wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2007, 04:48 AM   #31
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

You are a god. I've been NEEDING one of these for my map. Just jumping. No spell, no graphics, no DAMAGEEVERYUNITTHERE crap. +rep, and this sucker is going straight into my map.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #32
WTFish
User

WTFish is on a distinguished road (22)

Nice job on the jump system .

I pmed Waldbaer with a few questions about this system, but I realised it would be better if I posted them in this thread, because others passing through might be able to answer them, lol.

So, here they are:
How can I make it so that it isn't a point targeting spell, its instant cast (like roar and windwalk etc), and the point that the unit jumps to is a distance (which depends on his movement speed) in front of his facing? Using this alteration, if a units movement speed is 0, will he jump straight up and down? (or will there be some bug with pathing... does it check before the jump function starts? (the area might be unpathable because you are in it?))

Also, how can I make it so the height doesn't depend on the distance the jump covers, and just have a height that is constant?

In the code, do I just replace
Collapse JASS:
    set height = GetStoredReal( udg_DCJS_GC, s, "Height" )
with
Collapse JASS:
    set height = 300 
, and remove all these:
Collapse JASS:
    call StoreReal( udg_DCJS_GC, s, "Height", height )
?

Thanks so much .
WTFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #33
Waldbaer
Dragonblood Creator

Submissions (3)

Waldbaer will become famous soon enough (37)Waldbaer will become famous soon enough (37)

Update 01/21/07 Version 2.0: Added the function DCJS_Bounce; the Jump functions now also work correctly with a unit starting the jump in the air; major performance improvements; bugfix; detailed Version History included from now on

@WTFish: Problem solved via PM
Old 01-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #34
WNxCryptic
User

WNxCryptic is on a distinguished road (24)

Not sure if this is related or not, or whether anyone will even be able to do anything about it but here goes:

When I added this into my treant-tag type map for use, numerous triggers go haywire, particularly the triggers that give units on map-startup (based on an event - time elapsed 5 seconds) and the triggers that control victory and defeat conditions (unit - generic unit dies; triggering unit = blah blah, all units of type triggering unit are dead, blah blah)

I've removed the jump ability (and simply remvoed the heroes that I was planning on using them on, thankfully I hadn't wasted too much time developing them) so I don't need it fixed for my map, but I figured I'd report the issue.
WNxCryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #35
gref
User

gref has little to show at this moment (0)

Great system, I'm am very much a fan.

Two things I noticed:
1. If you jump, then press the jump key continually while in the air, you stay in the air and fly without dropping. (Until you stop pressing jump)
2. While you jump you are attackable via melee hits, where you should probably only be attackable via ranged and spell attacks.

Just things you should mention so that people can work them out when they implement this into their maps.
gref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #36
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
2. While you jump you are attackable via melee hits, where you should probably only be attackable via ranged and spell attacks.
That's one thing that would make the spell a little too much complicated...
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #37
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gref
1. If you jump, then press the jump key continually while in the air, you stay in the air and fly without dropping. (Until you stop pressing jump)
Just add a cooldown to the dummy spell

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #38
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gref
Prhaps that could be achieved by giving the unit the flying classification when it starts the jump and removing it when it finishes. Other classifications can affect spell targeting, perhaps this one can too.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:11 AM   #39
Vulkarus
User

Vulkarus has little to show at this moment (5)

when I tested the map I saw I could rack up a few hundred leaked locations in 5 minutes of casting the spell rapidly, you might try to fix those.

Last edited by Vulkarus : 08-22-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Vulkarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #40
PotatoPeeler
User

PotatoPeeler has little to show at this moment (4)

One bug, when im sliding on ice and use this jump feature i land but then i slide backwards :S
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 AM   #41
PotatoPeeler
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkarus
when I tested the map I saw I could rack up a few hundred leaked locations in 5 minutes of casting the spell rapidly, you might try to fix those.

thats why abilities have cooldowns and people have brains T_T

Edit: sorry about the double post T_T

Last edited by PotatoPeeler : 10-02-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #42
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

potato Cooldown isnt an excuse for location leaks, good code should have no location leaks and should allow rapidly fire the code.
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #43
PotatoPeeler
User

true, but.. if there were a cooldown on the ability making you jump no one would even know about the leak, therefore no need to worry about it.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #44
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

yes need to worry about it. Leaks are bad, whether it's one every 10 seconds or 1 every .2 seconds.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 AM   #45
PotatoPeeler
User

couldnt u just destroy the location or point or whatever after use?
and if the ability is casted again during flight or whatever he immediately moves to point b