wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Who do you think should win the contest?
DioD 1 4.35%
sas_Skorpion 2 8.70%
xombie 0 0%
TheSecretArts 1 4.35%
Fireeye 3 13.04%
Alexander244 2 8.70%
Toink 1 4.35%
Dark.Revenant 1 4.35%
HyperActive 0 0%
CommanderZ 1 4.35%
Naakaloh 5 21.74%
midiway 2 8.70%
Rising_Dusk 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 AM   #1
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk
Default Spell Making Session #9 Voting

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

These are the entries for the 9th Spell Making Session in order of submission.
The entries are pretty kickass, not surprised at all.

Spell Making Session #9:
Entrant/Download LinkSpell NameScreenshot
DioDGlowClick image for larger version

Name:	DioD - Glow.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	27186
sas_SkorpionLord of the Flames SpellClick image for larger version

Name:	LordofFlames.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	27146
xombieHoly LightClick image for larger version

Name:	HolyLight_SC.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	27148
TheSecretArtsMolten CoreClick image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_070707_220717_04.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	27188
FireeyeThunder WhirlClick image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_070907_112041_02.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	27149
Alexander244NecromancyClick image for larger version

Name:	Necromancy Screenshot.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	27150
ToinkMagnitude XClick image for larger version

Name:	Magnitude X.JPG
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	27151
Dark.RevenantKnights of the Round TableClick image for larger version

Name:	KotR Screenshot.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	27170
HyperActiveQuarryClick image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	27153
CommanderZGravestormClick image for larger version

Name:	gravestorm.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	27154
NaakalohCerulean StormClick image for larger version

Name:	CeruleanStorm_01.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	27155
midiwayNature's RifClick image for larger version

Name:	Midiway - Nature's Rif.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	27187
Rising_DuskStormbreakerClick image for larger version

Name:	Stormbreaker.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	27156
(Spell Making Session #9 Topic)

I think I got everyone in, if I forgot someone please let me know via PM.
13 entries this time around, 6 less than last time but still a heluva turnout.
Nice job guys.

If you're one of the people that didn't post a screenshot or didn't post what your spell's name was, just post it in this topic and I'll update this post accordingly.

Please post a top 3 list of which spells you like most and why you like them most. Even though the session has a poll, the poll won't decide the winner, if nobody posts good reasons. Reasons mean more than the poll.
Last day to vote and post reasons is on 07-23-2007 GMT-5.

All Entrant's Testmaps: SpellSession9Entries.rar

Best of luck to all the entrants!

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 07-17-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Updated Table.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Damn theres a lot more than i expected..
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 AM   #3
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

Spell Name: Unknown heh lol
Entrant/Download Link: Spell Session #9 Glow.w3x
Old 07-17-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

errr.. my spell's name is Molten Core and the picture is in that thread (somewhere)... or could someone be nice and post one for me because i can't because its impossible(i cant take the scrnsht). Im sorry i couldnt have a nice test map because i didnt have enough time to make it. I ran out of time and the end and i couldnt make a test map. please dont grade me on that.

Edit: I voted for myself for three reasons:
1, I really liked my spell, and I think I did a good job at the coding (except the handler functions, but thats because i didnt have enough time )
2, I can't really test the other maps because it is impossible for me to test without WE/War3, but they don't look too amazing.
3, I think that my spell has very nice eyecandy, I though it was just the right amount of eyecandy that fit in very well with the spell basis of flying Fireballs.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL COMPETITORS!
-TheSecretArts

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 07-17-2007 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #5
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

That's the problem with people posting like 6 posts and I have no idea which one is the real one or what's going on or what the screenshot is or whatever.

@DioD
Wasn't sure and didn't have time to open the map, will update.
@TSA
No worries, will update.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 AM   #6
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Why didn't I finish on time... rawr!

I'll be testin' these soon.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #7
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (461)

Well, i have reviewed 7 of the entries, but now I am dead tired and hit the physics one... Too much code to go through at this time, so its off to sleep and more review in the morn. Will post all the reviews once I am done then. So far so good.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
CommanderZ
Ayreonaut

Submissions (1)

CommanderZ will become famous soon enough (48)CommanderZ will become famous soon enough (48)

Send a message via ICQ to CommanderZ

I haven't reviewed the code this time. I feel lazy now and ... there are mor competent people to do it.

Glow
- not original (dota's freezing field damaging allies too)
- buggy
- sometimes the explosions started spawning ONLy under the caster
- continues after hero's death

Moltren core
- grrrr, "Just another wc3 map"
- too powerful, mage usually cannot afford to waste all hist mana at once

Mgnitude X
- another "Just another wc3 map"
- not original
- very nice eyecandy, I loved to watch it

Lord of the flames
- nicely done
- why did you put that stupid texttag there? it perfectly spoils my feelings of this spell.
- not very useful ingame (cannot hit anything with it)

Nature's Rif - 3rd Place
- nice spell, love the hand which grabs the trees
- sill...ehm...quite weird (it's probably the cost of originality there)

Cerullean Storm
- very nice spell to play with
- if is wasn't so laggy (when targeted on group of 4+ creeps), I would award it with the first or second place
- could be very useful ingame

Thunder Whirl - 1st Place
- original, nice, useful, funny to play with...for me it is the Mana Weave of this round => First Place
- too many lightnings when cast in the middle of footmen horder...I'd reccomend to remove them

Quarry
- laggy!!!
- too random, sometimes the creeps in melee distance of me survived almost unharmed
- otherwise...i liked it. Boulder spam. Lol.

