wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #226
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

I've recently lost my life, that's why I'm helping Pyro =

And I'm working on my project, I ripoff ideas from the requests here while I'm making them, how evol mwuhahahaha!!!!1111onehundredeleven111.111!!!!!

I'll take pyritie's request.. Again =

Btw pyritie, I forgot to do this before. Do you want the spell to be in GUI/JASS/vJass. If you don't say anything I'll make it in vJass.

Last edited by Malf : 11-12-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #227
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

The missing-life club.

Sorry I haven't done any requests recently... I've been working on part of the lighting system for the Apocalypse campaign.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #228
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I'd like to cancel my previous request because I don't really need it anymore... and I think it'd be convenient to help free up the queue a little...

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #229
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

You sure? It's not impossible.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #230
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Well... Ok, I'm gonna do it. I'll volunteer to help make spells. However, be forewarned, my JASS is terrible. So it'll need to be checked 8 or 193 times before it can be released... But I think this would be a good learning challenge for me, so... Spells-ahoy!

And I won't be doing any of the current ones... Except maybe mine.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #231
Tiku
User

Submissions (1)

Tiku is on a distinguished road (22)

Nice, 20 Spells done :D congratulations!!
Haha so i see, it's not just pyrogasm making spells now... Maybe you guys should make a team, and ask for a forum thread for spell requests... lol
heh but yeah gj guys :D
Imagine... You are playing a map in which you have no idea what to do, with no documentation or tips in the map whatsoever. No, not even the 7 others playing the map can figure out what the hell the point is supposed to be. You wonder what sadistic mind trick the map author is trying to impose on you. Suddenly, the only person who remotely understands the map (the mapmaker himself) sends swarms of high-level stuff at your base and heroes, completely crushing you. This sadistic onslaught on your units and, more importantly, your brain, begins to make you question your sanity and makes you quickly put all of the sharp objects in close proximity to you under lock and key. During this one-sided fight, the mapmaker continues to exclaim, "Dis shit is teh dope man!" You leave the game in defeat, wondering why life was so cruel as to waste 8 minutes of your life in such a mind-rottenly disgusting manner...
Tiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #232
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

I'm currently working on Lightning Grapple... And it's the hardest spell I've ever done. XD
Spells I've Made

Old 11-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #233
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malf
I'll take pyritie's request.. Again =

Btw pyritie, I forgot to do this before. Do you want the spell to be in GUI/JASS/vJass. If you don't say anything I'll make it in vJass.
I wish my name was capitalized...

Whichever is fine, as long as it's easy to transfer over and configure.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:43 AM   #234
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

vJASS will be the easiest to transfer over and configure.
And your name's not capitalized because, well, it's not. :D

darkwulfv, if you want to help out with something, go ahead and say what you want to do first. I'll let you do stuff because I trust you :P

Maybe a subforum would be cool if this gets big enough, but I don't think there's really a need for it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 AM   #235
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

Well, I'm doing Lightning Grapple, and if the function you just handed me works like I want it to, then I should be able to do the spell all right.
Spells I've Made

Old 11-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #236
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Maybe a subforum would be cool if this gets big enough, but I don't think there's really a need for it.

4000+ thread views in the Scripts and Triggers forum is huuuge uber huxx! Most threads die in a day.

Oh and I'll continue pyritie's request. I lost some time last night but it was almost finished.

And welcome aboard to the missing-life club darkwulfv! shoop da whoop!!

Last edited by Malf : 11-13-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #237
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
You sure? It's not impossible.
Well, I don't really need it, so that's why I'm saying I don't think it's necessary for you to spend your time on it.

You CAN do it if you really want to, but... just do it when there's very few tasks left or something.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #238
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

QQ for the pew pew.

Done with pyritie's spell.

FlashFire:
Zoom (requires log in)
Flash Fire
Ignites the target unit in flames, dealing initial damage and 10 damage per second for up to 10 seconds. After the duration/the target dies, there is a 75% chance that it will bounce to a random nearby enemy unit, igniting it and repeating the whole process. Stops bouncing if there is no nearby target/the maximum number of bounces is reached/the chance to bounce fails.

Level 1 - Deals 50 initial damage.
Level 2 - Deals 75 initial damage.
Level 3 - Deals 100 initial damage.
Level 4 - Deals 125 initial damage.
Level 5 - Deals 150 initial damage.
pyritie
Flash Fire.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip FlashFire.zip (59.4 KB, 195 views)
Old 11-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #239
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malf
And welcome aboard to the missing-life club darkwulfv!
Ah, sadly I have a shred of a life remaining, so the spells I do won't roll in as fast... And I still have a lot to learn. Hell, I haven't even started the lightning portion of Lightning Grapple. I'm still trying to get all the units! XD
Spells I've Made

Last edited by darkwulfv : 11-13-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #240
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Sorry my internet died and I couldn't explain how to do it last night... Here's what you'll need to use:
Collapse JASS:
local real UX = GetUnitX(Caster)
local real UY = GetUnitY(Caster)
local location L = GetSpellTargetLoc()
local real TX = GetLocationX(L)
local real TY = GetLocationY(L)
local real Angle = AngleBetweenPointsXY(UX, UY, TX, TY) //This function can be found on wc3jass.com

local real X1 = UX+Width*Cos(Angle+1.570796)
local real Y1 = UY+Width*Sin(Angle+1.570796)
local real X2 = TX+Width*Cos(Angle+1.570796)
local real Y2 = TY+Width*Sin(Angle+1.570796)

local real X3 = TX+Width*Cos(Angle-1.570796)
local real Y3 = TY+Width*Sin(Angle-1.570796)
local real X4 = UX+Width*Cos(Angle-1.570796)
local real Y4 = UY+Width*Sin(Angle-1.570796)

local group AffectedUnits = CreateGroup()

call GroupEnumUnitsInQuad(AffectedUnits, X1, Y1, X2, Y2, X3, Y3, X4, Y4, Condition(function YourFilter)) //Removed those other arguments, remember?

Quote:
Quote: