wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
DurotarLord
User

Submissions (2)

DurotarLord has little to show at this moment (6)

Default Leaping Attack spell done in GUI

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Leaping Attack
The hero leaps through the air to a target location and comes crashing down dealing damage to enemy units.

Known Problems: Because this was made in GUI and not JASS if you order the blademaster to leap behind himself he will not land directly were he was ordered to land. This can be fixed by setting the following fields on the Blademaster to their default, however it will give the blademaster a slight lag before leaping:

1. Art - Animation - Blend Time (seconds)
2. Art - Animation - Cast Backswing
3. Art - Animation - Cast Point

If you use this in your map I would appreciate, but of course not require, credits.

Oh, and if you like the spell, rep me

Warning: This spell is not completely multistanceable. Only one unit per player can use this spell at a time for it to work properly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leaping Attack.JPG (245.6 KB, 1112 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Leaping Strike.w3x (23.1 KB, 711 views)

Last edited by DurotarLord : 09-05-2007 at 09:55 PM.
DurotarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

This is a good looking spell, I hope you take the time to fix it. The inaccuracy is unimportant, but the leaks and first cast lag would need to be fixed. 36 variables is also a little extreme and will not work for intra player multiinstancing, however, the rules do say that's fine. Although you could check out MindWorx's attached var hack, this would be a great opportunity to pick up JASS.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
DurotarLord
User

Submissions (2)

Ok ill be sure to fix those problems.
One question though, wat first cast lag? I must have missed that wen i was testing it.

Last edited by DurotarLord : 07-14-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

When you first use the spell, it lags as the effect is loaded into the game. You can fix this by creating/destroying the effects/abilities/units at start up or using the Preload native. Search the forums for more info.
Full multiinstanceability is now required. Check out attached vars and post in triggers and scripts if you need help.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
DurotarLord
User

Submissions (2)

If full multistancability is required then you might as well send this spell to the graveyard because the only way to fix it would require using JASS which destroys the purpose of it. However, i fixed and updated everything on the spell (including a couple errors i found myself) with the exception of lag the first time you use it. I wont be able to fix that until tomorrow sadly.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=81267
Old 07-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
DurotarLord
User

Submissions (2)

Ok ive fiannly fixed everything so far with the exception of making it fully multi stancable. I apalogize for how long this took, but i have spent the week at a place without internet acess and the only time i can ever get to the internet is at the library (which i havent been able to go to for a few days now).

Also, i read through the rules and guidelines section and it stated that "Your spell/system must be fully multiinstanceable, else it will not be approved. Exceptions can be made in special cases by the moderators." I was wondering if this could be an exception for one reason and one reason only: I made this spell because there are dozens of jass enhanced leaping attack spells out there. i wanted this to be a leaping attack spell that newbs that dont know JASS can use in their map! i dont want to have to use local variables to make it multi stancable and i also dont want it to be made using a special program that way anyone can use it in their map and they wont be forced to use a third party editor. anyways, if you cant make an exception in my case then i understand, it does say in the rules that my spell has to be fully multistancable after all.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #8
Meanie
User

Meanie is on a distinguished road (13)

Oh my fucking good^^ 36 variables(if this hasn't changed by now)! My entire map uses about 15 variables and that is CS and some other storage stuff!

What the heck s using 36 variables is it the multiplayer ability or all of the steps used?...i'm to lazy to download it too see for it myself
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #9
DurotarLord
User

Submissions (2)

24 variables. i found out 12 of them were uneeded. Heres wat there for:
First 12: One variable to store the casting unit for each player.
Second 12: One variable per player to store the distance between the casting unit and the target point of the leaping strike ability.

needless to say, if you dont want this ability to be multistancable it only needs 2 variables.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
Meanie
User

Meanie is on a distinguished road (13)

True but use Arrays then u only need two variables, no time to explain it atm, check a tut or something its really simple!
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #11
DurotarLord
User

Submissions (2)

crap, your right. i should have done that. *sigh* now i gotta go back and fix that.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #12
FatalError
User

FatalError has little to show at this moment (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanie
True but use Arrays then u only need two variables
Yeah, but if you use GameCache, you only need one variable. =D
FatalError is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #13
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

but gamecache is slower...
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #14
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

technically you could do gamecache with out any variables. you can reliably predict where the first handle is going to be in handle space and write that string directly in to your GC functions or via a constant function. just be sure to run InitGameCache() first thing in your init.

this is a stupid idea, but, you know, just saying.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:50 PM   #15
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Durotar Lord, You are awsome. Finally, somebody stands up for the little JASS newbs like me :D I haven't downloaded your spell, and sadly I don't plan to at this time, seeing as how I currently have no need for it... Plus I think its only for blademaster. If not, then I'll use it. But I must say, I congradulate you for your greatness. I never thought I would see the day that someone can say that you CAN do something in GUI! Thanks again, you rock.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote