wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #76
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Thread reopened but I'm starting school again in 4 days and I've still got summer assignments to do.

Don't expect any miraculous chains of spells at the moment.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #77
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Done with Pyritie's spell: Cloud.

Cloud:
CloudBlankets target area in a confounding fog. All units inside the fog will attack nearby units at random, regardless whether they are friend or foe.

Lasts 15 seconds.
Cloud.zip

Edit: Gorman, I have a question about your spell. Should the trees constantly move, or should they only move the appropriate distance after the caster has finished channeling?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cloud.zip (108.4 KB, 225 views)
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 08-25-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:01 PM   #78
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Yay thank you! You get in big credits much! ^.=.^
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #79
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Sorry if it's a pain-in-the ass to modify... I should've used some globals for configuration.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #80
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Searing Flame Pain
Creates 5 illusions of the firemage(base unit bloodmage) around the targeted unit. They connect each other with lines of magical energy that stop all units (friend or foe) from entering the area or from leaving and will damage the unit for as long as they touch it for 20/40/60 damage per second. Lasts 10/20/30 seconds
I don't know about the icon but maybe Spirit Link?
Made in jass but please add some comments telling me what it does throughout the code. MUI please, if possible without major modifications

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #81
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Sorry if it's a pain-in-the ass to modify... I should've used some globals for configuration.
Well if I get any problems I'll give you a shout.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:34 AM   #82
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Elite
Searing Flame Pain
Creates 5 illusions of the firemage(base unit bloodmage) around the targeted unit. They connect each other with lines of magical energy that stop all units (friend or foe) from entering the area or from leaving and will damage the unit for as long as they touch it for 20/40/60 damage per second. Lasts 10/20/30 seconds
I don't know about the icon but maybe Spirit Link?
Made in jass but please add some comments telling me what it does throughout the code. MUI please, if possible without major modifications

Sounds identical to this spell, by Pipedream. Maybe you can use that instead?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-28-2007, 07:18 AM   #83
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

no, that's not what i want, for a start it constrics which is not what i want, i want it to stay mobile, i want 5 images of the bloodmage to create a pentagon (not a 5 sided star) with a magic band around a single targeted unit trapping it inside. All the while if any other unit touchs the energy beem surrounding the unit they get injured. I need it exactly like that because it is in a cinematic as well as normal battle in the same map.

Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Old 08-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #84
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

They should slowly creep forward as he channels,

ty pyro
Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #85
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Can I modify Pipedream's spell, then?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #86
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

Quote:
Can I modify Pipedream's spell, then?
yep, and change the lightning colour to red please
and explain what some of the lines of code do please

Last edited by The Elite : 08-28-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:29 AM   #87
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Sorry to tell you, gorman, but your spell is impossible. Here's why: there is no way to move a destructible. You can't even remove the old one and create a new one at the new location because you need to know the scale of the previous one.

The only way to do it would be to create all the trees on map init and then save their scale there (you'd use a variable for the scale) using GameCache or structs. Basically a total-map thing.

I'll add your spell to the list, The_Elite.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #88
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, a spammer and/or both, but (at the front page) the a in my name is not hyper linked, and the link leads here:

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showpost...0&postcount=62

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #89
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

That's weird... In the thread I see Fulla's post (the one you linked) as post number 61 and yours as #62, but if you link to post #62 it brings you to Fulla's post and says it's #62. I'd imagine it's some bug because there's a deleted post that I can see which you can't or something.

At any rate, I've fixed it... I think.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-02-2007, 01:33 AM   #90
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

Quote:
Sorry to tell you, gorman, but your spell is impossible. Here's why: there is no way to move a destructible. You can't even remove the old one and create a new one at the new location because you need to know the scale of the previous one.

The only way to do it would be to create all the trees on map init and then save their scale there (you'd use a variable for the scale) using GameCache or structs. Basically a total-map thing.

I'll add your spell to the list, The_Elite.

well how bout this, all trees have the same scalling value of 100%, and what about this method: u create a dummy unit with the tree skin, give it locus ability and make it move forward untill its not being channaled, then replace it with a tree, would that work?

EDIT: that wouldnt work becuase all trees have different models/skins so it would be strange, but how about making all the trees on the map a new unit, and making their unit type 'tree' and give them no attack etc, and since in this map there are no workers u wont have to worry about them being cut down, that way u could make them hold position, and then move the apropriate amount when the spell is cast

Last edited by Gorman : 09-02-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Gorman is offline   Reply With Quote