wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > 2D Art Tutorials (Skinning)
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2006, 04:15 PM   #31
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
but these days i use a higher opicity setting then TDR, usually 40-50.
you mean lower...
Old 04-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #32
Travinkel
Kuztom

Submissions (2)

Travinkel will become famous soon enough (48)Travinkel will become famous soon enough (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatewarE
PS CS 2... (he has written it in the first post....)
Actually, I meant for the video capturing...
Travinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #33
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

camtasia studio
Old 04-14-2006, 01:50 AM   #34
shakoma
User

shakoma has little to show at this moment (0)

interesting
shakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:53 AM   #35
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

u click a lot, I didnt know it was posible to get things to look nice with a mouse GJ, usually I paint like I do with coloring pencils,(not clicking too much n working with presure of the tablet)and with 100 opacity.

Last edited by jigrael : 04-14-2006 at 06:55 AM.
jigrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:04 AM   #36
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

I used to use 100 opacity, but I discovered that it's better to use 60-70%, even with pressure sensitive tablets.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #37
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Interesting effect, but personally i find it doesn't make a nice gradient to follow. It works well for dinted metals and such, but if you want a sort of smooth tube or ball, smudge gets a smoother gradient.
Pheonix-IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #38
HatewarE
Untrve Swamplord

Submissions (5)

HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)

Send a message via ICQ to HatewarE Send a message via MSN to HatewarE

Pfffft... if you want it smoother then pic a soft edged brush...

woho, started new map project... haven't thought I would touch the WE ever again...
HatewarE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #39
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix-IV
Interesting effect, but personally i find it doesn't make a nice gradient to follow. It works well for dinted metals and such, but if you want a sort of smooth tube or ball, smudge gets a smoother gradient.

o rly? I just made this with the technique I showed in the video, with the mouse (hard edge brush):
Old 04-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #40
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Now thats a nice piece of work. Taste the rainbow.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:50 AM   #41
Werewulf
Banned

Submissions (86)

Werewulf has little to show at this moment (0)

smudge isnt a sin. i use a smudger with my pencil work to blend the shading, but when i paint i cant use smudge of course so i paint like what you did on the comp.
But you cant tell picasso hes works r like baby crap when he started the style abstractism(i think :/), you cant tell him that he draws like a 5yr old (yet he can draw amazing work much better than any of us that look realistic and life like, ) he chose hes style and for that he stood out.
this is helpful and dont kick my ass for saying this stuff, but you can suggest but you dont tell and force.
And i am grateful for telling me and showing people but no need to scold or praise smudge or overlayers or what ever its called...

plz...dont kill me.. i already know what others r gonna say...including u..
Werewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:59 AM   #42
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

first of all, Picasso started cubism, never abstractism :). Secondly, I just want to make people see that smudge looks very ugly (wich it does) and so they alone will stop using it. And you shouldn't smudge the pencil work. No realy, don't, because it is ugly (you may like it, but it's realy ugly and it's a "wannabe artist" effect, in my opinion :/, so that's why I disrespect people who smudge pencil work in real life). When I was little, I used to smudge pencil a looot, but now when I look at those drawings I feel like barfing. Though when working with charcoal or pastels (because they smear uniformly and nicely), then it's indicated to smudge, but preferably with a paper blender.

And how come you can't smudge/smear while painting? I do that all the time ( in real life), for subtle gradients. I get my hands (fingers actualy) dirty like hell every time I paint.

All in all it's up to everyone's taste and judgement, you can't stopa phenomena unless you kill all it's adepts...hmm, that's actualy a good idea...
Old 04-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #43
Werewulf
Banned

Submissions (86)

Werewulf has little to show at this moment (0)

that was my taste, but since i smudge in rl, thats my style. you may not like it, others might not like it, but i like it cuz of my heart, not my head.
But im not saying your wrong, hell im not saying im right, vise versa. im just stating another view compared to another.
so i am sorry if my last post offened you, im just stating a little pop up in my head.
Werewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #44
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

why would I get offended? it's all cool. :)
Old 04-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #45
HatewarE
Untrve Swamplord

Submissions (5)

HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)HatewarE will become famous soon enough (52)

Send a message via ICQ to HatewarE Send a message via MSN to HatewarE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
All in all it's up to everyone's taste and judgement, you can't stopa phenomena unless you kill all it's adepts...hmm, that's actualy a good idea...

We would have to kill many people :D

woho, started new map project... haven't thought I would touch the WE ever again...

Last edited by HatewarE : 04-30-2006 at 09:32 PM.
HatewarE is offline   Reply With Quote