wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
BloodStorm2262
User

BloodStorm2262 has little to show at this moment (2)

Idea |Nexolude| Single Player Campaign, 18 Maps (3 Cinematics, 14 Levels, 1 Mini-Game)

Just to lay out a little outline for heroes, units, and items(will be updated)...

Hero-
Level Max: 99 (Enemies May Be Higher)
Strength Max: 500
Dexterity Max: 500
Willpower Max: 500
Inventory:
{1 to 2 Weapon Slots
1 Armor Slot
1 Helmet Slot
2 Misc Slots} {On Hero)
3 Potions (Text Input 1-3)
1-6 Purchasable Bags Adding Seperate Space (Seperate Caches, Start with 3 slot)

[Stats have significantly lower effects, and enemies become significantly stronger than in Wc3]

Levels-
Types:
Cinematic: Mostly or completely watched level, if playable often feature different features of gameplay than normal.

Gather: Get <X> amount of item <Y>.

GatherS: Get <X> amount of item <Y> within amount of time <Z>.

Destroy: Kill <X> amount of unit <Y>.

DestroyS: Kill <X> amount of unit <Y> within amount of time <Z>.

Reach: Get to area <X>.

ReachS: Get to area <X> within amount of time <Y>.

Survive: Survive for amount of time <X>.

Grow: Create/Build/Get-to-level <X>.

GrowS: Create/Build/Get-to-level <X>.

Special: Achieve a special goal.

Units-
Types:
Humanoid:
Living unit featuring a developed brain and language/communication.

Beast:
Living unit featuring only simple instincts and no advance communications.

Unliving:
Undead/ressurected unit, once killed cannot be revived again.

NPC:
Non-playable-character one of a kind unit, able to gain levels and stats.

Epic:
Mini-boss one of a kind unit, able to gain levels and stats, drops Epic Items.

Legendary:
Boss one of a kind unit, able to gain levels and stats, drops Legendary Items.

Ethereal:
Not living or unliving unit, only damaged by enchanted(+) weapons and magic.

Mercenary:
Hired living or unliving unit, able to gain levels and stats, self-controlled.

Structure:
Building, its that simple.

Neutral:
Un-allied unit, not enemy or ally.
(Appear under the units name, the attack and defense types are not yet finalized)

Items:
Units always carry the items the will drop, and droppings are realisticly based upon the unit. (Wolves drop pelts/teeth that can be sold)

Items-
Types:
(First name is purchased, second is fiound)
Cheap or Common:
Items purchased at vendors or found on low level creeps, no enchantments.

Trade or Uncommon:
Items purchased at merchants or found on creeps, little to no enchantments.

Craft or Rare:
Items purchased at craftsmen or found on creeps, almost always enchanted.

Unique or Epic:
Items purchased from elite craftsmen or found on Epic creeps.

Artifact or Legendary:
Items purchased from NPC craftsmen or found on Legendary creeps.
(Appear at the bottom of info)

Ok after getting that out of the way, I'll explain a few more things than say whats needed...
The game plays throughout it with a single hero, mercenary heros are purchasable (they are always half your level and you don't control them, they follow you though) in the manner of a normal "click-to-play RPG" and will feature a completely new spell system... Nearly every part of the original game will be modified, and new systems will be added (to the entire campaign). There are twists, turns, and flips throughout the storyline and the main character himself is one of the biggest parts of the mystery... You don't find out who he really is until the middle of the game. And the levels (order, objectives, starting position, bosses) will be based on your choices on previous levels.
There's a few innovative features I don't want to release yet, so those who want to know more will have to wait until the first beta test (or join the team).

Ok getting to the recruiting part, here's what we need done...

(Multi-tasking is allowed and encouraged)
Team:
Artwork:
-Concepts (Erwtenpeller)
-Units (Erwtenpeller)
-Maps (Erwtenpeller)
-Models (Jigrael)
-Animations (Jigrael
-Skins (Erwtenpeller)
-Icons
-Loading Screens

Other:
-Terrains (Mavus?)
-Beta Tests (Nighty_Elven; DeaD_MeN_WalkiN)
-Voices
-Websites/Forums

I will be personally doing all the triggers, unit and spell-creating, cinematics, balancing, and scripting. For all members of the team, I will release the entire storline (not level outline) and start a free-web site(Private to members) with their assignments... They would give me reports (at their own rates) of their work including screenshots, sent to an email adress I'll be making exclusively for this [this is until we get a forum/site with a forum]. I'll specify which projects can be public and which cannot... To join reply in this thread with a screenshot, link, or download of their previous work and say what they want to do (all you want to do).
[If you can't read something just highlight it]

Last edited by BloodStorm2262 : 03-18-2006 at 03:14 AM.
BloodStorm2262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:16 AM   #2
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

How comes you want it single player?

Sorry, I just need 2 know
Old 01-14-2006, 02:16 AM   #3
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Double post
Old 01-14-2006, 02:22 AM   #4
BloodStorm2262
User

Well multiplayer series like this would be online, would require a whole new loading code with over 100 items and a seperate set of triggers for each player... Aside from that, and the size/lag, is that this features a storyline I've previously written (being modified to fit the game better) with only one playable character. I want this to feature the storyline I had written, to make it multiplayer would modify and/or ruin it... But that doesn't mean multiplayer maps won't be released with the campaign (featuring characters and terrain from the single player campaign).

Interested in helping?
Old 01-14-2006, 02:34 AM   #5
BloodStorm2262
User

Also note:

MTG PWNS
Old 01-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #6
Deitri
User

Submissions (4)

Deitri is on a distinguished road (14)

Send a message via MSN to Deitri

Well
I can help in Triggering & Cinematic, little Mapping and Ideias.
If you have MSN, send it to me by PM.
So we can discuss more about the Project.
Okay?
Deitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #7
BloodStorm2262
User

Here's what was said in the previous post...

Erwtenpeller Said:
you sure made work of this post... i am interuiged. Tell me, are you goiung for any kind of graphical style in particulair, or will it remail verry warcraft III styled in looks? (wich is what i am assuming)

BloodStorm2262 Said:
Graphically I'm actually aiming more towards richer, stronger colors and deeper tones of shading. Hmmm intrigued, does that mean interested, in turn meaning thinking of joining? Or just wondering about it.

Examples:
1 (Actually exactly what I'm looking for, and I'm not just saying that)
<1,2,3 have links where they were posted>

I'm completely aware that this style has a larger file size than a standard Wc3 skin, but the game not playing as an RTS will reduce the amount of units seen on a screen at once (player will rarely actually control over 3 units) and because of their size/model sizes I've been thinking about; if we recieve enough members and support; converting over to a mod allowing us to eliminate the unused models/skins from the Mod's MPQ.

Tiki Said:
Rofl its his skin, as number one.

Nighty_Elven Said:
Hmm...
I can do some beta-testing and concept (ideas i assume) work if you want.

BloodStorm2262 Said:
Tiki, I've been going to this site since 2000 or so... That skin is my favorite out of any I've seen, I didn't even notice it was his (or remember) until I found it again. It looks exactly how I want for the mod, and isn't as large as most of the others in that style.
Also, Erwtenpeller and Jacinthe have been my favorite artists (on wc3c) since I saw their art.

Nightly_Elven do you mean concept art? I don't really need any concept ideas, but you can beta test... I just need a terrainer so I can start making the levels.

Captain Griffen Said:
What have you done so far? That's the key question.

Fulla Said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
What have you done so far? That's the key question.

Agreed =D

BloodStorm2262 Said:
Well I already am able to do all of the systems I have planned, I've begun work on each of them already and they all so far are easily implimented into any map... Some more so than others but still easy. I need a terrainer to begin work on the actual campaign, but I already have working versions (as I said) of pretty-much everything that I can do at this point.

