wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
VGsatomi
User

Submissions (1)

VGsatomi is on a distinguished road (20)

Approved Map: Return of Alisia Dragoon

Default (1) Return of Alisia Dragoon

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Greetings, welcome to "Return of Alisia Dragoon!"

First and formost, the download is here:
Download Link

Screenshots are included below. It's a single player campaign built by me. Contains 6 Mission maps, 2 cinimatics maps, a boss/ending credits map and a bonus map.

Who is Alisa Dragoon?

"Alisia Dragoon" was a side-scrolling platform action game for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive released back in 1992. Being one of my personal favorites for that system, I decided to do bring justice to the series here in WC3. I tried to replicate as many aspects of the original as I could into this. Being its an action being converted to an RTS, naturually much of the original element is lost and new strategies take place.

Here was the story line for the original:

"As Baldour, the prince of all things evil, nears the end of his dormancy, the cocoon in which he rests is transported to Earth by his aide, Ornah. The world is still recovering from the devastating effects of Baldour's last visit.
Alisia Dragoon is the daughter of the magician who attempted to stop Baldour. When she was a child, Alisia's father was tortured to death before her very eyes. His final cries of agony ring in her ears even now. Inexplicably, Alisia's life was spared. She is now a woman with magical ability rivalling that of her father. "Baldour is going to wish he had killed me as well," she vows.

Alisia must find Ornah and the cocoon before Baldour awakens. Use her Thunder Magic to demolish enemies, and summon any one of the four friendly monsters to help you. If Baldour awakens before you can destroy the cocoon, there may be no tomorrow... "

The corse of the game naturually ends with Alisia defeating Baldour and restoring peace. My campiagn takes place a few years afterward. Alisia had retired to a secluded town where she hoped to live out her days in peace, but things carry on from there. The missions range from traditional RPG-style map to mini-game style, including AoS, air battles with arrow key movement, and 1 on 1 duels. The RPG maps are split into section, with each section guarded by a boss, who must be defeated in order to continue on.

The 4 pet monster helpers make a comeback. Some old, some new. Monsters can be toggled using the arrow keys. The monsters will follow the main character wherever she goes and offer their abilites, wether its attack, defense or restoration.

The download also contains a rom and emulator for the original Genesis version, for those who want to try it out. You can find out more about the original version here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD01.jpg
Views:	3899
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	5137Click image for larger version

Name:	AD02.jpg
Views:	2474
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	5138Click image for larger version

Name:	AD03.jpg
Views:	2799
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	5139Click image for larger version

Name:	AD04.jpg
Views:	3521
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	5140Click image for larger version

Name:	AD05.jpg
Views:	1687
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	5141

Name:	AD06.jpg
Views:	1675
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	5142Click image for larger version

Name:	AD07.jpg
Views:	1468
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	5143Click image for larger version

Name:	AD08.jpg
Views:	2741
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	5144Click image for larger version

Name:	AD09.jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	5145Click image for larger version

Name:	AD10.jpg
Views:	1805
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	5146

Name:	AD11.jpg
Views:	1507
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	5147Click image for larger version

Name:	AD12.jpg
Views:	1435
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	5148Click image for larger version

Name:	AD13.jpg
Views:	1425
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	5149

Thanks for trying out my campaign. Credits to all resourse makers are given during the ending credits.

-VGsatomi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ReturnOfAlisiaDragoon.jpg (30.9 KB, 1593 views)
VGsatomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-29-2006, 03:03 AM   #2
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

This is an awesome campaign.
BTW is this the latest vertion? cause I dont see my models in those screen captures
Old 05-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

The images are old, the file version is the most recent.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
alreadyused
User

Submissions (2)

alreadyused has little to show at this moment (1)

id say so far i like your work... however the cinematics are going way too fast for me to read
alreadyused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:56 AM   #5
CaptainPicard
User

Submissions (4)

CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)CaptainPicard will become famous soon enough (55)

Approved Map: The Story of the Norj'Hal Elves

I think that overall the work is quite good. However, I must agree that the cinematics are way too fast to read.

There are some minor issues with doodads, such as Rocks that aren't properly levelled with the ground (in the prologue, as the camera climbs the hill) and throughout at least the first map, which I played (I can walk through lots of moss-covered rocks).

I like the spider models and skins very much--can I find the source easily by looking on your credits?
CaptainPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #6
Meai
User

Submissions (3)

Meai has little to show at this moment (1)

Extremely difficult, I dont know, probably Im just too stupid, but when I played this I died after the first 2 encounters. Without cheats I couldnt even see the path were to go on, without searching forever. I played Blizzard Campaigns on Normal and they were NO problem. Why is this different? Ask urself.
Meai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
Rodrosrol
User

Rodrosrol has little to show at this moment (0)

Great information
Rodrosrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:53 AM   #8
Mythrius
User

Mythrius has little to show at this moment (0)

I have to say that I didnt like it and in fact deleted the campaign.

There were a few things at the mapdesign which should be changed. For example: I attacked the spider guards, which were my allies in the 1st mission. 1st mistake here is that I am allowed to do this and nothing happens at all and 2nd that I even got some gold when I destroyed one of their tents.

Also the story was bothering me. It's just outdated to tell 'a kingdom...' bla 'long ago' etc.
I know you're following a storyline but that's not interesting for the player. The action counts. So that's why I deleted it finally. Besides the mistakes of the design the enemies I could finally fight were this hard that I had to WAIT for manaregen of my priest & hero. (Also I was to greedy to spend some money on some more soldiers :p)

So all in all it was a bad start and it didnt get better. I didnt even complete the 1st mission because the waiting sucked and I didnt want to switch a cheat on to play the map without...

And... the skills of the hero were strange in some way. They dont work good together.
Mythrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #9
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)

Send a message via MSN to zen87

Good stuffs :
- I really really really loved those creature models
- Nice cinematics, sadly the word go so fast as i have no time sight seeing the cool enviroment in the cinematics
- Overall good story line, thought it is outdated stuff as said by Mythrius about those *long ago* bla bla *a kingdom* bla bla

Poor stuffs :
- EXTREAMLY boring... the first mission i died few times, and it starting to freak me off and just typed whosyourdaddy
- Really lack of works on the main heroes, for almost 10 campaign mission, we use the same old tard over and over and over again... also, the items are from wc3, which is... nothing new...
- On the middle of playing, i was thinking : "wtf im playing ?"

-----

well it is kinda sad with all those good models it turn out to be a boring game overall...
Old 11-09-2006, 12:21 AM   #10
Relyte
User

Relyte has little to show at this moment (0)

In case anyone cares, there's a spelling mistake in the second to last pic. It should be fought, not faught.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #11
flanco
User

flanco has little to show at this moment (0)

Default 13 levels - 60 M - still got stuck!?!?

Hello,

I'm playing this version of return of alisia dragoon, 60 mega, 13 levels. In first level, after defeating the orc warlord (the base just before the mutant bat) i got the message "u can continue to next area", the exit gate from this encampent went down, but the one at the entrance of the encampent with the bat remained up, and i cannot continue. Any idea?
Also, any idea how to skip the looooooooooooooooong introductions? are REALY borring.
flanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #12
Aphotic
User

Aphotic has little to show at this moment (2)

Send a message via Yahoo to Aphotic

whoaaaaa its 60 MB i think its too big but any way thanks ON THE HARD WORK!!!! blizzard WC PATCH is not 60 MB
Fame:Aphotic, Race:U-N-D-E-A-D, Locus:Planet Earth, Tint:Gray, PIN:7, Figure:Near Ugly, Skill:Brain Saping, Ascribe:Death Knight, Hated Enemy:Elves, Favorit Ally:None, Favorit Weapon:Scythe, Pleased:None, Diety:Monotheism (Submission to God (ALONE)).
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #13
darkchaos11
User

darkchaos11 has little to show at this moment (0)

