wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-25-2007, 02:20 AM   #136
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Dooblivion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Rules
If you want to request a spell, please reply to this thread with the following (Do not send me a PM!):
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #137
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Sure, Malf, I'll add you to the list.

And no, I'm not insane; there really is a guy named Malf who just posted but can't be seen because he's on the coventry due to his being a new user.
Actually, I see him too.

Here's a spell I would like to be made, following your thread guidelines:

Name: Flames of Hell (or whatever)
Levels: 4
Action: Targets a point in which flame strikes surround the point (like in a circle) and slowly move (or like create other ones) toward the center / target point. While that happens, if able, rain of fires drop too.
Tooltip: Make one up :D
Type: JASS so I can try to learn off it pelase
MUI: If possible, yes please
Icon: A flame circle or anything that you can get
Additional: Channeling, levels should increase damage / AOE etc.

Thanks for all the help :)
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #138
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Alright, I have a request. I think it is quite simple, but...

Name: Battle Aura
Levels: 1
Spell Description: Bestows the user with an aura that raises attack speed. This is a channeling spell. When the user cancels channeling, the aura will resume in the user's position(that is, it will not longer follow the user, it will stay on the surface), lasting for 30 seconds. Note that the 30 second duration activates only when the user stops channeling.
Tooltip: Whatever you wish
Availability: I'd prefer GUI, but if JASS is needed, be my guest
MUI: Not necessary.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 09-26-2007 at 05:01 AM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:21 AM   #139
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Awright. Thread locked again.

You guys make me work, damnit.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #140
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

After nearly a month... Tiku's spell:
Spells:
IconNameTooltipRequesterDownload
FireballLaunches a fireball at target point. This fireball will travel a short distance before expiring; should it contact any units in its path before doing so, the fireball will explode dealing damage to and stunning the contacted unit.

Level 1 - Deals 200 damage, stuns for 1 second.
Level 2 - Deals 350 damage, stuns for 1.5 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 500 damage, stuns for 2 seconds
TikuFireball.zip

Searing Flame PainCreates 5 illusions of the firemage around target unit. These illusions connect each other with lines of magical energy that stop all units, friend or foe, from entering or leaving the area and will damage units as long as they touch them.

Level 1 - 20 damage per second, lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - 40 damage per second, lasts 20 seconds.
Level 3 - 60 damage per second, lasts 30 seconds.
The_EliteSearing Flame Pain.zip

Thread not re-opened yet because I have one more that is nearly done and should be finished tonight. After Gorman's spell is posted, I'll reopen it.

Edit: Whoo! Finished The_Elite's request.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fireball.zip (139.3 KB, 211 views)
File Type: zip Searing Flame Pain.zip (150.4 KB, 124 views)

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 10-17-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #141
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Gorman's is done and the thread is once again open.
Spell:
IconNameTooltipRequesterDownload
Forest WalkMoves target tree, all surrounding trees, all trees surrounding those trees, etc., forward while channeling. The radius of each ring of affected trees decreases with each new ring.

Level 1 - Channels for up to 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Channels for up to 5 seconds.
Level 3 - Channels for up to 7 seconds.
GormanForest Walk.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Forest Walk.zip (67.9 KB, 134 views)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #142
Castlemaster
User

Castlemaster will become famous soon enough (29)

I don't have a request, but you should compile the spells you have done so far. Some of these are just fantastic.
EDIT: I just scrolled to your very first post. Three cheers for competence.

Last edited by Castlemaster : 10-18-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Castlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #143
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

:D Nobody reads the first page, I can tell.

Edit: tamisrah has brought to my attention a weird bug with Forest Walk that I will try to figure out when I get home:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamisrah
I found a strange issue with your Forest Walk ability: If you cast the spell, cancel it and then cast it from a diffrent angle on the same trees they move at random but they'll always return to the position where they were at the last cast.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 10-18-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:32 PM   #144
botanic
User

Submissions (2)

botanic will become famous soon enough (41)botanic will become famous soon enough (41)

Send a message via AIM to botanic

Just wondering was mine decided to be too insane? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by botanic
I think we established that
botanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:01 AM   #145
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

No.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #146
Pryme
User

Pryme has little to show at this moment (0)

Name: Frost Burn
Levels: 3
What the spell should do: It should slow and damage enemy units around it(like Immolation but for ice).
The tooltip of the spell: You can do it.
GUI or JASS
If you want put it in MUI
Pryme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:32 AM   #147
TaintedReality
User!

TaintedReality is a jewel in the rough (159)TaintedReality is a jewel in the rough (159)

AI Tournament #2 - 1st Place

Send a message via MSN to TaintedReality

Quote:
Name: Frost Burn
Levels: 3
What the spell should do: It should slow and damage enemy units around it(like Immolation but for ice).
The tooltip of the spell: You can do it.
GUI or JASS
If you want put it in MUI

Base it off immolation, when the hero activates immolation add a custom Endurance Aura with negative speed boost, when the hero deactivates remove the aura.
TaintedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:49 AM   #148
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

It's so simple that I might as well make it for you:
The Spell:
Frost BurnEncases the hero in ice, causing damage to and slowing nearby enemy land units.
Drains mana until deactivated.

Level 1 - 10 damage per second, slows by 15%
Level 2 - 15 damage per second, slows by 25%.
Level 3 - 20 damage per second, slows by 35%.
PrymeFrost Burn.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frost Burn.zip (97.9 KB, 98 views)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #149
PsykieKILLA
User

Submissions (2)

PsykieKILLA has little to show at this moment (4)

Not to be pushy, but how close are you to finishing my spell?

BTW, I like that Fireball spell a lot.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #150
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Okay, this time I want something in JASS! It may be an ohnoes thing for me, but I'm willing to do something to move from GUI to JASS!

Ghostly Movement (Activatable)
While active, the unit will slide forwards slowly and will slowly build up extra speed as it moves, but quickly lose speed if it makes sharp turns. If deactivated and the unit is still moving at a fast rate, it will be stunned for 1 second.
Drains mana while in use. Should not allow movement through other objects but should allow movement through other units.

Level 1 - Minor bonus, speed builds up slowly
Level 2 - Moderate bonus, speed builds up slowly
Level 3 - High bonus, speed builds up moderately

Please use SetUnitX/Y for the movement.

EDIT!
Aesthetics:
Icon - Uh... Ghost (either one) I guess.
Special effects - The caster should have a wispy barrier around him or some particles to give him a ghostly essence, and he should have some similar coloured particles being made by his movement.

Preferably, attach Dragonhawk missiles to the overhead and origin, while making little trails of Avatar of Vengeance missile behind him (just the death animation, so kill it straight afterwards).

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.

Last edited by Tide-Arc Ephemera : 10-19-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote