wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
StormrageJunior
User

Submissions (1)

StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)

Default Why, it's update time. (scroll down for another update!)

The cover art for my comic project (I had posted the comic itself in another thread, a while ago)

The king of the glade. He's been waiting on his throne for ten thousand years...
This is what I had been working on during the revision week of my final highschool exams (I did okay, btw, 17.81 of average, though that won't mean much for any of you). It must have taken, mhhh, between 10 and 20 hours I guess. I didn't count precisely since it's been done in a thousand sessions.
Photoshop 7, no refs, my own brushes.

Daenerys Targaryen, Stormborn. From GRR Martin's series A Song of Ice and Fire.
She's here pictured at around age 15-16, with her young dragon Drogon on her shoulder.
The background might be the Red Waste or something. Though Dany should then be wearing Dothraki clothes. Ah, nevermind. That BG was done on Vindie's suggestion. Thanks Vindie! =)

Photoshop 7 and Painter IX, no refs.

It didnít took particularly long, significantly less time than the King of the Glade, but I had put aside for most of July and only took it up yesterday. Itís better to get rid of it now; I didnít want it to stay unfinished forever.
This painting is a double failure.
I failed at recreating Danny as I envisioned her, and upon painting my Danny died to me. Replaced by a more realistic version of my painting.
Also, I failed at making her look like a real person. She looks like a wax doll. I fail at painting people both believable and pretty. :(
But Iíll do better next time, because now Iíve understood stuff. Next time, I fear thatís around the end of 2009. Or in 2010. Or later. Well, actually mayhaps I can find a bit of time to paint next summer. Hopefully.

Also: ImagineFX feature.

Well, that'd be all. ^^

Last edited by StormrageJunior : 09-01-2007 at 03:27 PM.
StormrageJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Astonishing work man!!! Lovely!!! inspiring !!!

keep it up.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Yeah man. I love every single thing.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

the ent is the best, the light is rendered realy well
Old 08-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

btw, i think he smudges :D

I'd have to say i like that old geezer best, i love the colors in it.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 AM   #6
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

Amazing work.
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 AM   #7
Tiki
Transform and roll out!

Respected User

Submissions (11)

Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)Tiki is a jewel in the rough (244)

AI tournament - 3rd place

The sky in the first one is so sexy.

www.sc2armory.com - Join our forums and community.
Latest and most up to date information about starcraft II.
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
Candy_Warlock
Hottie

Submissions (3)

Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)Candy_Warlock is a jewel in the rough (215)

Concept art session 2 - Battledroids

The leaves on the geezer are crazy. I like those small details.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
StormrageJunior
User

Submissions (1)

StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)StormrageJunior has a spectacular aura about (89)

Haha. Thanks much guys! =)
Why yes I smudge, but you know I think almost every tool in photoshop can have its use in painting. Also, the biggest smudger I know is Linda Bergkvist. Like, look at those fingers (the green ones). ^^
And I still remember Jacinthe saying how filters could be pretty useful and that she needed to experiment more with them.
Well, I did use noise and blur filters on the portrait of Dany, as a final touch, actually.

By the way my personal fav is the creepy geezer, but people generally seem to prefer the treant for some reason.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:27 AM   #10
Kurjuus
User

Submissions (8)

Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)

hehe, odd clouds in the cover art :D

excellent stuff all of them
I only don't like the foreground leaves in the king of the glades picture. they look as if the had no volume at all all together, especially the left highlited area. You should have better made them lieing in some bigger heaps all over the place I think. Actually it's rather because they catch my attention too much that I don't like them (on top of them being the worst part of the picture) :D
But in the resolution of the mag page it just looks fine
Old 09-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
StormrageJunior
User

Submissions (1)

And a last one for the road :

Old 09-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #12
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

How the heck did you manage to get in ImagineFX?
Anyway, I don't really like the ones in the first post, but this last one is pure pwnage.

Last edited by TDR : 09-01-2007 at 03:45 PM.
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #13
Kurjuus
User

Submissions (8)

Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)

Except for the design of the hammer it's definitly more than jsut pure pwnage o0
Old 09-03-2007, 05:24 AM   #14
FatUglyNakedGuy
User

FatUglyNakedGuy is on a distinguished road (21)

the perspective on the mace is a bit iffy.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #15
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

nothing wrong with perspective, just he didnt put it in a cool angle.
But this guy is a total pwnager... JEALOUS! and he has become my new art hero. Sorry TDR :P
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote