wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
Tiku
User

Submissions (1)

Tiku is on a distinguished road (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadcop
give me credits then all is OK ;) and btw use the new version !

Aw.... are you serious? i have to give you credit? Lol just kidding, Of course ill give you credit! Thanks =]

And nice system! Love the new colors to! =]
Imagine... You are playing a map in which you have no idea what to do, with no documentation or tips in the map whatsoever. No, not even the 7 others playing the map can figure out what the hell the point is supposed to be. You wonder what sadistic mind trick the map author is trying to impose on you. Suddenly, the only person who remotely understands the map (the mapmaker himself) sends swarms of high-level stuff at your base and heroes, completely crushing you. This sadistic onslaught on your units and, more importantly, your brain, begins to make you question your sanity and makes you quickly put all of the sharp objects in close proximity to you under lock and key. During this one-sided fight, the mapmaker continues to exclaim, "Dis shit is teh dope man!" You leave the game in defeat, wondering why life was so cruel as to waste 8 minutes of your life in such a mind-rottenly disgusting manner...
Tiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #17
Freakazoid
I love you all.

Submissions (14)

Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)

I'll play around with this.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #18
Mapz_Maker
User

Submissions (1)

Mapz_Maker is on a distinguished road (12)

In fact, vexorian, you can have more than one multiboard. The trick is displaying them correctly, so if you were going to utilize a Multiboard Menu you could use My System for the display of multiboards per player (check bottom of the linked tutorial). And change the menus quickly to allow you to be in-menu or out-menu then for the display of other things you could reserve perhaps the top X rows for other information, X being a global to be set by user, and do it that way. Plus you could use the show for player, give everybody their own specific multiboard, then allow usage of commands such as .all .ally .player # .obs and so on and so forth...
WC3C - Mapz_Maker makes a post!
Conditions
Actions
Custom Script: loop
Custom Script: exitwhen 1 = 2
Custom Script: set Mapz_Maker's Rep = Mapz_Maker's Rep + 1
Custom Script: endloop

Last edited by Mapz_Maker : 02-02-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Mapz_Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:39 AM   #19
Mapz_Maker
User

Submissions (1)

Toadcop, i gave your map a little bit of a cleanup.

Changes Made by Mapz_Maker to ToadCop's Chat System

Additions to the Emotions List made by Mapz_Maker

:biggrin: Reason: cmd " :D " did not work
warcraft
w3x
map

Basic Formatting Cleanup
I adjusted a bunch of characters to have different size values, making it look nicer.

Attached Files
File Type: w3x Tc'sChat.w3x (59.8 KB, 19 views)
Conditions
Actions

Last edited by Mapz_Maker : 02-02-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #20
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Mapz_Maker

Quote:
// :biggrin: Reason: cmd " :D " did not work
// warcraft
// w3x
// map

??? no sense ??? you have done nothing =) some tags is childs play

:D - it must work look screen shot in first post !!! the parse looks for shortes realisation of tag so if you have :D and :D2 = you will get :D !

arhhh ! fuck i know the reason ! you must use only lower case ! not upper for tags ! if you will add a ":d" smile all will be OK ! for :D and :d smiles ! the system force to use lower case to avoid problems... i have forgot to change :D in :d sorry my fault =) !

Last edited by Toadcop : 02-02-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Toadcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #21
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Some new update have fixed the problem with :D smile now all works correct + the issue with writing only ^1 color tag in message.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #22
Mapz_Maker
User

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadcop
You have done nothing! some tags are childs play
Untrue, That Statement is mean, if you read my changes i stated "I adjusted a bunch of characters to have different size values, making it look nicer." That is a big change i went in-game found characters that took up to much room and reduced their size to smooth out the formatting if that is nothing, then there are several options you may choose from and tell me which one is most accurate.
1) You are Lazy (unlikely, you built this)
2) You are Blind to the Obvious (possible, you did not alter the formatting [supposedly easy])
3) You have not played your own testmap (unlikely, it works)

This post is not meant to flame, but seriously. "Nothing" is inappropriate although you may have had a smile on your face and been kidding. That statement can cause deep anger. i listed the 'new' text cmds because i wanted to affirmate you did not put them there i did not remember all of the character's width i adjusted and did not want to accidentally claim something you did as my own by accident in a large list of adjustments. As small as the stuff i did may seem... it is the difference between "What Is This Dude's Problem! My M and B are a mile apart!!!" or "Whoa! This is cool..." on BNet. on BNet people notice unreasonable width etc. In Addition to the formatting i added in a very simple, logical trigger "Variables" This is a trigger made to make the implementation of your system easier, if anything i would think you would appreciate somebody adding in what you forgot to add. From what i can tell, you are to prideful to add the simplest thing in which would improve your map not even mentioning the updated formatting.

You cannot say that anything above is false, for the simple reason that if you choose not to accept fact you choose to lie to yourself. Format or Not. In my opinion Formatting is the best choice.

TIP: If somebody is willing to provide you with corrected material, don't complain. it means your project is good enough for attention.
Conditions
Actions

Last edited by Mapz_Maker : 02-06-2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #23
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Mapz_Maker ? i haven't understand a word ?! sorry...
attention - it's relative...
Old 04-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #24
Ahougui
User

Ahougui will become famous soon enough (26)

i think you should be able to type commands into the multiboad like

//Open - will open the multiboard
//OpenF - will open the multiboard but make it also take most of the screen allowing you to see more of the chat quickly and easily
//close - will set the multiboard back to its orignal size and close it so its not in the way

I really like the idea of the emotes

~
Ahougui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #25
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Quote:
//OpenF - will open the multiboard but make it also take most of the screen allowing you to see more of the chat quickly and easily
//close - will set the multiboard back to its orignal size and close it so its not in the way
yes this can easely done... if it's really needed.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #26
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

all i see is IMVU in Wc3 universe :P
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #27
Centreri
User

Submissions (1)

Centreri has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Centreri Send a message via MSN to Centreri Send a message via Yahoo to Centreri

Awesome system. Not good for some maps, but for others this would be great. I like your use of kolobok smilies; my favorite :P. Also, tons of good features. Icons, color... much more than I expected when I first visited this topic.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:44 AM   #28
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Quote:
all i see is IMVU in Wc3 universe :P
- IMVU ? what ?

Centreri yeah ! thanks ;)
Quote:
Also, tons of good features. Icons, color... much more than I expected when I first visited this topic.
:D this all can be extended !
Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #29
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

Omg you dont know what IMVU is :P
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #30
Ahougui
User

Ahougui will become famous soon enough (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shougun
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadcop
yes this can easely done... if it's really needed.

I think that //open and //close will be nice and simple for people who can type fast it would save loads of time in the long run (1 second over a peroid of 6 hours can add up)

//openF is just one of them little sparkle things not really needed some would like it while others would never even know it was there

Another option, for the importer/ maybe even ingame option that would be nice is

//showtext - which would also show it like DOBRP (keep player name color/text color/ of course icons would have to go sadly unless you wanted to make like filter screen for every emote lol which would take a bit of map space =P)

//say - just has the text apear over a unit's head ( this would be useful in RPGS not really helpful in any other game as you cant really control who it would appear over as easily )

----------------------------------------------------------------

Have you thought of Combat Dialog?
Like in an MMORPG,

So and so hits blah for so much damage
so and so casts fire
Joe heals so and so for blah points

You could even have your chat multiboard work with your Combat one, having Combat one appear during a fight and revert to Chat afterwards, although you might want to allow [party] (allies) to make it into combat dialog...

The Combat Dialog could also appear like DOBRP's

anyways just an idea
--------------------------------------

From me spamming the Multiboard i would say the system it self is pretty sturdy and works well GJ
Ahougui is offline   Reply With Quote