Ex/

Have a fully functioning version of one of the yet-to-be-announced systems.
Have a beta version of the item slot system (not many items have been made yet, but they will be easily added) (potions and bags are yet to be done).
Have a beta version of the attack/defense types (not fully balanced, or finalized names).
Have a fully functioning version of the "spell tree".
Have an early beta of the attribute system (nearly completely different from Wc3)
Have begun work on the mercenary system.

Can't begin work on the actual campaign itself, until I get atleast a single terrainer... Had a thread in challenge area of terrain forum, but got removed countless times because you have to PM Punisher it first.

And furthermore, its not what have I done... But what will I do.

Anitarf Said:
If you're looking for a team, you should post this in the team gathering forum... oh, I see you already did. Well, in that case, everybody go there<originally had a link to this thread>.

~>THREAD CLOSED<~

Ok for future people posting here, specify if you want to help out... And what EXACT job you want to help with...

Ex/
Teh Good:
Hey BloodStorm2262, I think this sounds awesome. I want to help out with skinning, concept art, and terraining.
Teh Bad:
Hey BloodStorm2262, I think this sounds awesome. Do you want to have a huge bannanna split with me later? Maybe I can do some shtuff.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:22 AM   #8
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

I'm busy with both school and my own mod... but i'm in. If you picked one of my skins as an example for the perfect skin, i feel i should ^^.

I'd be skinning, maybe drawing some stuff as well.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #9
BloodStorm2262
User

Glad to hear it, take your time... No rush as theirs yet to be terrainers. I will start sending you emails with assignments, and beta's of the systems and units. I have all the units needed for the first level (cinematic) already explained so expect the list sent by tommorow, and like I said theres no rush so take your time and push um to the side for now if you want. The only skins you'll be able to do are the ones based on models in Wc3, which are specified (and which model they're based on).
And just for a last word, this is a crazy-ass high honor for me to have you working on this!
Old 01-16-2006, 03:01 AM   #10
johnfn
Taur is... MY SISTER!!!

Respected User

Submissions (3)

johnfn has a spectacular aura about (129)

Send a message via AIM to johnfn

Out of curiousity, how would I/whoever wanted to apply to this project know that you have the project leading skills to finish it?

It sounds good, although a little over amibitious.

Taur: btw dun tell anyone but I bribed the wc3c admins with a life supply of packaged peanuts to host UL ^^

Taur | Unsung Legends says:
guess what blade?
Blade.dk says:
JOHN IS YO BRO!

johnfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:50 PM   #11
BloodStorm2262
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deitri
Well
I can help in Triggering & Cinematic, little Mapping and Ideias.
If you have MSN, send it to me by PM.
So we can discuss more about the Project.
Okay?

Ok, didn't notice this post... But to set a couple things straight, by mapping do you mean terraining?

I will be personally doing all the triggers, maybe you can help out with the cinematics (I rarely do them), we don't really need any more ideas, but we do DEFINETLY need terrain (hopefully what you meant by mapping).
Old 01-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #12
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Thumbs up

Looks great..I'll gladly do some beta testing.
also was wondering hows the camera mode (3rd person etc...) and are the camera modes selectable.

EDIT: seeing that i have 3 posts just to remind u i used to be in this site long ago..(during what i call Account Boom due to me making mass akas) i forgot the username and the pass in nov 2005 where i tried accessing (im saying this so u dont think im newbie to wc3 and dont know anything that might help in testing ) -.-
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #13
Deitri
User

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodStorm2262
Ok, didn't notice this post... But to set a couple things straight, by mapping do you mean terraining?

I will be personally doing all the triggers, maybe you can help out with the cinematics (I rarely do them), we don't really need any more ideas, but we do DEFINETLY need terrain (hopefully what you meant by mapping).
Yea, i mean Terraining =P
I can do the Cinematics too :D
And i said "Little Mapping" becuz im not PRO!1!1!1!! in Terraining, but also, not an FuckTard :p
Old 01-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #14
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Me think this won't be finished.

What is there to make me think this will be finished?
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #15
Deitri
User

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
Me think this won't be finished.

What is there to make me think this will be finished?
And..What is there to make you think that this wont be finished?
lol