wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #151
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

thank you very much Pyro!!! what modifications did you decide on?

ill dl it latter once Telstra decides to buy a cammel (metaphorically)
Old 10-20-2007, 04:38 AM   #152
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Well, you'll have to use units for the "trees", Gorman. Oh, and get someone with WEU to export the tree model(s) you want to use.

If you want to make the units still have collision but be unselectable, I would try giving them a negative selection scale. It might just do the trick.

I've added you to the list, Tide-Arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PskyieKILLA
Not to be pushy, but how close are you to finishing my spell?
It should be done within a half-hour. I just modified the JESP DoT Template spell a bit to include a buff among other things.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:48 AM   #153
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Ah thanks. Also, I should've added this to the errata, when I somewhat said "slide forward" it meant not only adding the speed, but it would slide forward whilst not doing anything.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:26 AM   #154
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Done. In a bit more than 30 minutes...
The Spell:
Purged SoulBurns a percentage of target unit's maximum health and mana over 10 seconds.

Level 1 - 10% of each burned over time.
Level 2 - 20% of each burned over time.
Level 3 - 30% of each burned over time.
Level 4 - 40% of each burned over time.
Level 5 - 50% of each burned over time.
PsykieKILLAPurged Soul.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Purged Soul.zip (139.2 KB, 168 views)
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #155
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

You should put these all into a pack and submit that to the resource database

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:01 AM   #156
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Too bad some of them are not MUI.

If I get a few that I like in GUI to put with Singularity I'll submit that. I guess Healing Circle wouldn't be too bad of one...

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 10-20-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #157
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

If you're going to submit them, please do it one by one, not all at the same time XD
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:10 PM   #158
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

I would do maybe 2 or 3 good ones at a time.

I'm not insane enough to try to submit 8 spells at once.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #159
Switch33
User

Switch33 is on a distinguished road (13)

Quote:
Why the hell do you even think I would still need this? Gosh this is ancient.

Name: Cat's Cradle (If you can think of a better name go for it heh)
Levels: 5
What it should do:
Fire(or throw in the direction forward the unit is facing) a string like effect that hits the first unit or destructible it comes into contact with attaching to it and wraps around it ( or in other words goes around in circle around the unit or destructble (wraps turning the string of effects to the left of the target), losing length of how much the line of effects had in the beginning for each rotation.)

The string of effects pushes all units against it, and deals damage. The string should wrap around itself as well if long enough. Does not require channeling. The effect should dissappear or dissipitate after a few seconds.

Specs:
Any Icon you want.
Tooltip: Throws a magic constricting rope that pulls units inwardly wrapping them together upon hitting the first target and damaging them the more they fight back.
JASS plz
MUI plz

Things i want to be changeable if possible:

The type of model effect making up the line.
The starting length of the string(number of effects)
The length of the string reduced each time it circles the unit.
The damage each time an effect hits the units.

Last edited by Switch33 : 08-19-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Switch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 PM   #160
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Hmmm... I think I got it, but I have a few questions:

How exactly would it wrap around multiple units if it's supposed to circle a specific unit? Would you rather the string was made of a whole bunch of special effects, or with a lightning effect?

By this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch33
The string of effects pushes all units against it, and deals damage. The string should wrap around itself as well if long enough.
Do you mean that it constricts the units? Deals damage per second to all units touching it? What? And what do you mean by "it should wrap around itself"?

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 10-21-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:21 AM   #161
Switch33
User

Switch33 is on a distinguished road (13)

Hmm, forget that it should wrap around itself part. (That was sorta contradicting myself there.) Making the spell out of a lighting effect might be harder but it would look more fluid i guess(what ever one seems easier is fine).

As what i meant for the damage part, i meant when any enemy unit comes into contact with the effect line should get pushed away and damaged except for the unit its wrapping around of course(i mean he shouldn't be pushed, but he should be damaged).

I think a better explanation is that when wrapping around the target it attaches the "Back of the effect line" first and then starts to rotate around it wrapping parts of it around the unit. So when it rotates around the unit it has less and less rope that is wrapping around the unit. This also explains how another unit can kind of get wrapped in it.

Last edited by Switch33 : 10-22-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Switch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #162
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Sounds like a strange version of the Pudge hook... just on discussion about Psychie's spell... after three seconds, shouldn't it theoretically kill the unit unless it's regeneration is greater than half the maximum hit points?

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #163
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

No... it drains 50% health/mana over 10 seconds. Therefore, it would take exactly 2 casts (20 seconds) to kill the unit if it had no regeneration, and possibly a third if it regenerated enough.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2007, 03:51 AM   #164
Nubcookie
User

Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)Nubcookie will become famous soon enough (34)

Send a message via AIM to Nubcookie
Thumbs up

Damn, dude. That's quite the list of spells.
Windows is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Roflcopter_Down presents:
Archers: CTF - v0.99b
The Island [new!]
Nubcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #165
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Gave me a scare there, Nubcookie... I thought you were coming back to request another spell :P

Quote:
Quote: