wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Default Mistress - from Dungeon Keeper 2

Mistress

Description:
This is the Mistress from an old game called Dungeon Keeper 2. She is exceptional at torturing all people (even herself).

Infos of how I made this model:

- I used the WoW Succubus as a base model and did heavy modifications on it (example: the legs walks as a normal human).
- Since I failed at the anatomy when trying to skin freehand and nobody felt like making a skin for me, I took the original skin from Bullfrog Productions and CnP it to the new model. I also did some freehand attach so the skin will have a better wrap (the result might not be 100% look like the original Mistress, but whatever).
- I disabled the model shading effect so the model's butt wouldn't look so boxy.
- The Icon is also a typical CnP (don't wanna bother on freehand that either).
- I also gave the hair team color.

This model/skin may not be 100% perfect, but I don't feel like improve it (it looks as good as it is in my opinion, even if it's not 100%). So it's up to you admins and moderators to approve or disapprove it.

Credits:

Dan van Ohllus:
Model editing, UV fixes, Skin/Icon CnP.

Darren Pattenden (art director of various companies) & Bullfrog Productions:
Their original Mistress texture I used (wich was actually found from their custom Q3 model of the DK2 Mistress) and the picture of the CnP icon. Plus giving me the inspirations, guys!

Do NOT credit only me for this resource. You must credit BOTH me and the original authors, since I used a skin from another's work.

Texture paths:

Mistress01.blp
Mistress02.blp

Remove \war3mapImported (or \war3campImported for campaigns) and restart World Editor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DK2-Mistress-Screeny.jpg (140.8 KB, 8107 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DK2Mistress.zip (406.6 KB, 1975 views)

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 09-21-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:26 PM   #2
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Send a message via AIM to Jazradel Send a message via MSN to Jazradel

DK2 was incredible fun.

Nice model, but the waist is creepily thin. The head looks wierd too, but I know it's meant to be that way.

Still a very cool model.

Last edited by Jazradel : 09-20-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Jazradel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #3
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

texture CnP? I realy don't like that.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:18 AM   #4
Turkey_Slayer
User

Turkey_Slayer is on a distinguished road (10)

Send a message via AIM to Turkey_Slayer

I'd hit it.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
texture CnP? I realy don't like that.

I failed at skinning for this model in freehand (did a try and the result didn't look a poop like the Mistress). What a pity! :(
But if custom models with CnP textures are unaccepted (wich I couldn't saw in the rules), I understand that and will accept the way the rules is.

Sad that the request method I tried didn't work.

And as I said before...

Quote:
It's up to you admins and moderators to approve or disapprove it.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

I'll see what olof's and possibly Tim's opinions are first.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #7
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Well, the skin is a CnP and the base of the model is the WoW Succubus, the methods may not be the bst, but it's the end result that really matters, so I gues this could be approved, though I still want to hear some other opinions.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #8
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

I can only judge usefulness, and for me this is useful
Old 09-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #9
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Don't tempt me to pick up my DK map! Nice composition, but a shame its mostly not your model/texture.

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

meh, what the hell, approved.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

You credit yourself for CnPing an icon? I think you should put in the real author...

Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #12
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

So you people are approving a slightly modified wow model with cnp skin, but models with minor uwmap issues aren't good enough for you?
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Don't look at me :)

Old 09-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #14
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasrudin
So you people are approving a slightly modified wow model with cnp skin, but models with minor uwmap issues aren't good enough for you?
minor?
and bad UV's makes the model look like shit.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #15
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehorn
You credit yourself for CnPing an icon? I think you should put in the real author...

Understood. Updated the credits adding "the picture of the CnP icon" for the true authors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasrudin
So you people are approving a slightly modified wow model with cnp skin

I did a HUGE modification on this model (both the shape and the UV), compare this with the WoW Succubus (take a download from wc3sear.ch) and you see the differences. :P

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 09-21-2006 at 07:51 PM.