. Max renders the spheres unfortunatly usually covering up the model. I wonder if its bad to delete them.

Anyone know how to view the animations in Max 5? I'm accually tring to export the models to another format that don't seem to like multiple models in a single file (everything gets rendered all the time) like Medivh. I need to get rid of the extra models and animations and put them in seperate files.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:09 AM   #42
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

Yes, those spheres are for collision detection and only work in-game, so max of course it renders them because it doesn't know that. It's not exactly a bad thing to delete them, but let's just say it's best to leave them if you plan on using the model for wc3.

You can view the animations in the max viewport by pressing "/" or in the wc3 previewer from the art tools, which is recommended in this case. I don't know about what format you want to export your models, so I can't help with that.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:46 AM   #44
Varine
User

Varine has little to show at this moment (0)

Is there another option for importing the animations?
Varine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #45
ProFeT
User

Submissions (1)

ProFeT will become famous soon enough (71)ProFeT will become famous soon enough (71)ProFeT will become famous soon enough (71)

Outstanding Tool

Send a message via MSN to ProFeT

What kind of option?
ProFeT is offline   Reply With Quote