wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-02-2007, 02:22 AM   #91
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

But then they would be selectable as units. I guess if you gave them a negative selection scale or something.

I shall think about it.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-02-2007, 03:34 AM   #92
PsykieKILLA
User

Submissions (2)

PsykieKILLA has little to show at this moment (4)

Before I get down to the spell, I would just like to thank you for doing this for everyone. If you where able to create the following spell, it will make my map all the better, thank you.

* Clairvoyance
* The spell should be an aura that can be activated and deactivated at will. Whilst activated, it saps mana like mana shield. The effect of the aura should slow enemies attack speed on a scale I will tell you after and speed allies attack speed by the same scale.
lvl 1 - 10%
lvl 2 - 20%
lvl 3 - 30%
lvl 4 - 40%
lvl 5 - 50%
All creatures immune to magic should be exempt from this ability, even allies. Just use the AOE of the Brilliance aura.
* You can just make one that fits well with the spell if you like.
* Which even lets you make it better/easier, I don't mind.
* Again, I don't mind.

Also, I would like it if you were able to use Mc !'s time aura, although shrink it down a tad so it looks normal if possible. The Icon can be anything that you think fits with time.

PS: This is going to be used on a Psychic character whose model is the Emissary, if that helps with scaling.

PPS: I know you are busy and have a large waiting list so I am not to fussy about the time you will need to take... so in other words, take your time.

Thank you.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:50 AM   #93
Dil999
CUSTOM USER TITLE!!!!!!!!

Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)

Send a message via AIM to Dil999 Send a message via MSN to Dil999 Send a message via Yahoo to Dil999

Your spell is simple, killa. Just make a spellbook, and inside it put endurance aura with the stats you wants for allies, and set targets to allies. Then, put another endurance aura with the stats you want for enemies, and make it target enemies. Detect whenever a unit is issued the order 'immolation' and add the spellbook and set the level of both the abilities in it to the level of the casted spell. Detect whenever a unit is issued the order 'unimmolation' and then take away the spellbook.
Then he died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind.
Dil999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:44 AM   #94
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

The problem arises when trying to detect when a unit runs out of mana and is forced to un-activate immolation.

There's no order issued.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:58 AM   #95
PsykieKILLA
User

Submissions (2)

So is it possible for me to make myself? Or would you be making it?

If I can, thats cool.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:15 AM   #96
Dil999
CUSTOM USER TITLE!!!!!!!!

Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)Dil999 has a spectacular aura about (82)

Send a message via AIM to Dil999 Send a message via MSN to Dil999 Send a message via Yahoo to Dil999

Pyro: Just have a periodic timer running every second or so, checking if it has enough mana.
Then he died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind.
Dil999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #97
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

I know; that's what I'm going to do.

The only problem is the TimeAura.mdx being so fucking huge. I think I'll just leave that for you to deal with, PsykieKILLA.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #98
PsykieKILLA
User

Submissions (2)

Haha, yeah. I talked to Mc ! about making it smaller, but he hasnt replied to me yet, and that was over a week ago, so don't think he will be.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #99
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

I can make it smaller by using a scaled-down dummy unit with the model that I will continually move to the position of the casting unit, or I can just leave it with the huge model as an attachment for the aura.

Your choice.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #100
PsykieKILLA
User

Submissions (2)

Hmm, I dont mind if it is the first one. It wont cause leaks or to many leaks will it?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #101
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

No leaks. The only complication with the spell is not affecting Magic Immunes. I did the best I could and said another way to do it in a trigger comment in the map.
Clairvoyance:
ClairvoyanceWhile active, the hero slows down all nearby non magic-immune enemies' attacks and speeds up all nearby non magic-immune allies' attacks.

Drains mana until deactivated.

Level 1 - Slows enemes and speeds up allies by 10%.
Level 2 - Slows enemes and speeds up allies by 20%
Level 3 - Slows enemes and speeds up allies by 30%
Level 4 - Slows enemes and speeds up allies by 40%
Level 5 - Slows enemes and speeds up allies by 50%.
Clairvoyance.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Clairvoyance.zip (116.1 KB, 205 views)

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 09-02-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:47 PM   #102
Tiku
User

Submissions (1)

Tiku is on a distinguished road (22)

Umm i have a spell if its okay with you,

can you make a missle spell, which is sorta like shockwave, but stops when it hits someone, so basically i goes ina straight line, then after like 800 distance of movement it'll disapear, but if it hits someone before that, it'll explode and stun the unit it hits
if you do can you use these stats please :D

Level 1 - 200 damage, 1 sec stun
Level 2 - 350 damage, 1.5 sec stun
Level 3 - 500 damage, 2 sec stun

and thats about it :D thanks in advance :)
oh and can you do it in JASS if possible?
if not i understand :D
Imagine... You are playing a map in which you have no idea what to do, with no documentation or tips in the map whatsoever. No, not even the 7 others playing the map can figure out what the hell the point is supposed to be. You wonder what sadistic mind trick the map author is trying to impose on you. Suddenly, the only person who remotely understands the map (the mapmaker himself) sends swarms of high-level stuff at your base and heroes, completely crushing you. This sadistic onslaught on your units and, more importantly, your brain, begins to make you question your sanity and makes you quickly put all of the sharp objects in close proximity to you under lock and key. During this one-sided fight, the mapmaker continues to exclaim, "Dis shit is teh dope man!" You leave the game in defeat, wondering why life was so cruel as to waste 8 minutes of your life in such a mind-rottenly disgusting manner...

Last edited by Tiku : 09-02-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Tiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #103
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Sure, Tiku, I'll add your spell to the list.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #104
PsykieKILLA
User

Submissions (2)

Haha, thank you so much!

Again, I just want to tell you, you are amazing for making these spells for us.

Thank you.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #105
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Sure.

I only made it because you have good grammar and properly punctuated posts.

Really.

Quote:
Quote: