wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #196
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Argh, did you really need to use ABC here? I was hoping that spell could be done with as few extra systems as possible, and I didn't see ABC being one of them. (Doesn't that use a unit's custom value? Maybe I'm confusing it with something else, but if it does, I can't use this particular version of the spell, since I already have a need for the custom value of units.)

Otherwise, it looks good. I don't know enough complicated JASS to know why the units are being sucked into an infinite void, though. Perhaps it's your Sparta call?
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

Last edited by darkwulfv : 11-09-2007 at 11:22 AM.
darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #197
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

There was a choice, ABC or gamecache. Since I was already using vJass, why not go for moar speed, so I chose ABC since it was nice, clean and safe. It doesn't use custom value, since you are not allowed to attach structs to units. It attaches structs to triggers, timers and dialogs.

I am also thinking of just using an auxiliar knockback system, since I've just found out that it screws up at the timeframe between the explosion and the knockback callbacks.

But I'm going to fix it first, it's not impossible anyways. the knockback system will be my last resort.

SUPREME EDIT OF TEH DEATH

Table:
Black Hole
The Hero tears a rip in the fabric of space, creating a black hole that sucks nearby enemy units and consumes those who stray too near. After X seconds, the black hole collapses and explodes, dealing Y damage in a Z AOE radius. Units who got consumed by the black hole will also take damage and be thrown out of the void it was sucked into.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Black Hole.w3x (81.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Malf : 11-09-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #198
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Huzzahdoublepostbumplol

I've fixed the problem, and it seems to be because of some wierd stuff with GroupAddGroup.. I think. I've replaced the loop with a forgroup call and it worked, now the only thing left to fix is the knockback, hurray =

SUPREME EDIT OF TEH DEATH

I EDITED THE WRONG POST AND ATTACHED THE MAP TO MY OTHER POST LOLOL!

Anyway, it's working fine now, after 8-10 runs through testing.

Last edited by Malf : 11-09-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:30 AM   #199
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Yeah... uhhh... Some of those constants globals should be constant functions so that the level of the spell can be factored into them. These in particular:
  • Radius
  • Distance
  • Expiration
  • Speed
  • Explosion Damage
  • Explosion Radius
  • Knockback Speed

And Darkwulfv, the options really are CSCache, ABC, or some form of attachment like grim001's thingey with global arrays.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:42 AM   #200
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Lolsrsly?

I didn't know this spell would require those kinds of things. Weird. Oh well, thanks for the spell. When it's completely done (everything is perfect, basically), Have Pyro add it to the table.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:55 AM   #201
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Were you expecting me to use global arrays? :P

I would've used CSCache.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #202
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Voila!

Oh, and I've included the demomap for Ignitedstar's request, I forgot to add the ability to the hero the last time
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Black Hole.w3x (81.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: w3x Battle Aura.w3x (41.0 KB, 62 views)
Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 AM   #203
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

I've tested it and... Excellent. It doesn't have aesthetics, but I can do that myself.

Oh boy, I really have to remember that expiration timers are a godsend (I will use them in the future).

I may have another request, but some other time. You guys are too busy at the moment. I can see that for sure.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #204
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

I'm not too busy :D

But if you will request something like botanic's which is quite complicated, then I'd gladly refuse =

And I believe the dl count doesn't work @_@

Last edited by Malf : 11-10-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #205
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Yeah um... why does it say 0 downloads on Malf's black hole spell? Some people have downloaded it, I'm sure...

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #206
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

The black hole sucks the dl count as well. I've hard coded it to do so =
Old 11-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #207
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Okay here's my other request, posting it here anyway.

Fear - AoE (no damage) where enemy units run away from the caster in fear for X seconds.

Level 1 - 5 seconds
Level 2 - 10 seconds
Level 5 - 25 seconds

If you've played WoW it's like the warlock's fear spell.

You can use whatever icon, I don't mind. But if you want you can just use the banshee's possession spell.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #208
Dg!Mortal
User

Dg!Mortal has little to show at this moment (0)

I saw you'r fireball spell it is the best of spells here. Can you tell me how you have detected collision in this spell?
Dg!Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #209
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Why not just download it and open it in the World Editor...?

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #210
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Here's the entire spell code, the collision is in the highlighted parts:
Expand JASS:

Edit: I'll be updating the list of spells on the front page in a bit. I've got to install Leopard on my computer right now.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 11-10-2007 at 11:20 PM.