wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #436
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Install wc3 correctly or look for the registry fixer tool which is in this very same forum
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #437
RaptorTeak
User

RaptorTeak has little to show at this moment (3)

Yeah, Nice tool, thank you, great job ;).

Just one thing (dunno if it has already been asked, but I don't have the strenght to look at 29 pages, and the search function is a little sucky) :
This is what I get when I combine abilities (or buffs, same bug) to another map : http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bug1fq.jpg (it's the same with WE Unlimited Editor)

As you can see, names have a bunch of useless informations, and they need to get renamed manually. But It makes the same for : Tooltips, descriptions, hotkeys (yes, it adds a bunch of 20 caracters in the hotkey part xD)....

Could you fix it, or is it "normal" ?

Thanks in advance :).

Last edited by RaptorTeak : 02-27-2006 at 11:48 AM.
RaptorTeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #438
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

The merging is incredibly incredibly bugged, sometimes it fails to alter units of the same raw-code and in game you could have a footmen with the name ghoul or something. Honestly it's sorta freaky it might even be exploitable, in 1 instance I had a building turn into a hero, (with the EXP bar and proper names and everything) but it still had the command card of a building (no order options, no abilities, just the items/units).

Actually I think I see whats wrong, you see the rawcode of 1 unit is

h000

the other is

H000

I'm guessing your program doesn't recognize caps or something but WE does and ends up with some very messed up stuff.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:44 AM   #439
Lordbevan2

Hey, can i know if u can increase the number of tiles u can use? I am making a map with diff climates, thus i need a lot of tiles. 4 more tiles to make it 20 tiles?

Also, can u increase the number of doodads limit?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:12 AM   #440
Vixcan

Hmmm, always wondered, this maybe a bit off topic, but whats the WEU Pro?
Ive been wondering for about 2 years now. And i could never find it either.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:21 PM   #441
Zoxc
( ~)>

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)

Vixcan: Don't think it exists. Unless PitzerMike just make a Pro version for fun, but I doubt it.

Lordbevan2: Use WE-No-Limits for doodad limit.

Last edited by Zoxc : 03-15-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Zoxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #442
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

@RaptorTeaks and Taur: Wow, nice screenie. Indeed the merging is crap and bugged, anyway I can't really fix it because I don't have the source code of the old program. I think I'll add merging capabilities to the renamer tool I'm working on.

@Lordbevan: 16 tiles is the absolute maximum. For the doodads use We-NoLimits as suggested.

@Vixcan: Yea, there's still a typo somewhere in the documentation, you found the easteregg!!! :)
Old 04-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #443
grupoapunte
User

grupoapunte has little to show at this moment (3)

I have a question about the usage of WEU:

I want to use WEU to make an online RPG for WC3 TFT but only to be able to have a bigger map 480x480 (max WEU size as far as i know) and i wont use advanced triggers, well this are my questions:

1. can it be done? i mean making it online, ppl will be able to download from bnet and play like in a WE map right?

2. my team of map makers (in fact we are 3 but im the only one who is good with triggers) is going to make the landscape and i want to know if they can use normal WE to make it, i mean ill give them a map of 480x480, will they be able to edit that map in WE without problems? (i dont want to truble them by making them to learn how to use WEU)

3. if i want to ad more tiles than the normal alowed by WE can it still be editable in WE and playable online without any kind of patch?

As u can see my biggest concern is compatibility.

Thanks.
grupoapunte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #444
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Yes, 480x480 as well as additional tiles work with the normal WE too. Simply use the WEU Enhancer to create your map, then go on using ordinary WE.
That means it doesn't have any online problems, well in fact none of the WEU features cause online problems any more.

However when you want to edit map properties of a 480 x 480 map (eg description, author, camera bounds ...) you need the need the No-Limits patch running in the background, otherwise WE will pop up a message tellung you the map is too big.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #445
grupoapunte
User

grupoapunte has little to show at this moment (3)

hi, well i did what u told me about making the map with WEU, i only made the map with normal tileset and 480x480, and no adv triggers, but when i go look fot the map in the folder it has 8.804 kb, this is on purpose? after that if i open with normal WE and save as the map is 104 kb, i should be fine with that right? i mean the map will keep all the aditional info provided by WEU (map size and custom tilesets (in case i use them))

Thanks
grupoapunte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #446
SomeGuy333
User

Submissions (1)

SomeGuy333 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grupoapunte
hi, well i did what u told me about making the map with WEU, i only made the map with normal tileset and 480x480, and no adv triggers, but when i go look fot the map in the folder it has 8.804 kb, this is on purpose? after that if i open with normal WE and save as the map is 104 kb, i should be fine with that right? i mean the map will keep all the aditional info provided by WEU (map size and custom tilesets (in case i use them))

Thanks
the reason it saves so large is because it doesn't compress any of the data if you save with that.
SomeGuy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #447
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grupoapunte

Thanks

Yes, that's ok.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:40 PM   #448
cfmonkey45
User

cfmonkey45 has little to show at this moment (1)

Default MY map crashes whenever i load it

Whenever i load my map it gets have way in the loading screen then crashes, and is only with my map created by your editor and my friend says that its because i used WEU. so i kinda wanna know how i can fix it.
cfmonkey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #449
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

You have a script error in line number 736 of your map script.

EDIT: I hope you get the message.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #450
desmasic
User

desmasic is on a distinguished road (15)

Any new features.. maybe that new interface you were working on planned for next release? (or is there going to be a new release at all?)