wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

Default (12) Elimination Tournament

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Elimination Tournament is now released!

Some history:
Elimination has been my one main project since i started wc3 modding. I started the project more than 2 years ago, and a few months later Elimination had it's first release: Elimination 1,4. It was a Team Deathmatch game where two teams killed eachother using carrion swarms that looked like bullets. Later, Elimination 2,1 was released. And after that 3,1. Elimination continued to evolve, untill i realized the map needed to be remade from scratch. Some of the triggers from years back was still there, it was all made in GUI and had serious lag problems.

But instead of "remaking" it, i created a new map. Using a 3D physics system created by Anitarf and iNfraNe, Elimination Tournament became THE most advanced wc3 map in it's genre.

General Info
Elimination Tournament is a Capture The Flag game that is best described as "Unreal Tournament in Warcraft 3".

There are 6 different arenas to choose from, each with different gameplay. Sneak around in the high grass of the forest, jump between the platforms in burning lava or pick a camping spot in the Trench.

The goal is to capture the enemy flag from the enemy base and bring it back to your own flag. To do that you will have to defeat the enemy team using weapons such as Minigun, Sniper Rifle, Acid Gun and many more.

There are also a large variety of gadgets to use as your fight the enemy team. Throw a bouncing grenade into the room, or plant a C4 under the enemy tower and wait for it to blow. Place barricades on defensive positions to block enemy fire.

Since I released the open beta a few months ago, lots of Elimination Tournament clans have formed. There is an on-going Elimination Tournament League over on Azeroth for clans dedicated to the map.

Elimination 1.24b released! Map file updated. For changelog, visit the Elimination Forums here on wc3c.

Old:This is the 1.1 version of the map, the first full release. And with this release I also quit wc3 modding. I'll still be browsin' the fora and playing the game, but I'm quitting modding completely. Thanks to everyone who has participated in the creation of the map, and to all dedicated players and testers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gaddent.jpg (39.9 KB, 2255 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x EliminationTournament1,24b.w3x (972.8 KB, 1808 views)

Last edited by Anitarf : 09-15-2009 at 10:10 PM.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I would approve the map, but since I participated in it's making I guess I'm a bit biassed. :)

Still, Elimination Tournament is everything Elimination was and more, and considering the original already made it into this map database there shouldn't be any obstacles for this latest milestone in the series.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:05 AM   #3
skatj
User

skatj has little to show at this moment (3)

This is a great map, it has gotten quite popular recently over Battle.net, simple but fun.
skatj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
aquilla
User

Submissions (1)

aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)

Send a message via MSN to aquilla

I've only taken a look at it in solo, but woa, the terrainis fantastic. The imports make it look very different, so different that I think the circle of protections don't fit in (or maybe it's just 'cause I always thought they were ugly) Tried some of the weapons too which were as awesome and the description you gave really makes me wanna try it out in a full game (tomorrow)
aquilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
iNfraNe
MSc

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Guess what! I approve too!

CG: Stop confusing people. You can't approve your own map.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball

Last edited by Captain Griffen : 11-29-2006 at 07:35 PM.
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #6
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

Me too ;-)
Old 11-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
Doomhammer
User

Submissions (2)

Doomhammer has little to show at this moment (8)

I'm missing the AI.

My story as an addict:

before NewGen: I could barely bear the poor WE functionality for longer than 2 hours at maximum

after NewGen: Wow, I mean this got me completely immersed into editing, so now I'm spending on average over 8 hours a day with world editor, sometimes even doing late night sessions until the sun comes up again. Yeah, right, I couldn't keep up with work on my proper job, can't pay the bills anymore, and who on earth cares about my girlfriend? - I don't, and I don't care. I mean, the creative work done in the WE community in terms of artwork, of new systems and scripting concepts published here is so exciting that I couldn't bother less.

Last edited by Doomhammer : 11-28-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Doomhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #8
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

It's a competitive multiplayer map; we never had any intention of having computer controlled units in the game :)
Old 11-28-2006, 09:09 PM   #9
Sacreligious
User

Submissions (1)

Sacreligious will become famous soon enough (25)

Approved Map: Abyssium

Excellent map, there is hardly anything negative to say about it.

However, I feel that the map could be a lot better than it is currently, by allowing different types of modes, settings, and overall customization in order to satisfy people of all various skill levels and experience with the map.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #10
Doomhammer
User

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDDeN
It's a competitive multiplayer map; we never had any intention of having computer controlled units in the game :)

...which makes it a lot harder to find out about its quality, since...
...I haven't seen this map hosted in bnet lately
...I'm not meeting with my buddies on LANs every single day
...it's really dull for testing this map, when there's nothing but the terrain, shops and a flag

I reckon that AI support has already become standard for high quality maps.
There are AI tutorials for this kind of map around (which is not given for any type of map) - just take and modify a hardcoded hero arena script, it's not that hard. But without it, it certainly misses a major gameplay element, whether on intention or not.

My story as an addict:

before NewGen: I could barely bear the poor WE functionality for longer than 2 hours at maximum

after NewGen: Wow, I mean this got me completely immersed into editing, so now I'm spending on average over 8 hours a day with world editor, sometimes even doing late night sessions until the sun comes up again. Yeah, right, I couldn't keep up with work on my proper job, can't pay the bills anymore, and who on earth cares about my girlfriend? - I don't, and I don't care. I mean, the creative work done in the WE community in terms of artwork, of new systems and scripting concepts published here is so exciting that I couldn't bother less.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #11
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Just host youself...?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:02 AM   #12
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

AI for a shooter map?
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #13
Doomhammer
User

Submissions (2)

A good AI is not only a must for single-player purists, but also a boon to any multiplayer round that needs that extra player slot filled up with an AI for better team balance. Furthermore, AI opponents are ideal for training this kind of map: chuck'em in quickly, and explore the possibilites. Hell, what would Quake3 be without computer opponents? - A mere portrait of surrealistic archicteture!

My story as an addict:

Old 11-29-2006, 06:34 AM   #14
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

Dude ^^ You have no idea what your saying.

Try the map and you'll realize we are right. It's not a click and shoot game, it's practically impossible to make even a moderate AI for the game.

Quote:
...I haven't seen this map hosted in bnet lately

Please check Azeroth. There's allways at least one game hosted, I've seen as many as 4 in the list at the same time :)

You can also check channel's such as "clan ET", "clan SF", "clan isa", "clan elim" etc. I'm sure they'll host it.

Last edited by GaDDeN : 11-29-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #15
Doomhammer
User

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDDeN
Dude ^^ You have no idea what your saying.

Try the map and you'll realize we are right. It's not a click and shoot game, it's practically impossible to make even a moderate AI for the game.

I have tried the map sp, which is obviously not that much of an excitement.

It's good you mentioned the channels where I can find this map hosted...I'll check them out shortly.

Yet from the technical side, I can't see any difficulties hindering the implementation of some sort of computer opponent. Is it "practically impossible" to adapt a bunch of hero arena triggers? I don't think so.

My story as an addict:

Last edited by Doomhammer : 11-29-2006 at 09:08 AM.