wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Model & .Mdl Editing Corner
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-07-2007, 04:04 AM   #1
galmore
User

galmore has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Im trying to Convert/Open MDLs for Autodesk 3ds Max 8 or Maya Unlimited 6.0

Ok I have tryed the Plugins/Addons that Blizzard has but when I run 3DS it tells me its for a different version.

So im wondering if anyone knows of any programs that will convert a War3 Model to something Autodesk 3ds Max 8 can edit and then Convert it back so War3 likes its format again.

I also have Maya Unlimited 6.0, I perfer 3DS but if anyone knows of a converter for Maya that will be fine to.

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Last edited by galmore : 01-07-2007 at 04:07 AM. Reason: GrAmMeR
galmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
galmore
User

galmore has little to show at this moment (0)

Well since no one has replyed i guess ill assume that no only blizzard tools does this and only 3ds 4 will run the tool set.

This does make me wonder if the 3ds people have ever heard of the concept 'Backward compatibility' but guess not

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
galmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
Guesst
User

Submissions (3)

Guesst is a jewel in the rough (185)Guesst is a jewel in the rough (185)Guesst is a jewel in the rough (185)

Maya is entirely unsupported. There are no good (as in entirely working) import tools for importing into 3ds max and none from Blizzard at all. Those that exist, I don't know about their compatability with 8. I only have ones for 4.
Guesst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
Taylor_Mouse
User

Taylor_Mouse will become famous soon enough (35)Taylor_Mouse will become famous soon enough (35)

You should more look to scripts, the ones I tried are all scripts for GMAX, and since gmax is a "Max" version, the scripts also work in 3DSMax, surtenly in max 8.

If this supports animation, that, I donot know but the static meshes should do the trick .
Also the animation when export to mdl/mdx are not fully supported in the max scripting tools :(

Maybe you should check there...
Old 01-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
BlinkBoy
User

Respected User

Submissions (4)

BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)BlinkBoy has a spectacular aura about (97)

Outstanding Tutorial

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

The best importer, for now, is fadis moundir's MDX Importer.
The best exporter, for max 6 up & gmax, is Republicolas's Dex exporter.

Link for Dex's

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=78484

and here, I've attached Fadis Moundir's MDX Importer.

Note for Fadis: Don't aply skinning when importing, it will give an error on max 6 up.
Attached Files
File Type: rar MDX Importer.rar (34.9 KB, 676 views)

Learn to animate! check out my: Basic Animation Tutorial!

Currently working at a sequel to my animation tutorial.
BlinkBoy is offline   Reply With Quote