Well this is what i thought anout this. The PROS were 1. I pretty liked the story, auctually the only reason i auctually played was because of the STORY. 2. The models were excellent and went with the game. 3. I really liked the scorpion level were you were on the water and you were on the scopion and shot lightning bolts. Except make the lightning go faster, it kinda has a cooldown. The CONS were 1. REALLY REPEATATIVE, like you finnaly get to the end of the hill and then she says "oh, i frgot sumthing" then u have to go down the hill (10 mins) get the thing, then go to the hill again(another 10 mins.) 2. No custom spells, the only custom ones were the lock on lightning and i think another one(dont remember). 3. You always have the SAME chahracter with the SAME abilities. It gets kind of boring. You only get to use bout 1-2 other chars and even THEY dont have CUSTOM skills. 4. Not even custom items......5.I merely kept playing cause i wanted to see what happens next. 6. The game is a little hard and confusing. 7. You can't even skip the cinematic, and it exceptionally boring of you die and you have to WATCH it AGAIN. 8. DO i have to say any MORE?!?!

Last edited by darkchaos11 : 05-08-2007 at 09:17 PM.
darkchaos11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #14
+Gears0fGuilt+
User

+Gears0fGuilt+ has little to show at this moment (0)

So how do you guys play this game? It looks good and it !!PAWNZ!! my other RPGs!

And btw, 61.6 MB!!!??? That may PAWN my RPG for sure!

Are you alone in this project!?

Last edited by +Gears0fGuilt+ : 05-23-2007 at 08:52 AM.
+Gears0fGuilt+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #15
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

The campaign was good over all and there arnt very many finished campaigns out there that are acculy playable and interesting. This one was interesting and sort of playable. There was many good things in this campaign. In general the models fit in well and were all of good quality. The air ship was a very good example of this and was pretty cool even though it looked like u just gave it a bunch of atatchment points and put stuff on. The story was fine but the whole "Arch bad guy comes back" is way over used. The terrain was also good. Now for the bad things or the things i didnt like:

-Dificulty-
The maps were far far to hard. I couldnt even complete the first level (granted i didnt try very long). I would get killed by any creep groups with more then 8-10 units in them, especialy if they had a green demoness, and i couldnt beat the first (i think its first, the middile one with no boss any way) encampment and ended up having to leave my guys out side and run around with Alisia inside trying to burn all hte buildings down and i still coudlnt do that after 3 or 4 trys. I then saw dead ppl and was amazed at the amount of enemys and how strong they were. There definatly needs to be a difficulty setting or decrease the amount of enemy units/make it so you can get more. That was the other problem, you couldnt get very many units at the beggingin and either you couldnt get or couldnt get very many later on. As far as i can tell there are 3 1/2 -4 1/2 beatablt levels, those being, the villager rescure level, which i beat with 2-3 mintues to spare and 10 or so villagers to spare, the DotA level which you didnt have to do any thing on, but i attacked and got killed by a tower, maybe the cave level, and half the fortress attack level.

-Models-
The thing that really really anoyed me the most about the models was Alisia's portarit's cheeks, they were round and shiny and didnt fit the rest of her at all. They made her look kinda chuby and like an 8 yr old. Another model that didnt really fit was the green demoness one, it didnt seem very "orchish". The skin was fine but the model didnt really match.

-Abilitys-
The abilitys werent very good, all but one that i rember were normal and entierly non-custom. The only custom one was the "lock-on" or somthing ability and all that happened with that is u decreased the number of targets, changed the damage (i think), the projectile, and the icon, and i think you used a skin for the icon. While thats not the end of the world and ive seen much worse before, it didnt look very good but at least you didnt use active buttons for pasive abilitys. The abilitys also tended not the fit the carachter and were to weak for the enemys you had to fight, this was especialy noticeable with Tau. While im on her, id like to mention that her "bladestorn" was aful, i dont know if its becaseu she dosnt have any attachmetn points or what, but ud use it and nothing would seem to happen. Ud have to check the enemys health to see if it did any thing and it was afully weak. The fact that abilitys only went up to level 3 didnt help either because it ment that you could never get them powerful enough to be able to do any more then moderate damage.

-Triggers-
I noticed a few bugs, one of which really ruined the flying level. Every time i retryed i'd get in a bit and to some point (it wasnt the same point) and id do something (it may have been trying to attack when i thought i wasnt moving) and suddenly Alisia would turn around and fly back to the start and all i could do was make her turn a bit. There were some others but i dont rember them.

There was some other stuff but i cant think of it now. i might post it later if i think of it but ill probably end up being to lazy to.
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote