wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

There are no other standard invulnerability abilities. I could write a one-line, adjustable function that can do all of what this library does. This library does far, far more work than necessary for such a simple cause.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #17
Troll-Brain
User

Submissions (1)

Troll-Brain has a spectacular aura about (134)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
There are no other standard invulnerability abilities. I could write a one-line, adjustable function that can do all of what this library does. This library does far, far more work than necessary for such a simple cause.
I can too, but in fact i've learned something today i always thought that the trick GetUnitAbilityLevel(u,'Avul')>0 was enough.

EDIT : And it seems i'm not the only one.

Last edited by Troll-Brain : 01-02-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Troll-Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #18
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Divine Shield is not a revelation, dude, nor does it merit the existence of this library...

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-02-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #19
Troll-Brain
User

Submissions (1)

Troll-Brain has a spectacular aura about (134)

Quote:
Divine Shield is not a revelation, dude, nor does it merit the existence of this library...
I had never needed to check the invulnerability of an unit, for some reason i believed that the buffs of all invulnerable abilities are always the same, hardcoded.
Yes i was a noob, and yes i will stop posting here
Old 01-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #20
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Okay, well, the admins chatted over it a bit (I know, aren't you special!), and we came to the conclusion that it can be approvable if you do the following:
  • A custom Finger of death ability is not necessary. You can use the in-game finger of death on an in-game unit in order to make this system. You only need to make the in-game unit invis and 'Aloc'd and it will work fine.
If you can do that, then this script will eliminate the objectmerger use and be approvable.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:41 AM   #21
ToukoAozaki
extends net.wc3c.Jasser

Submissions (5)

ToukoAozaki will become famous soon enough (60)ToukoAozaki will become famous soon enough (60)ToukoAozaki will become famous soon enough (60)

Send a message via MSN to ToukoAozaki

Quote:
There are a few cases that makes a unit/units invulnerable. I'll upload a demo map very soon.

Quote:
Okay, well, the admins chatted over it a bit (I know, aren't you special!), and we came to the conclusion that it can be approvable if you do the following:
  • A custom Finger of death ability is not necessary. You can use the in-game finger of death on an in-game unit in order to make this system. You only need to make the in-game unit invis and 'Aloc'd and it will work fine.
If you can do that, then this script will eliminate the objectmerger use and be approvable.

I thought about that and concluded that custom dummy could be unnecessary. However, in-game FOD may pose a problem. I wrote this library in a way that is bulletproof (that will work in any condition, event, settings, occasion, or maps). Using in-game FOD lets a chance to malfunction, as the user of this library has absolutely no obligation not to modify an ability I intended to use.
While I need a custom FOD to eliminate any potential bugs, what about ObjectMerger use below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePoot
Collapse RemovalDetection:
// This line creates a new ability based off of defend - make sure it doesn't conflict.
    //! external ObjectMerger w3a Adef rdd& anam "Removal Detection Defend"
ToukoAozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:14 AM   #22
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Wait, why would you need a defend based ability? I don't follow the logic of that suggestion with regards to this submission.

Also, the in-game FoD is fairly bullet-proof as well. All you need to do is issue the order and immediately pause the unit. All you need from the order is the boolean it returns, and no in-game unit can cast a spell instantly. That means you're safe.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #23
ToukoAozaki
extends net.wc3c.Jasser

Submissions (5)

ToukoAozaki will become famous soon enough (60)ToukoAozaki will become famous soon enough (60)ToukoAozaki will become famous soon enough (60)

Quote:
Wait, why would you need a defend based ability? I don't follow the logic of that suggestion with regards to this submission.
I quoted that code because it doesn't seem any more necessary than custom FoD.
I thought again and it was definitely needed to hide the ability. Don't mind that quote.

Quote:
Also, the in-game FoD is fairly bullet-proof as well. All you need to do is issue the order and immediately pause the unit. All you need from the order is the boolean it returns, and no in-game unit can cast a spell instantly. That means you're safe.

Actually pausing trick solved that point. However, it's not the case I'm talking about. Once the user edited that spell (especially manacost or target), the script will break. Also, while I was fixing the code, I found out that I needed to set specific targets. In-game FoD (without modification) will not work with wards.

Last edited by ToukoAozaki : 01-03-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #24
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Wards are immune to the custom invulnerability sources anyways, so GetUnitAbilityLevel(Ward, 'Avul') > 0 will suffice in that case.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #25
ToukoAozaki
extends net.wc3c.Jasser

Submissions (5)

Quote:
Wards are immune to the custom invulnerability sources anyways, so GetUnitAbilityLevel(Ward, 'Avul') > 0 will suffice in that case.

They normally do, but that's not hardcoded; you can't say 100%.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #26
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Maybe I am just an idealist that believes in people making their maps with some common sense as opposed to doing stupid things just to break scripts. You're probably right, though.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #27
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

store HP
deal *pure* damage 0.001
get HP

changed?

no? == invulnerable !!!
DioD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #28
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

We were discussing that, but I was under the impression that there was no damage/attack type combination that worked reliably for both ethereal units and spell immune units.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #29
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

You do not need to pause unit.
You can remove ability after order is given, this will stor unit without any problems.
Also this will fail if target invisible, cos ability cannot be cast in this case.

Check my thread for more about dummy handle for this cases.
DioD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #30
ToukoAozaki
extends net.wc3c.Jasser

Submissions (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioD
You do not need to pause unit.
You can remove ability after order is given, this will stor unit without any problems.

Well, that would work too. I don't feel the actual difference though. Pausing unit is also for extra safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioD
Also this will fail if target invisible, cos ability cannot be cast in this case.
If the unit is not visible to neutral passive (owner of dummy unit), it temporarily shares its vision to neutral passive. When I didn't share vision of the unit, the function failed like you said. Wind walk and phase shift yielded result that the unit is invulnerable. However, once I wrote some more code to share its vision, everything worked.

Last edited by ToukoAozaki : 01-03-2009 at 02:07 PM.