wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2007, 07:10 AM   #166
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I've finished Arcane's spell and now I get to work on botanic's. Joy...
Spell:
Spike trapSet an invisible Spike Trap at target location. Once activated, it becomes visible for 1 second before viciously impaling units nearby over 3 seconds.

Level 1 - Spikes deal 60 damage per second.
Level 2 - Spikes deal 90 damage per second.
Level 3 - Spikes deal 120 damage per second.

Only 3 traps may be out at once, and each trap must be 200 distance away from each other.
ArcaneSpike Trap.zip
I forgot to mention in the implementation file that this spell uses a version of the Impale model edited by Werewulf for the Spike Trap itself. That model can be found in the Imports pane.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 10-30-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 AM   #167
Arcane
User

Arcane has little to show at this moment (4)

Brilliant, but the actual activation was kind of anti climatic... would it be possible to make more spikes pop up?

The model of the trap is pretty hard to see too, I meant to use trueshot aura or something like that, but THAT, at least, I can change myself.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #168
Uareanoob
User

Uareanoob has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Uareanoob Send a message via MSN to Uareanoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
I've finished Arcane's spell and now I get to work on botanic's. Joy...
Spell:
Spike trapSet an invisible Spike Trap at target location. Once activated, it becomes visible for 1 second before viciously impaling units nearby over 3 seconds.

Only 3 traps may be out at once, and each trap must be 200 distance away from each other.
Arcane[cSpike Trap.zip
I forgot to mention in the implementation file that this spell uses a version of the Impale model edited by Werewulf for the Spike Trap itself. That model can be found in the Imports pane.
It's bugged. if you die with 3 traps then you can't do any thing.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 10-30-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Uareanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #169
BestZero
User

BestZero is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via MSN to BestZero

huh sound good.

I want to make Ability that grants range when leveled. but I have no idea how to make without using Upgrade so can you make it ?

It is ok if in JASS I just learned. I don't care about tooltips or other such things I just wanna know how to make it without upgrading.
BestZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #170
burningice95
User

burningice95 has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via AIM to burningice95 Send a message via MSN to burningice95 Send a message via Yahoo to burningice95

When are you gonna do that fire panda spell >_<
Old 10-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #171
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestZero
I want to make Ability that grants range when leveled. but I have no idea how to make without using Upgrade so can you make it ?

It is ok if in JASS I just learned. I don't care about tooltips or other such things I just wanna know how to make it without upgrading.
I'm almost 100% sure that's impossible without upgrades.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #172
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

There's a very simple solution to that problem, BestZero; here's how you do it:
  • In the object editor, set the unit with the ability's attack range to an unimaginably large number (99999).
  • Set that same unit's default acquisition range to whatever the unit's default attack range should be.
  • When a unit learns/levels up the ability, simply do the following:
    Trigger:
    Unit - Set (Triggering unit) acquisition range to ((Current acquisition range of (Triggering unit)) + 150.00)
    Where the 150.00 is how much it should increase for each level.
If you try and can't figure it out, I'll whip up the spell in a bit for you.

As to that bug you found, Uaranoob, I'll fix it right away. I forgot to make the trigger that's supposed to fix that work.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:05 AM   #173
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

Wierd, I never thought that would work O.o

Wouldn't that have chances to bug up though? It seems really risky.
Spells I've Made

Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 AM   #174
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Only if you have other triggers that set the acquisition range of units and don't take into account the unit's current acquisition range.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #175
BestZero
User

BestZero is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via MSN to BestZero

To Pyrogasm

I ever tried it and won't work. If you can make it and work send me the map.
BestZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #176
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Ok; I fixed that bug with Spike Trap and made it a lot more epic and pokey for you, Arcane.
Fixed Spell:

ArcaneSpike Trap.zip

I'll whip up a demo right now, BestZero.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Spike Trap.zip (115.0 KB, 240 views)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2007, 08:26 AM   #177
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Well I don't know what the problem is... but it doesn't work for me anymore. Earth-Fury has told me it should and I've found multiple posts saying it should... but it doesn't.

The acquisition range changed allright but it doesn't modify the units' attack ranges. If anyone wants to test, go ahead:

Freaking Long Range Test

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #178
Arcane
User

Arcane has little to show at this moment (4)

Spikes really shouldn't come up during the reveal time, but otherwise it's ok I guess, at least there's nothing wrong that somebody like me can't fix - except now that I actually see it in action, it doesn't look quite as cool as I imagined. xP

Maybe some other graphic would work better...
Old 10-31-2007, 02:33 AM
Mystic Prophet
This message has been deleted by Mystic Prophet.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #179
botanic
User

Submissions (2)

botanic will become famous soon enough (41)botanic will become famous soon enough (41)

Send a message via AIM to botanic

How about an unit attacks and distance between units > max range order unit to move to unit?

then have a .03 timer (or w/e) that does a while unit is moving if unit attack range >= distance then order unit to attack.

Would have to make shure to stop the loop tho ^.^

PS: Acquisition range is like auto attack not click attack so it will work for NPC's just not players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by botanic
I think we established that

Last edited by botanic : 11-06-2007 at 01:19 AM.
botanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #180
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

Hey, I be requestin' another spell that came to me alla' sudden. Thought it'd be really cool.

Lightning Grapple-Shot
A spinning wire smashes through a unit, holding them still. The wire continues to drill in a straight line, snagging any units in it's way, holding all of them still. After 4 seconds, a blast of lightning rips through the wire, damaging any units connected to the wire and any that may be touching it (for less).

JASS, any levels... Take your pick at art and all that. Don't need it anytime, anyplace, so stick it with the Black Hole spell. Just another one of those "I wonder..." Spells.

(Oh noes, I broke the rule not to request more than 1 spell at once! I r nub.)
Spells I've Made

Last edited by darkwulfv : 11-06-2007 at 01:30 AM.