wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Concept Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-23-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Leopard
Banned

Submissions (6)

Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)

Send a message via Yahoo to Leopard
Default i have returned

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Hi friends, i have returned with some new pics, hope you like it, hehe
blade-master and male-warden
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blade-master.JPG (85.2 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg male.JPG (72.1 KB, 114 views)
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
Syntic_Arrow
User

Submissions (4)

Syntic_Arrow has little to show at this moment (6)

Hey, Leopard!

Your work is nice, you got talent!

But if you allow me to give you some tips

1. Make the hands a little bigger and more detailed since the size of the hands don't totally fit with the size of the model

2. Work a little on the face of the blademaster, his ears are a little strange and his head is not corresponding with his body, you forgot his neck!

Overall your work is great with just some small improvements to make on the art, I hope you have a nice day and have fun making more talented work like these ones!

Have a nice day!
Syntic_Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

you misters/misses should stop using the word "talent" like this, because it is something very hard to define from a first look and it is relative. "Skill" would have been a better word, but with all respect I say that these drawings are not very skilled (this is not an insult, sir). You still have a lot to observe and to learn, sir. Remember: a drawing a day keeps gonorrhea away.

And I never heard of you nor do I remember you, kind sir. I'm telling this due to your "I am back" thread title and calling us "friends", when we didn't get to know you better. Post more of your work, we always wellcome new drawing folk.

Last edited by TDR : 10-23-2006 at 08:20 PM.
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #4
Syntic_Arrow
User

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
you misters/misses should stop using the word "talent" like this, because it is something very hard to define from a first look and it is relative. "Skill" would have been a better word, but with all respect I say that these drawings are not very skilled (this is not an insult, sir). You still have a lot to observe and to learn, sir. Remember: a drawing a day keeps gonorrhea away.

And I never heard of you nor do I remember you, kind sir. I'm telling this due to your "I am back" thread title and calling us "friends", when we didn't get to know you better. Post more of your work, we always wellcome new drawing folk.

Well, to talk about what talent is

There is a difference between people who can draw, who can't draw and people who think they can draw but they can't.

And I think this person is a person who can draw or atleast is, in my view, capable of making talented work!

Skilled, talented, it mostly has to do with each other (especially in the world of drawing!!)

besides, have you ever seen someone bad at drawing making skilled work ?

Thanks

Last edited by Syntic_Arrow : 10-23-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

oh my, my eyes are bleeding due to the abuse of smilies.
Aniway, talent is not the only thing that makes you draw. If one with no "talent" practices a lot, then he will eventualy become very, very good. I met cases like that. And if one with "talent" dosen't practice, then it's useless. Talent + practice => awsome. Talent => meh/awsome (in huge ammounts). Skill => meh. Practice => meh/awsome (in huge ammounts).

"besides, have you ever seen someone bad at drawing making skilled work ?"
^that, sir, makes no sense and proves no point.

I would respectfully wish that we do not continue this discussion here and like this, for it is not the place for it.

bless you

Last edited by TDR : 10-23-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

I do remember him. Even the avatar is the same.

Interesting works, your style seems to have stayed the same all together. Hands are still too small :)
Old 10-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
falcoknight
We're Hunting Humans!

Submissions (29)

falcoknight is a jewel in the rough (155)falcoknight is a jewel in the rough (155)

Skinning contest 1

Send a message via MSN to falcoknight

Man I've asked everyone in the world.. ive always wanted to know what Gonnorhea is!!!! UGGGG!!!!

Anyway, about the drawing: I would say you have talent, talent is with you when your born and no one can take it away from you, but talent only shines with practice. Think of talent as a pearl, its covered in a clam or whatever the hell holds those things, whenever you practice it opens a bit, until after years and years of practice it opens fully and shines. Da vinci found his pearl :)
Old 10-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

Sir falcoknight, all you need to know about gonorrhea is to stay away from it
Old 10-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
Syntic_Arrow
User

Submissions (4)

lol, who is this gonorrhea you talk about, I get curious :P
Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #10
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

www.google.com
www.wikipedia.com
Old 10-25-2006, 12:58 AM   #11
Leopard
Banned

Submissions (6)

Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)

Send a message via Yahoo to Leopard

I wish i could be a professional artist like TDR or erwtenpeller. I personel think practice is actually important to ones like them, but a person who cant draw will never can draw, sir, i mean about the art ability though he practises years by years but all he need is The Ability, I dont mean i am a good artist or talented person, i just like draw, like warcraft and like the world i am imaging in my mind, that's all ^^.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:27 AM   #12
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

1. You sir, are a fool to call us professionals. If you want professionals, go at conceptart.org and check out Andrew Lee, Noxizmad, Prometheus, Sparth, Matt Dixon, etc. We are just wannabes for now, we (me, at least) have a LOT more to learn and to study. I'm not even close to be called a pro, so please don't you ever use that term to describe me.
2. Never wish you were somebody else. You are just fine.
3. It is good that you like to draw, especialy things that you're imagining, put please leave warcraft behind, for the sake of originality. And you just keep practicing every day and you'll see. I told you, I had a classmate who was drawing horrible, I doubt she had talent, but after 2-3 years of intense preparations she became god-like. Never lose your hope.

Last edited by TDR : 10-25-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #13
MaD[Lion]
MaD Da ViNci

Respected User

Submissions (10)

MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)MaD[Lion] is a jewel in the rough (225)

cmon TDR; he draws wat he likes, for some people it's not easy to imagine stuff u know, they need an inspiration or idea from another.
Timing SystemTiming system that simulates the usage of PolledWait just with 0.01 accuracy
MaD[Lion] is offline   Reply With Quote