Stormbreaker - 2nd Place
- nice, simple spell
- maybe too simple (ehm...deja vu...dusk, again, another ward casting something like mad?)
- AI was a bit confused of it

Holy Light
- not original - just AoE purify (?, I don't remember the name, you know what I mean - the nuke/heal paladin has)[color="Yellow"]

Knights of the Round Table
- w000t!!!...loooool...roflmao
- first total all-nukes-in-one spell in wc3
- total sfx spam. total. absolute.

Necromancy
- another all-in-one spell, this time in shotgun faishon
- nice, I just don't like spells which try to do everything
Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I'm sorry TheSecretarts, but would you mind explaining what your spell actually does?

I cast it multiple times and the fireballs never hit anything, nor did they go towards where I targeted... they just flew randomly and bugged out sometimes. They were selectable.

EDIT: Same thing with "Glow". I had no idea what the fuck it was supposed to do... nor could I figure out after extensive casts.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 07-17-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #10
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

- heh if spell in dota no one can use it's concept?
- nc
- they always come closer to caster in process, longer time - closer to caster, then caster will "burn", how death can stop magical fire?
- nc^

Glow spell supposed to focus nagative energy on casting unit, if spell finished it will become focused on caster and unchanneling.

-bugs? strange, i tested event and data structure, no conflicts allowed.
self damage is not bug too, it damage everything in burst range.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
CommanderZ
Ayreonaut

Submissions (1)

CommanderZ will become famous soon enough (48)CommanderZ will become famous soon enough (48)

It is too similiar do that dota spell (almost the same). Including sfx. And...channeled spells are usually interruped by death of the caster.

That bug maybe really wasn't a bug. It maybe was the final phase of the spell...where it came so close to the caster that it was only under him. Then it is not a bug but a bad concept. This should not be.

Last edited by CommanderZ : 07-17-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #12
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
I'm sorry TheSecretarts, but would you mind explaining what your spell actually does?

I cast it multiple times and the fireballs never hit anything, nor did they go towards where I targeted... they just flew randomly and bugged out sometimes. They were selectable.

EDIT: Same thing with "Glow". I had no idea what the fuck it was supposed to do... nor could I figure out after extensive casts.

ok, my spell is in the class of "Beserker", your supposed to miss sometimes. It is supposed to be that the caster channels for 5 seconds, then releases fireballs randomly in the direction of the caster's facing for 5 seconds. If they hit, the spell did its job, if they miss, then you faced the downside of a beserker spell. For the bug, try changing the line that looks like (Variables might be different) call Move(RandomInt(25,35),RandomInt(25,35) (Its in the trigger Fireball (i think)) and changing the first set to (10,20) and the second set to (30,40). That should fix the problem. Its because i didnt have time to refine the handling and when two hit the ground simultaneously, it can cause a problem. Or if you feel like it, increase to delay time between fireballs a little higher and change the channel length to be a little longer. The spell should handle itself otherwise so it should all work fine.

@Commanderz didnt you read my testmap note... and it is supposed to be powerful... it supposed to be a all or nothing battle ender, like this story i used as an example earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Book of Fire
"He stared at the convening wizards with utmost contempt. His eyes burned red with anger. He couldn't believe that even they were capable of such treason. His heart burned to stop them, to destroy them for such vile far-fetched plots.

He raised his right hand and muttered a few words that emanated power. Miniature fissures no larger than his finger formed beneath his very legs and from those eerie fissures spewed a burning fire. The more he uttered those words, the larger the flames became, and a bright glow began to emanate from his hand. His voice became more commanding and stern with each continuing word he muttered.

The wizards shrank in fear, they knew their fate had been sealed the moment the fissures appeared. He stopped muttered his words of power. A bright light issued from his hands followed by the unthinkable, at least by most mortals' standards. A slew of fireballs issued from his hands flying in all directions exploding is mass displays of destruction.

After of few seconds of the onslaught, the destruction ceased. All the convening wizards were charred to ashes and the contents of the room were burned, scattered, and destroyed. He was worn from the spell and knew that he would have to escape before others came, and he would be in no condition to fight with all of his mana drained..."

@Ammorth dont veiw all the handlers in my map, just look at SpecEffect 20, 19 and MoveEx20, 19, just so you can see the function and how i handled, then skip the rest and go directly to the bottom.

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 07-17-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #13
CommanderZ
Ayreonaut

Submissions (1)

I would naver cast a spell for all of my mana with a chance of missing. Result of the battle should not depend on whether your spell misses or not.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #14
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZ
- not original

Where have you seen it before? How was it done? AFAIK I didn't steal any ideas from anyone at all.

Actually, it was going to have more twists to it. I was going to add a knockdown effect, wherein nearby enemy units are knocked down on the ground every 3 seconds for X seconds. But I didn't have much time left.

Well here's my thoughts on my top 3..

3rd - Mine of course, I do want to make it to the top 3 :p plus I have spent and dedicated time to work on it. I may have forgot to do some homeworks, but those don't matter now -_- To be honest, I like it the way I see it and it has nice eyecandy :D

2nd - Knights of the Round Table - I really like how the spell is overall, and I can see how much time Darky spent on it, great job!

1st - Stormbreaker - Very nice, sort of like a different version of Red Death, but this one looks mean too and chain lightnings enemies instead of a normal attack with a moon glaive passive.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #15
CommanderZ
Ayreonaut

Submissions (1)

It is not nonoriginal in the way you copied something, its main problem is that it just does damage in aoe and slows enemies. I have seen such ability many times. Namely...sand king's epicenter from dota. It just does flat damage, not single explosions.