wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Concept Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Kurjuus
User

Submissions (8)

Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)

Default Auf Niederen Pfaden

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Blah, reworked the thing in photoshop

I'll never touch something I can't handle again when it comes to illustration xD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Azagthoth - Auf Niederen Pfaden.jpg (118.9 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by Kurjuus : 05-04-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: from crap to crap!
Kurjuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Born清odificate
Fear the bananamonster!

Respected User

Submissions (26)

Born清odificate is just really nice (317)Born清odificate is just really nice (317)Born清odificate is just really nice (317)

Send a message via ICQ to Born清odificate Send a message via AIM to Born清odificate

Ouh banane, ihr dunkel metaler seid se ^^
Was mir oft bei so "b飉em" kram auff鄟lt ist, dass man die Schriftzge vor lauter Geschn顤kel fast nicht mehr lesen kann :)

Well i'd better change to english now, otherwise i'll get a warning :P
Mhm is this the final version? I think its still kinda blurry and its here and there difficult to make out the shade of the background.
What also disturbs is that there's somehow no eyecatcher in the cover... i don't know, i think theres still something missing. I got a rather "bored" impression of the picture. Maybe its still not evilknevil enough :P
Old 02-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
sluggen
User

Submissions (8)

sluggen will become famous soon enough (27)

Well for a cd cover it looks realy bad the title should be much easier to spot. It's a to amatureish made picture for a cover, it looks like a serious work but to bad for that, if you want simplicity in a cover make it simple, not a serious work that ends simple that looks bad :) also i cant make out a single letter in your bands name logo, or maybe the first letter is Z? its all a blurry mess of spikes.

EDIT: would look alot better to have the title on a poster or carved in a tree instead of just randomly placed on the ground.

mmmmm...mmmmm...MMM!

Last edited by sluggen : 02-07-2008 at 04:35 PM.
sluggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
Kurjuus
User

Submissions (8)

Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)

should I have mentioned it's for a demo? xD
Well, first of all the logo is distorted on purpose. If you know a deal about such kvlty extreme metal bands like we are (lol) you wouldn't lose a word about it being unreadable ^^ The title is btw placed onto a rock actually but that's less important since I've actually thought about leaving it at all

Now on to the serious criticism: Yeah, it seems to be my greatest weakness to make up a subject which catches the eye in picutres like that. On the other hand I like stuff which you can't make out at first sight. Stuff in the backgroudn is blurred on purpose not only because it's less important but also because there is supposed to be light mist in the air (lyrics [translated from German]: "Walking on fridgid paths/thorugh a dead forest/surrounded by light mist/...") guess it's not really visible but I hadn't had a better clue how to create msit with charcoal other than smudging it in a certain way.

ANd yes, it's the final version, and yeah I'm an amateur :P you won't find any pro on these forums, only people that are really good at what they're doing (exludes me)
Old 02-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #5
Antsu
User

Antsu has little to show at this moment (5)

Send a message via MSN to Antsu

Perhaps you guys don't know what black metal is. It's supposed to be raw. I like it and I think it fits it's purpose perfectly. Maybe it's not much in eyes of a one who draws much, but, it still is a very good picture for a demo cover.

I prefered the old logo though, this indeed is too messy.:P

My current ber project: Whatever crappy AoS
Triggers [||||||||||]
Terran [||||||||||]
Untis [||||||||||]
Mega Items [||||||||||]

Please visit our official homepage and forums, watch the trailer, strategy guide and movie and download "Whatever crappy AoS" -desktop theme! Remember that my map is super unique, because it has more itemrecipes than DotA!!!

Last edited by Antsu : 02-09-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Antsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #6
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

I didn't even know the white scribbles on the center was actually the band name-logo.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
Night-raider
User

Night-raider has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Night-raider

hmm, looks cool except you can't read the titel and the pentagram is kinda worring...

-Occupations:
Learning to make triggered skills.
Going to learn JASS.
Writing a RP.
Improving my Modeling skills.

Last edited by Night-raider : 02-09-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Night-raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Unreadable logo = unnacceptale. Absolutely rubbish cover.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
Kurjuus
User

Submissions (8)

updated the first post with a reworked version :o

if anyone cares...
Old 05-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

looks pretty cool to me man, nice contrast, but as previously people have said, the title needs to be easier to read, ok u like it hard to read like that, but at least make it bigger, so its like 'in ur face' n all agressive, thats what u want ne way rite? and also try to integrate it into the pic a bit, eg charcoal it! make it in the same colouring, as apposed to start white on the greys n blacks.

looking pretty hardcore man (^.^)