wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
User

2435698 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default New awsome idea for new X-Men/marvel map

I have been playing some of these so-called AWSOME X-Men games and i have to say.. i hate them. we need something better like based off real incidents that happened in the world of X-Men and in marvel universe not some stupid battles against X-Men heros. My plan is to make customized skins for heros such as Wolverine, cyclops, jean-grey(phoenix), storm, gambit, nightcrawler, Hulk, Spiderman and etc. Thats just for the good team, for the brotherhood i have Mystique, Magneto, Juggernaut, Code Red, Green Goblin, Venon, Ghost Rider, ETC. Andskins for them as well. But not only that but to expand their horizon. I want the biggest map we can make with starting sides such as the school of xavier, and where logan and Rogue first meet, then sabertooth kicks wolverines butt, then they meet the other mutants, and the brotherhood can have a small base outside of the town of new york. Then we have a town of manhatten where spiderman starts out. And then another team is General Striker, and on his team he can have anti mutant hunters and Lady Deathstrike. But the school, manhatten and the brotherhoods base will be spread out. Also there will be creeps to train on and the Training room in the school. And the brotherhood can train on innocent lives in manhatten. Also there will be quests from the 2 movies such as x men and x2 also some from the movie hulk and spiderman/spiderman 2. If anyone likes my idea and wants to get involved then reply on here or add me to msn messanger at pet2435698@hotmail.com. Ill need a wide variety of teammates i need really good trigger makers and skin makers and good terrain builders. Thanks hope to hear from yall.
2435698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
Hyarion
User

Hyarion is on a distinguished road (14)

So, you need people to do terrain, triggers, and skins?
What are YOU going to do?
Old 02-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Jacek
Banned

Submissions (1)

Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via MSN to Jacek

Some tip for you - write this in few parts. One big block of text is very hard to read and will probably be ignored by other forum members.
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

What type of map will it be?

Hero arena, rpg, altered melee.. etc.?

Will it be based on the comic, the cartoon or the film?

Last edited by Fulla : 02-05-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Fulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #5
User

not as much as terrain but im going to give rep.. And anyone who decides to help can get their names in it and ill leave mine out so there is more room. Also the quests will be based off of the movies/and some off the comics. Itll be an rpg/ melee.Its just my computer wont let me put skins or triggers in so i need that mostly.. Anyone who willing to help i will be glad to get started right away.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #6
Ant
User

Submissions (1)

Ant will become famous soon enough (28)

It sounds like it's going to be really original and really awesome because it says so in the title but doesn't show anywhere else! Woot!

What exactly is RPG/Melee eeek. If it means both RPG and Melee, I have no idea how that'll turn out o.o
If it means either RPG or melee, then you haven't yet decided anything much about your map and it's too early to call it either new or awesome.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #7
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
It sounds like it's going to be really original and really awesome because it says so in the title but doesn't show anywhere else! Woot!

What exactly is RPG/Melee eeek. If it means both RPG and Melee, I have no idea how that'll turn out o.o
If it means either RPG or melee, then you haven't yet decided anything much about your map and it's too early to call it either new or awesome.

what it means is about 90% is rpg and i dont know about the last 10% thats will be up to the teammates i have helping me so if you are intertested then ill be glad to go over it with you.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #8
Hyarion
User

Hyarion is on a distinguished road (14)

Why would Ant, a mapmaker who managed to make an RTS into an ARCADE SHOOTING GAME, want to help your pathetic, unimaginative, DOOMED project?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #9
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

There's no need to be mean.

2435698, your project seems, to put it mildly, rather ambitious for someone with 3 posts on the forum, so you'll have to excuse the somewhat hostile feedback you might be receiving. Mapmaking is a hobby that takes some time to master, and those who have spent this time on it might be annoyed when someone gives the impression he wants to make a super cool map right off the bat. I suggest that if you want to make a good map, you first start learning by making something smaller and simpler.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #10
qwertyui
User

qwertyui is on a distinguished road (14)

Hmmm

Okay, from what i understood, what you are about to do is create a wc3-based single/multiplayer campaign, based off X-Men universe.

It is going to be a series of maps, somehow linked with each other, containing a storyline for players to play through.

Your highlights are:
- Well-known universe
- Ovbious drive to create the best representation possible

Your problems are:
- Similarly obvious lack of modding experience (not to offend you or anything ^^)
- Sheer size of the project

Bottom line:
If you are ready to sink 2-3 hours a day (at least) for the next few years in something you will never know when, how and if it will pay off - go for it.

If i were you, i would go for some smaller x-men scenario first. For instance, a hero defense type map where you protect X-Manor against all manner of intruders.

This will allow you to get the feel of X-men based game mechanics, learn some basic and advanced modding and get some useful context for drawing other people in your project.
qwertyui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #11
Drek-ker
User

Drek-ker has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Drek-ker

i like the idea i can help anyday cuz im not planning on making maps for a while. i could do terraining not so good at triggers.
Drek-ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #12
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek-ker
i like the idea i can help anyday cuz im not planning on making maps for a while. i could do terraining not so good at triggers.

well thank you and this aint my first map btw i just have been posting my stuff on other forums not just this one that i just found out was back online so excuse me for my hostile feedback but get the fucking faqs before you start making rude comments and for those 2 who are appreciative and wanna help i thank you and add my msn if u can, pet2435698@hotmail.com or just post back here
Old 02-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Tip: Don't swear. It really puts people off. And use paragraphs.
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:25 PM   #14
Dominant-Male
Murder!

Off Topic Moderator

Dominant-Male will become famous soon enough (46)Dominant-Male will become famous soon enough (46)

Send a message via MSN to Dominant-Male

I'd love to see a map in the Marvel universe with decent gameplay/skills/graphics. However, a campaign is too big. I say you begin with a hero defense. Also, try to find something that makes it unique besides only being a map with Marvel characters. Some change to the normal gameplay would make it very interesting.
Dominant-Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #15
User

whenever anyone would like to help i need a triggerer also a skin maker. and if drek ker want to help me with terraining?