wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Concept Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 AM   #1
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Default Colourful... Something

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Just toying with Paint.NET and i came up with this

--guh bloody dial up takes ages to upload
Attached Images
File Type: png Some Sorta Image.png (1.16 MB, 116 views)

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
JetFangInferno
I Break Chopsticks

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (71)

JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)

hippy-ness!!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

I totally hate these kind of things. Because it was made entirely by the computer, not by you. But if you like it...ok then.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
I totally hate these kind of things. Because it was made entirely by the computer, not by you. But if you like it...ok then.
Whats wrong with stuff entirely made by the comp

Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Old 11-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

you can't take credit for them, they lack passion, they lack work, they lack everything.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
JetFangInferno
I Break Chopsticks

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (71)

JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)JetFangInferno is a glorious beacon of light (473)

well it kind of takes passion and imagination to make the work into art even though it was made by a computer.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:00 AM   #7
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)

Listen to a computer-generated song (samples) and then listen to a live orchestra. Which one makes you think and feel the song and which one is just music?

This is what TDR is getting at. Without actually doing the work yourself, it is impossible to put your feelings into a piece of art, be it music or images.

That being said, it looks cool, but not amazing.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
Infrisios
User

Infrisios is on a distinguished road (12)

Well, if you say that computer art is no real art/takes not much work/whatever:
Where is the border?

Famous artists throw a scruffy pizza on the ground and call it art.
Of course it is not handpainted, but this does not make the picture worse - only less impressive maybe.
Computer-created art can also be quite cool, it has, in most cases, less work, but despite that it can be done within minutes it requires both skill, creativity and passion.

Imo it is the outcome that should count.

@ Picture:
Drugs....:D
Infrisios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:37 AM   #9
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

hmm... didnt expect a debate about the difference between a computer generated image and a normal image but, meh. Anyway does it look better like this(the original):Zoom (requires log in)
or this(remade...kinda):Zoom (requires log in)

--again, i complain about dialup
Attached Images
File Type: png Some Sorta Image2.png (1.23 MB, 15 views)

Last edited by The Elite : 11-11-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
Game_Slave
A slave to games

Submissions (22)

Game_Slave will become famous soon enough (55)Game_Slave will become famous soon enough (55)

Send a message via AIM to Game_Slave Send a message via MSN to Game_Slave

looks like you laid another effect over that.. anyways.. regarding ammorth's analogy between computer generated music and a live orchestra: to me, the computer generated stuff is MUCH more atmospheric when done right because you perfect it, flawlessly emulating the feeling you'd like to portray.. electronica is my favorite music genre ^.^ - i'm not saying that in defense of the elite though, just in defense of amazing electronica music.. the only pretty part of elite's art are the outside edges.. which immedietly fade into ugly feedback

edit: i didn't read over anything i typed, i was just trying to get it all down.
forgive me if i phailed miserably at expressing my opinion

Last edited by Game_Slave : 11-14-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Game_Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Lol fractal.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote