wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #151
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toink
Nice map, I really liked that Transmundane. His ulti rapes when the Hero is immobile. 150 damage with 16 floating bodies, 150x16= 2400 damage. Retardedly powerful, I had so much fun with him.

It's not that he will ever be in the condition of deal so much damage.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:30 AM   #152
st33m
User

Submissions (1)

st33m is on a distinguished road (22)

Send a message via MSN to st33m

That dwarf is impossible to kill ><
Old 11-26-2006, 03:33 AM   #153
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

@Nasrudin : He will in inhouses.

Last edited by Toink : 11-26-2006 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #154
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Well I've been working on 2.00i...
Lots of balance fixes, bug fixes, etc. The good stuff you all want.

But I have a problem.
These handle index failures... I don't know what to do with them.
I seriously for the love of all that is good in jass code cannot figure out how to get rid of them.
I simply CANNOT recreate any of them in single player, and that makes the testing tough --
Because naturally, they only happen under high stress.

So yeah, I'm going to be working for the next week or two to try to figure them out.
But I cannot guarantee any progress.

I really want to move AotZ out of the beta stages, it's entirely ready except that these bugs exist.
I'm going to be posting elsewhere too, because I need as much help as possible.
So yeah, stay tuned people -- I'm trying.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 PM   #155
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
I simply CANNOT recreate any of them in single player, and that makes the testing tough --
Because naturally, they only happen under high stress.

Can't you, say, gain controll of all heroes, and\or make them periodically (spelling?) cast their abilities?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #156
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

If I gain control of all of the heroes, it doesn't represent realistic map simulation --
In the real game, you do not get control of every hero, nor do half the heroes appear on one team or the other.

I want to simulate real-time gaming to a tee, and in order to do that I need more people than just myself.
And if I try to CODE the ai to do it, well it wouldn't be pretty and might potentially add more bugs.
That's not even factoring, a lot of the spells have requirements, targets, etc.

And even then, they follow only one pattern:
When the first one occurs in a game, dozens to hundreds more occur directly afterwards.
From all observations, it's as if the game cache just overflows and can't accept anymore data.
These aren't periodic errors, these are generally huge map-failures.
It's as if the map just says "Screw this" and everything breaks.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 11-29-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:19 AM   #157
loremaster
User

loremaster has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33m
That dwarf is impossible to kill ><

Amen brother. Each hit gives him more DR, HP, and damage... each hit he deals out gives more AS and MS...

Quite strong.

But SCAMP... that sonofagun is impossible to kill too...
2) ?????
3) Eat the fried chicken
4) Profit!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:17 AM   #158
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

Quote:
It's as if the map just says "Screw this" and everything breaks.

lol, that makes me laugh

is there a limit to the amount of data one game cache variable can hold?

cuz I personally have never experienced anything like what you have described

I used to get the occasional stopped projectile or effect not removed, but now that I use integer locals and not timer locals, I do not even get that
Old 12-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #159
illidan92
Banned

illidan92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)

That dude who can whirlwind and teleport and deal extra damage to if they get hit and has a leap attack skill that can leap more if he hits someone is reaaally imbalanced. You need to balance out the heros, like the tauren blows but that whirlwind jumping guy is really cheap. Needs loads of balancing, you need visualization so you can balance it out. That one warden who blinks like 5 times and deals damage is imbalanced because the casting time should be like 2 seconds. Sorry for being so vague but I never play DOTA and rarely play DOTA copies.

Last edited by illidan92 : 12-12-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #160
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Sorry for being so vague but I never play DOTA and rarely play DOTA copies.
That line right there just made me want to ignore the entire rest of your post.
And they're being slightly rebalanced anyways.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #161
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

Anyway, how is the new version going?
If I recall corectly, you HAVEN'T put it the new items, not to say that one side currently has more heroes to choose from than the other...
Old 12-13-2006, 01:36 AM   #162
Hydrolisk
User

Submissions (1)

Hydrolisk is on a distinguished road (11)

Great work so far! If only you could let me test your next version... SO HUNGRY FOR AOTZ! Though in all seriousness, I want you to change the dwarf. Only the STUPIDEST dwarf players ever die and when they do, it was either by full out gank, or an ownage Conservator Janise. Of course, even if you do kill him, you'll suffer SO much. Oh yeah, btw, both ways requires the dwarf to be below %35 health. SERIOUSLY. Oh yeah, same with conservator. Only retarded conservators die. AKA people that don't get cataclysm. Even if you people DO think it sucks. It's what fuels the conservator's murderous spree... +REP (IF I CAN!!! :P)
Old 12-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #163
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Dusk, the seeker doesn't revive if he uses ascension at night. -_-'
Old 12-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #164
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Reproduceable?
I would be willing to bet it's one of those handle index failures.

Quote:
I want you to change the dwarf. Only the STUPIDEST dwarf players ever die and when they do, it was either by full out gank, or an ownage Conservator Janise
The Dwarf is quite killable, you just need the right strategy.
Don't tank him, ever. Slows and disables rape him badly, so does Greel's Caress.
Also, he had no heals whatsoever, so whatever damage you deal him is not going away unless he runs to base.
Just keep beating at him and he always dies.

I've played against him dozens of times, and even as rather fragile heroes.
It's not tough to whittle him down even at max level.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 12-13-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #165
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Quote:
Reproduceable?

Err... no. It doesn't happen in singleplayer. And maybe it had nothing to do with the time of the day, but KD used it at least two other times at day and he revived.
Anyway, from what he said in the chat before leaving, I'm sure he saw it happen before.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 AM
illidan92
This message has been deleted by Captain Griffen. Reason: Spam/Flaming
Closed Thread