wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #346
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

Well, God knows when I'll be able to finish my evvol snoeman of teh duom( complete with tophat, carrot nose, scarf and evil twig hands)

But I haven't even started on Headbutt yet, I've been super busy this week and I'm lucky to have just enough time to only browse the internet. My exams are coming up next week, and Biology's a real bitch.

Last edited by Malf : 12-04-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #347
XieLong
User

XieLong has little to show at this moment (7)

Default morcius' request

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Ok, however, here's the requested 'Multi-Shot' for morcius.

Spells:
IconNameTooltipRequesterDownload
Multi ShotMulti-Shot fires multiple arrows by splitting one arrow into many, each arrow dealing 100 damage.The spread of the arrows is controllable, but you can never hit any individual monster with more than one arrow per Multi-shot. Even if you fire 10 arrows right into a monster, it will only take damage from one of them, with the other nine continuing on (possibly hitting other targets). This makes this skill great for doing minor damage to every monster in a large group at once, but useless for doing big damage to any individual monster.

Level 1 - 3 arrows.
Level 2 - 6 arrows.
Level 3 - 10 arrows.
morciusMulti Shot.w3x

I hope it turned out well, cause this is my first JESP-Spell. All in all the spell conforms to Pyrogams standard.

In accord with morcius, I changed the dealt damage per arrow to fixed 100.

Constructive Critism is desired ;)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x JESP Multi Shot.w3x (164.9 KB, 357 views)

Last edited by XieLong : 12-04-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: just fixed the spell tooltips...
XieLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #348
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malf
But I haven't even started on Headbutt yet, I've been super busy this week and I'm lucky to have just enough time to only browse the internet. My exams are coming up next week, and Biology's a real bitch.
'Ts okay. I've got my exams coming up too, so even if you make the spell I wouldn't be able to implement it yet. So exams first, spells second.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #349
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Xie, did Pyro approve of you to help? (I didn't get the news if he did.)
On that note, morcius didn't offer enough information on his spell for any of us to finish it. How did you? (He didn't specify how he wanted the arrows to fly, and that sort of stuff.)
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #350
XieLong
User

Quote:
Pyrogasm:
XieLong, I don't have anything against you or a problem with your working on these requests... it's just that I have no idea if you're any good or if you're just some random idiot out there who has decided "i r gunna maek teh spellzlol". Show me something and I'll be happy to let you work on some of these!
And here's my 'journeyman's piece', maybee I'll become approved.

I take the only possibility to gain the missing informations: I asked the requestor. And now the spell works the way he wants him to work, or at least I hope so.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #351
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

So what'd you do, PM him? 'cause he certainly didn't reply here in the thread.

Testing the spell out, it seemed to work perfectly. You forgot to rename the testmap, though, so it showed up as "JESP DoT Template".
I shall check out the code right now.

Code Ninja-Edit:
So, it looks good. Definitely not in my style of coding (lowercase variables, lol) but I have no problem with that; whatever floats your boat. There weren't any real errors, just some optimization that should be done. A good (or would it be bad?) example of where you are calling functions over and over again when you should set them to a variable is here:

set u = CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(c), Multi_Shot_DummyUnitId(), GetUnitX(c), GetUnitY(c), ModuloReal((GetUnitFacing(c) + (270 + (180-angle)/2) + (i * (angle / (Multi_Shot_Arrows(lvl)-1) ))), 360) ) All those function calls in there that will return the same value again and a gain(GetUnit__(c), Multi_Shot_DummyUnitId(), ModuloReal(...), etc.) will be called for each arrow that's created. It only looks like it's doing it once, but it's inside a loop, so...

The other thing is the comparison of [ljass]GetUnitState(UNIT_STATE_LIFE) <= 0. Units die when they have < 0.406 life, and corpses have between 0 and 0.406; thus, you're not ruling anything out with this comparison and the arrows can collide with dead units. Additionally, that collision configuration function should be in the "configuration" portion of the spell.

Using a null boolexpr like so: call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(k, GetUnitX(u), GetUnitY(u), 50, null) actually causes WCIII to suck memory if done too many times. God only knows why. Instead, do the following:
Collapse JASS:
function Multi_Shot_True takes nothing returns boolean
    return true
endfunction
//...
    call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(k, GetUnitX(u), GetUnitY(u), 50, Condition(function Multi_Shot_True))
Work in radians, not degrees! I can help you out with this if you find it to be a terribly hard concept.

This whole section of code should be reworked:
Collapse JASS:
call TriggerSleepAction(3)
call AttachObject(c, "targets", null)
set c = null
call DestroyGroup(g)
set g = null
set u = null
call CleanAttachedVars(t)
call DestroyTimer(t)
set t = null
call DestroyGroup(targets)
set targets = null
You should use a countdown variable that you decrease every callback in order to determine when the spell should stop instead of dealing with that messy TriggerSleepAction nonsense. This would also remove the need to see how far the arrows have gone each callback and get rid of your use of UnitUserData. I would suggest you look at the "Fireball" request to see how this can and should be done.

You leak GetSpellTargetLoc() 4 times in the Actions function.

I see that you're using the NewGen pack (or at least TESH, which means you could be using the NewGen Pack) but are still using HandleVars. Instead, you should switch to structs. This would remove the need for gamecache and all of that silly CSCache stuff. At the very least, you should change from Attached Variables to CSCache's Dynamic Arrays (again, look at Fireball to see how it's done).

If you simply must stick with Attached Variables, use Tables instead of straight attaching and prefix the names of things you're attaching. ("targets" would become "multi shot targets", etc.)
So fix up that stuff and I'll add it to the list on the front! Oh, and you can make spells whenever you want if you'd like; you've proven to be quite acceptable.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 12-04-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #352
morcius
User

morcius has little to show at this moment (0)

Spell is great thats what i wanted! Thanks for help i +rep you both XieLong for creating the spell and Pyrogasm for this great tread. Also have a few questions.
Question one. Can i add more custom script sections to my map? Like make a little space and add another will it work correct and wont reap with each other?
Question two. Can i order second spell ?
morcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #353
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Quote:
Originally Posted by morcius
Spell is great thats what i wanted! Thanks for help i +rep you both XieLong for creating the spell and Pyrogasm for this great tread. Also have a few questions.
Question one. Can i add more custom script sections to my map? Like make a little space and add another will it work correct and wont reap with each other?
You can have as many systems as you want in your custom script section (I'm assuming you mean that space that you get when you click on the map at the top)
Quote:
Question two. Can i order second spell ?
I've ordered about two or three so far.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #354
XieLong
User

Little suggestion: Pyrogasm, could you please link the request-post inside the thread and not only the single post? That would be great (for guys like me which are using the never-used first page)

And, btw: Thanks for your view at the spell, I will fix it as soon, as I'm motivated.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #355
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

It'll take me a bit to find all the request posts, but I sure will.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #356
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Kewl. I did it.

(I'm not doing anything today due to a massive english essay I must finish by tomorrow... sorry Anopob ><)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #357
morcius
User

I copied the multi shot spell to my map but it wont work i did everything correct.

- Make sure the option "Create unknown variables when pasting trigger data" option is checked in your WE preferences.
- Copy over the trigger "Create CS Variables" and then delete it from your map.
- Copy the ENTIRE custom script section of the map into your map. The Custom Script section is the thing above
the category "Map Triggers" on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Copy over the trigger "Initialize CSCache" or add that trigger's actions to another trigger that runs on map init.

Then copied spell , dummy unit and trigger called "Multi Shot"
Old 12-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #358
XieLong
User

Have you checked the ObjectIds (within the spell-trigger)? They have to be the same as your Ids within the object-editor (press CTRL + D to view the ids)
Old 12-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #359
morcius
User

Only one thing is not same the dummy name is
"n00Y:necr (Multi Shot Dummy)" and in your map its name:

"n002:necr (Multi Shot Dummy)"

-EDIT-
Solved the problem now dummy units is "n002:necr (Multi Shot Dummy)" too ,butthe spell still wont work.

Last edited by morcius : 12-06-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #360
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself On First Page
You are so gonna run out of steam after 2 requests. :p
I humbly retract my former statement. I'm quite impressed this has made it so far. I was going through a few of the spells, and they're not bad, it would just be smoother if there were a set of 'standard' systems used in all requested spells. Some require Cohadar's crap, some require Vex's stuff, some use vJass, some don't, etc. If there were a set standard for all spells made as requests, it would be a lot cleaner for people to know what they need in their maps and so forth.

You guys seem to be chugging along though and I commend you on that. Rawr.

EDIT:
Also, if you used all the same systems and such for every spell, you could submit them all at once (Maybe in packets of 20 spells in the same testmap) as resources. That'd be a hella lot more useful than submitting one at a time or none at all.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 12-06-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote