menu Resources Maps Home User CP Forums Tutorials Gallery Resources  

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Lands of Conflict
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Should players be able to capture a second Capital Building?
No 0 0%
Yes 6 100.00%
Other (post your suggestion) 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Default Should players be able to capture a second Capital Building?

In the Lands of Conflict: Age of Kings mod, each player control a Capital Building (Castle). The Castle is center for many events such as Gate Control, Hero (King) resurrection, tax rate, and used to declare war or make alliances with other players.

Once a Castle is destroyed, the only remaining objective for other players, is to kill the Queen to defeat the player and gain control of his units and settlements.

My question to you is, should players be able to capture a Neutral Capital Buildings i.e. gain a second chance?
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

Yeah, I think that would be good. It would just kinda suck to just be alive because your queen escaped and have no chance to come back. It would end up with people leaving immediately after they died.

Just don't have too many so that people end up charging around the map endlessly to all of the neutral capitals trying to squash a player who is almost dead.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

That was my thought ;)

I'm planning to make 2 additional "rescueable" Capital Buildings/Castle Settlements in the map.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Since a Capital Building (Castle) is very important, I thought that the Neutral ones (which players can capture) should be well defended.

Here's an example of how a Neutral Castle location might look like.
Keep in mind, the picture below is a WIP screenshot.

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: gif WIP.gif (348.4 KB, 90 views)
Old 02-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Intriguing.
Perhaps players should be able to capture eachother's castles as well? That way it will have some sort of a "conquest" feeling to it, I don't know if that's what you're going for though.
Neutral castles shouldn't be much better than regular castles though, or else it might just turn into some kind of a 'I have a neutral castle thus I win' thing. Which I assume is not good.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
Intriguing.
Perhaps players should be able to capture eachother's castles as well? That way it will have some sort of a "conquest" feeling to it, I don't know if that's what you're going for though.
Neutral castles shouldn't be much better than regular castles though, or else it might just turn into some kind of a 'I have a neutral castle thus I win' thing. Which I assume is not good.
Players ARE able to capture another player's Castle.

Well, I figured that since there's only 2 Neutral Castles, it should be harder to take & easier to defend compared to other settlements. Not to mention, that the player gain an additional Castle, which is huge.

NOTICE - Neutral settlements are defended by The Neutrals.

Last edited by Archian : 02-28-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

While the castle you showed is a WIP, it seems extremely easy to defend. The concept of spiralling up before reaching the front gates mean more ranged units will be attack for a long time before being under attack by melee siege units, but maybe that's what you intend (?). I guess if it is very difficult to take from the beginning and therefore the player must take a risk to try and conquest it then it is understandable.

EDIT: Well I haven't really seen much of other castles so I don't know how this one compares in terms of difficulty to defend, but I just wanted to point out it looks pretty easy to hold off against intruders for such an important building.
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D

Last edited by Anopob : 02-28-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

I'm glad you bring that up. That is indeed the case ;) This location is meant to be an easily defendable spot in the mid-game.

But there are ways to work around the defense, and thus avoid taking the long way up the cliff. Not to mention death from above.

And remember, a player must first defeat The Neutrals defending it, before he or she can take control of it.

Last edited by Archian : 03-01-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #9
The Grey Knight
User

The Grey Knight has little to show at this moment (1)

one thing you may or may not have taken account of is that the units defending the castle will not recieve the higher ground advantage, since theyre not on cliffs, just raised terrain.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Yes, just like Grey Knight guy said, units will be able to fire and see up those cliffs.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote