wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > The Dawn of Chaos
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2007, 03:21 AM   #1
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Project Leader: DoC

The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)

Send a message via MSN to The_Skullpitter
Information What Is "The Dawn of Chaos?"

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

The Dawn of Chaos (DoC) is a remake of the first game in the Warcraft series, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, first released by Blizzard Entertainment in 1994. The Dawn of Chaos is being created by the Realm Design team.

Contents
1. Project Description
2. Project Features
3. A Few People

1. Project Description
The Dawn of Chaos is:
- A total conversion for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
- Two campaigns: Human ("The Lion Roars") and Orc ("The Scouring of Azeroth") of 16 missions and five cinematic maps each
- Multiplayer maps playable on Battle.net with players who have also installed The Dawn of Chaos

2. Project Features
The Dawn of Chaos does not look like Warcraft III. All elements in The Dawn of Chaos have been either: reskinned; remodeled; created entirely by our team; created entirely by the modding community. Nothing completely from Warcraft III is in The Dawn of Chaos.
The Dawn of Chaos is a total modification. This means:
- The road and wall systems from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans have been recreated
- All of the units and buildings from Warcraft: Orcs and Humans have been recreated
- All of the missions from the two campaigns in Warcraft: Orcs and Humans have been recreated with an updated storyline and updated gameplay, and several new missions (four in each campaign) have been added
- The Dawn of Chaos features its own music and voice acting for all units and dialogue
- The user interfaces, fonts, loading screens, tooltips and text strings, menus, icons, selection markers, and other system-related features have been replaced
- The Dawn of Chaos has its own unique art style that makes the player feel like they're experiencing the original Warcraft experience for the very first time

3. A Few People
Please feel free to start asking questions here, we'll answer them as quickly and as helpfully as we can. Get to know the three people who will be answering the most:
John Drake is the founder of Realm Design and one of the project leaders; he and I came up with the project, and he's the jack-of-all-trades who has his fingers in all parts of the mod.
The Skullpitter is me. I'm the other project leader, and my biggest job is to write DoC's story, dialogue, and all other textual elements.
Xaran Alamas is the other executive of Realm Design, whose project Forsaken Destiny can be found at his new forum website, Rampaging Polygons although things are just getting into gear over there.

Alright! Let's hear from you. And while you think about what you're gonna say, check out a few screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HumanShot.jpg (268.7 KB, 843 views)
File Type: jpg OrcMission01.jpg (76.7 KB, 683 views)

I had a dream a few months ago. The Pope was teaching Pope Class in my dining room. We all had Pope uniforms and we were sitting at my dining room table. I was like the Pope Class Clown. I got in a huge fight with the Pope, and he made me fail a test out of spite so I threw a fit, ran upstairs, threw my Pope robes down the stairs at him, ran into my room, fell on my ass into my laundry basket and cried.
After I woke up I was furious with the Pope for about a week.
Then he died.

Last edited by The_Skullpitter : 02-18-2007 at 03:23 AM.
The_Skullpitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #2
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

Does this mean you're getting close to release?

I just can,t wait for this.
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)

We're getting ready to release something. Not like, within the week, but sooner and sooner as we get stuff done. The reason DoC has taken so long is that we're really not willing to call something finished as long as elements don't look perfect to us. That's why so many units and buildings have gone through, and continue to go through, so many iterations.

I had a dream a few months ago. The Pope was teaching Pope Class in my dining room. We all had Pope uniforms and we were sitting at my dining room table. I was like the Pope Class Clown. I got in a huge fight with the Pope, and he made me fail a test out of spite so I threw a fit, ran upstairs, threw my Pope robes down the stairs at him, ran into my room, fell on my ass into my laundry basket and cried.
Then he died.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Great to hear that somethings coming. I can't wait, I just can't wait :)
Old 02-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
Guesst
User

Submissions (3)

Guesst is a jewel in the rough (185)Guesst is a jewel in the rough (185)Guesst is a jewel in the rough (185)

That first screenshot induced nostalgia.
Guesst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:36 AM   #6
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

We aim to please.

Then he died.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 AM   #7
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

So this rehosted? Great make this project finish as fast as possible

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #8
Xaran Alamas
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Xaran Alamas will become famous soon enough (54)Xaran Alamas will become famous soon enough (54)

More like multi-hosted for maximum exposure.
Xaran Alamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
John_Drake
User

John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy Master
Great to hear that somethings coming. I can't wait, I just can't wait :)

Hey man! Glad to see you're still hangin' 'round these parts too
Old 02-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Looking good. Hope to see something soon.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Belphegor666 is on a distinguished road (16)

Finally real orcs back in town!!!

My sincerest best wishes.
Belphegor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #12
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Our Orcs may have once been shamanistic, but they were shamanistic because it gave them POWER. And our Orcs would only make alliances with people if they thought it would help them kill EVERYONE ELSE at a later date.
Our Orcs are assholes.
Welcome to DoC.

Then he died.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #13
willofbalance
User

willofbalance has little to show at this moment (0)

Great to see you back into wc3campaigns people !!!

I am awaiting this more than any starcraft silly conversion !!! Thanx a lot for coming back :D
willofbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #14
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Belphegor666 is on a distinguished road (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Skullpitter
Our Orcs may have once been shamanistic, but they were shamanistic because it gave them POWER. And our Orcs would only make alliances with people if they thought it would help them kill EVERYONE ELSE at a later date.
Our Orcs are assholes.
Welcome to DoC.

Let me retierate. Finally real orcs back in town!!!

I know they are assholes and they must stay assholes(not in the Thrall and his gay orcs kind of way).

Last edited by Belphegor666 : 02-20-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Belphegor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:36 AM   #15
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

Nice, 5 rep points from me to all of you :).

Retired (Well I'm still doing freelance works).
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote