wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #61
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

thx alot Pyro & Moyack as well.

Note thou, after dl'ing the map the triggers came out very weird and didnt seem to work ingame, but after pasting the non handle ver into the map it worked fine.
ZoomZoom

Not sure, if your still taking spell requests? I'll post another one, if thats ok.
Beguile was the ultimate for a Mesmer/Sorceress Hero, and now the ultimate for her evil counterpart the Succubus :).

Table:
Transmute

Channeling - Targets a Point
Continuously each second has a X% chance to hex each enemy, organic unit in the area. Lasts 1 second on Heroes, 3 on Units.

Each level increases X% chance & area.
SFX - The Dalaran Shield - Weather Effect, over the targeted point/area.
Standard Hex spell/effects used per unit.

Vjass/globals is preffered, but will take any format.
thx for any help.

Last edited by Fulla : 08-02-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Fulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #62
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I'd like a GUI spell...

Singularity (Mana Flare)
Causes a rip in reality at target point, pulling all units near it into the rip. All units that come into contact with the rip are dealt 150 damage and all units near this hero are pushed away, if any units collide with this hero while channeling, it will be pushed away swiftly and dealt 50 damage.

Level 1 - 200 pull radius to the singularity, 100 push radius from the caster.
Level 2 - 300 pull radius to the singularity, 150 push radius from the caster.
Level 3 - 400 pull radius to the singularity, 200 push radius from the caster.
Level 4 - 500 pull radius to the singularity, 250 push radius from the caster.

I would like this multi instanceable (MUI?) and in GUI, less than 25% custom script (but you may use more if it's absolutely necessary) and the units to not be paralyzed and able to make movements.

The units being pulled to the singularity are pulled at an inescapable rate, and the push away from the caster is just enough so that fast units can still reach it.

If more than 50% JASS must be used, please explain what each line does... I am one of the slowest possible JASS'ers there could be...
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #63
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I have no idea why my code does that when opened on a Windows PC, but all it is is that all the linebreaks are replaced with a symbol.

Well, Fulla, your request seems rather easy (and I've thought about it this time :D), but Tide... I don't know if I'd still be able to keep very much GUI. I mean, I guess I could do some funky workarounds...

At any rate, I'll add you two to the list. Tide, your spell will not be done until after August 18th, but I may be able to finish yours Fulla. It depends on if Pyritie replies or not, as he's left out some vital information.

The reason behind the long wait is this:
I am going on vacation from the 3rd to the 18th of August.

I will be closing the thread before I go, but realize how long you will have to wait if you request a spell now.

Edit: Tide, would it be ok for the units to just move in a line towards the Singularity, or do you want them to spiral (I'd really rather not do spirals, but I will if you must have it).
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 08-02-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #64
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Spirals means that they can escape easily... I want a highly concentrated point of gravity, so... I would prefer if it was a direct pull.

So... yeah, straight pulls it is!
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #65
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
It depends on if Pyritie replies or not, as he's left out some vital information.
Like what?
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #66
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
Oh, and a question about your spell, Pyritie: should they constantly attack random units (like, ordered by a trigger to attack random units nearby every few seconds), or should they just auto-acquire all units as though they were enemies? If it's the former, how long do you want the units to stay on the same target?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #67
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Oh, I didn't see that. Make it the former then. And I guess make it a 1:2 chance that it either stays on the same unit or goes around to a different one.

Also, it should have an AoE of about 800. Just use a single cloud FX, I'll replace it with a bigger one later. It should also affect friendlies and enemies.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #68
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

How often should they switch?

Edit: Whoops... just saw Gorman's post. Added you to the list.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 08-02-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #69
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

yay i was wondering if u were ever gonna say u saw my post
Old 08-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #70
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
How often should they switch?
Either after every attack, or every few seconds. Preferably 1-2 secs, if you choose the latter.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:53 PM   #71
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide-Arc Ephemera
I'd like a GUI spell...

Singularity (Mana Flare)
Causes a rip in reality at target point, pulling all units near it into the rip. All units that come into contact with the rip are dealt 150 damage and all units near this hero are pushed away, if any units collide with this hero while channeling, it will be pushed away swiftly and dealt 50 damage.

Level 1 - 200 pull radius to the singularity, 100 push radius from the caster.
Level 2 - 300 pull radius to the singularity, 150 push radius from the caster.
Level 3 - 400 pull radius to the singularity, 200 push radius from the caster.
Level 4 - 500 pull radius to the singularity, 250 push radius from the caster.

I would like this multi instanceable (MUI?) and in GUI, less than 25% custom script (but you may use more if it's absolutely necessary) and the units to not be paralyzed and able to make movements.

The units being pulled to the singularity are pulled at an inescapable rate, and the push away from the caster is just enough so that fast units can still reach it.

If more than 50% JASS must be used, please explain what each line does... I am one of the slowest possible JASS'ers there could be...
hmm, let me see. GUI, MUI, and with smooth movement, and commented.... keep dreaming, mainly for the GUI part. I know Pyrogasm is doing with the best of the intentions, but please don't abuse.

Last edited by moyack : 08-02-2007 at 01:58 PM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:45 AM   #72
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Just a comment about Beguile Spell. it has a bug, the target units in the border of the AOE start flickering, and it looks bad.

Please use the posted map, which has the return character fixed.

Put the map in C:\Downloads\ in order to check the replay.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g LastReplay.w3g (16.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: w3x Beguile.w3x (115.2 KB, 15 views)
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:35 AM   #73
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

I know about that bug, moyack, and I asked Rising_Dusk what to do about it. He said to just leave it, as it works fine in an AoS (which DoD2 is) and that he couldn't think of an easy solution to the problem.

I include .txt files with the spell code because of that bug, moyack, but thanks for doing it anyway.

Finished another spell! (Probably the last before I leave)
Transmute:
TransmuteEvery second, all units near targeted point will have a chance to be turned into a critter for 3 seconds (1 second for heroes).

Level 1 - Chance to hex in a 225 radius; spell lasts 22 seconds.
Level 2 - Chance to hex in a 270 radius; spell lasts 25 seconds.
Level 3 - Chance to hex in a 315 radius; spell lasts 28 seconds.
Level 4 - Chance to hex in a 360 radius; spell lasts 31 seconds.

Channeling.
Transmute.zip
The spell is fully MUI, and I just realized that the spell doesn't increase in chance with level, but the configuration functions allow it to be so.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Transmute.zip (116.0 KB, 211 views)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #74
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Aha thx alot.
'Downloads'
Old 08-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #75
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

I forgot to remove 1 Debug Message, but you should be able to find it. It's in the "Transmute_Endcast" function.

At any rate:

Thread temporarily closed 'till the 18th due to my pending vacation.

If you have anything you need to notify me of regarding your spell, send me a PM and I will get it when I return. Additionally, if any spellmaker wants to make any of the pending requests (and the requestee agrees, obviously), feel free to do so privately.

If for some reason this does need to be reopened while I'm away, feel free to do so (administrators/moderators).

Good day.

Quote:
Quote: