wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > War of the Three Hammers > War of the Three Hammers Project Gallery.
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Default Bronzebeard Mountaineer

As the citizens of Ironforge expanded into the surrounding areas, the order of the mountaineers was founded. Their mission is to safeguard the roads and settlements from dangers.

Model and texture by camel's_hump
Animations by Chriz.
Attached Images
File Type: png mountpromo.png (319.7 KB, 902 views)
Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
antihero
Evening Commmmmmmissioner

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (11)

antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)

Skinning Contest #13 WinnerSkinning contest 2

The beard and the face are very....bleh
antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

:(

Chris you are popping these things out fast.

Oogabooga

Last edited by Chriz. : 11-26-2007 at 01:08 AM.
camel's_hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
Halnodor2
User

Halnodor2 is on a distinguished road (12)

Yeah, i don't like the face at all.
Life is like cookie. With the dough being money and the chocolate chips as women its all good, until you get fat.
Halnodor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 AM   #5
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Thank you all for the descriptive reasons on why you don't like the face and the advice on how to fix it. You are all so kind.

Oogabooga
Old 11-26-2007, 02:43 AM
antihero
This message has been deleted by antihero.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 AM   #6
antihero
Evening Commmmmmmissioner

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (11)

antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)antihero is a jewel in the rough (238)

Skinning Contest #13 WinnerSkinning contest 2

Would you like me to tell you or would you like me to show you?
antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:47 AM   #7
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

Whatever is easiest kind sir.

Oogabooga
Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 AM   #8
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

The face looks like he has bags in the eyes, looks very unnatural.

Other strange thing is the fact he doesn't have eyebrows.

About the model... it looks thin... too thin for a dwarf IMO.

Last edited by moyack : 11-26-2007 at 03:57 AM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:43 AM   #9
PsykieKILLA
User

Submissions (2)

PsykieKILLA has little to show at this moment (4)

As said above, to thin, no eye brows and the bags under his eyes actually look like eyebrows...

the beard rides up to far on his cheek and the parabola curve is to flat... where it now peaks should be further down...

The beard texture is symmetrical which doesn't look right and the bottom of it, while scraggy, which is good, is to flat... unless he specifically cut it that way, or he has a completely flat chin from the beard down, it doesn't make sense...

apart from this, the general look of the model is great, although, until the above concerns are corrected, it is starved of its greatness, which its potential allows...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #10
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

Okay, I'll see if I can fix the face later, but are you saying that all dwarves have to be fat? If so that is ridiculous, nothing has to all be the same. If you claim that all warcraft dwarves have to be fat then two words, artistic license:P

Oogabooga
Old 11-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #11
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

The face is wonderfull compared to that over-wrinkly green hood though.

And you really need to prioratise your polygons diffrently. Theres a lot of senseless detail in there that is too small to be properly noticed and have any effect on the model in-game whatsoever, it'll just make it look more unclear. Obvious esamples are the geometry for the belt and the geometry for the rims of his boots. Those are not needed at all. Geometry for rims of boots can be cool, but you have to make it big enough to be noticed, accadurate more.

I also think you want to put waaay too much detail in your textures. So much that you forget about the bigger composition and color scheme, and how it will look in-game. But this has alays been a problem in your work and you seem to refuse to listen to reason so whatever.

EDIT: all dwarves are big boned, including this one. Get off the fat thing wtf. Go look at the mountain king in the editor, hes a whooole lot skinnyer then this dude. In fact, the only fat dwarf in wc3 is the dude holding the mortar in the mortar team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsykieKILLA
The beard texture is symmetrical which doesn't look right and the bottom of it, while scraggy, which is good, is to flat... unless he specifically cut it that way, or he has a completely flat chin from the beard down, it doesn't make sense...
This is where you stopped making sense. All of the texture is symmetrical, and all of wc3's textures are symmetrical as well. (The bulk of em anyway) This is becouse they are mirrored, so more detail can be put into one texture plane.

And why cant he cut his beard like that eh? I like a dwaf who does some groomin' every now and then. Why not have a square beard, its lush. (though it would make more sense on a kozzack...)

Last edited by erwtenpeller : 11-26-2007 at 12:15 PM.
erwtenpeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
Antsu
User

Antsu has little to show at this moment (5)

Send a message via MSN to Antsu

I think a round, viking shield would look better on him. That "roman" square shied really does not fit imo.

I don't think there's nothing wrong with the face. Right now he looks like we will walk through the eye of the storm if he has to. A a real tought guy.

My current über project: Whatever crappy AoS
Triggers [||||||||||]
Terran [||||||||||]
Untis [||||||||||]
Mega Items [||||||||||]

Please visit our official homepage and forums, watch the trailer, strategy guide and movie and download "Whatever crappy AoS" -desktop theme! Remember that my map is super unique, because it has more itemrecipes than DotA!!!

Last edited by Antsu : 11-26-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Antsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #13
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

I wish people would suggest model and texture edits before I put all the effort into animating it. Now I'll have to redo them if he has to go back and edit the model.

I would suggest looking back at the texture possibly, but as for model issues, take it as helpful advice for later models.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM   #14
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Yes ofcourse, is is a finished piece after all, and i would advice strongly against revisiting old work anyway, better make more new stuff with the lessons learned.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #15
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

It looks surprisingly good in game, which is exactly what we want. So I'm pleased with the result.

On to the next one I suppose.