wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Terrain
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
wraithseeker
User

wraithseeker is on a distinguished road (17)

Default Underwater Scenes [SoV]

Scenes

Last edited by wraithseeker : 05-10-2009 at 09:51 AM.
wraithseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:51 AM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

You should look to use doodads more conducive to the underwater environment. Look for more coral, seaweed (lots of it), fish floating in schools, bubbles, seashells, and more tile variation. Otherwise, you're getting there. Right now it just feels a bit dull. Trust me when I say that the underwater world is much more alive than you currently have it.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 05-12-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:18 AM   #3
Cherry-Soap
User

Cherry-Soap has little to show at this moment (8)

Maybe pollution has killed all the marine life D:.

lol.

As Dusk says, definitely too empty, bland. Even if it's the bottom of the ocean, you need some tile variation > >. You've also got a few floating rocks, not fun :p.
Cherry-Soap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #4
wraithseeker
User

No, There is marien life but I just couldn't find those creatures in my map >_<.

Tile variations with? Grassy dirt? What tiles? I am not too sure which looks good.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:26 AM   #5
ikillforeyou
User

ikillforeyou has little to show at this moment (0)

And, not all water has lush reefs and stuff like what you think of under water to be, thats only COLD water, this could be luke warm. :P Anyways, i like it! <Maybe add a shipwreck or two>
ikillforeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #6
~Void~
Inactive as fuck

Submissions (39)

~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillforeyou
And, not all water has lush reefs and stuff like what you think of under water to be, thats only COLD water, this could be luke warm. :P Anyways, i like it! <Maybe add a shipwreck or two>

Yes, but not all seafloors look good, either. I highly recommend recreating the ones that do look good.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
wraithseeker
User

Suggestions Void.? I am not really so good in terraining. There's a shipwreck and terrain have been improved quite abit.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

You really didn't need to post that many screenshots, the terrain is pretty much the same in all of them.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
~Void~
Inactive as fuck

Submissions (39)

~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithseeker
Suggestions Void.? I am not really so good in terraining. There's a shipwreck and terrain have been improved quite abit.

Mm, for starters; make the fog less blue. Lighter blue, maybe some teal, or if you want dark, just do a dark turquoise with a bit more blue than green.

You also might want to add a lot more plants to the ground, put in a lot more rocks and fish and coral and all that wonderful stuff.