wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Personal User Projects > Vexorian Spells and Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 01:20 AM   #1
Eeporgorg
User

Eeporgorg has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via AIM to Eeporgorg

Ok. I did every single step of the implementation, making sure everything was correct. I made my trigger, tried to test it, and I get an error called "expected a name" The line of jass is the line of custom code, but I know that can't be the problem, because I copied the custom code for the 'Grenade' spell(Through Copy + Past action), and it had the same error.

Just incase some how this is the code's fault, here it is.

Custom script: call ProjectileLaunchDamageLoc( GetOwningPlayer(udg_Caster), "Abilities\\Weapons\\PhoenixMissile\\Phoenix_Missile_mini.mdl", 522, 0, udg_CasterPoint, 100, udg_TargetPoint, 0, 50,200,false)

(NOTE: The blank space between the "Missil" and "e" in the model path is not there, it's just a bug in the forums.)

Please help, Lord Vexorian.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:30 PM   #2
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by EePoRgOrG
Ok. I did every single step of the implementation, making sure everything was correct. I made my trigger, tried to test it, and I get an error called "expected a name" The line of jass is the line of custom code, but I know that can't be the problem, because I copied the custom code for the 'Grenade' spell(Through Copy + Past action), and it had the same error.

Just incase some how this is the code's fault, here it is.

Custom script: call ProjectileLaunchDamageLoc( GetOwningPlayer(udg_Caster), "Abilities\\Weapons\\PhoenixMissile\\Phoenix_Missile_mini.mdl", 522, 0, udg_CasterPoint, 100, udg_TargetPoint, 0, 50,200,false)

(NOTE: The blank space between the "Missil" and "e" in the model path is not there, it's just a bug in the forums.)

Please help, Vexorian.
Could be anything, I need to see the complete trigger, also could be that the Caster variable you are using is misspelt or something like that
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 08-30-2004, 07:30 PM   #3
Eeporgorg
User

I think I figured it out. This happened with an earlier version of the caster system, too. I think you get problems if you use the word "Caster" as a unit variable. I changed it to find the direct location of the casting unit, and it works fine, now.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:33 PM   #4
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

that doesn't have any sense, so your problem was something else, I think you just misspelt the variable name
Faster != more useful
Old 08-30-2004, 07:35 PM   #5
Eeporgorg
User

That could be, but it isn't a coincedence that 2 different maps, time periods, but the same name "Caster" screw up the jass.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:39 PM   #6
Eeporgorg
User

God, I am the dumbest man on earth.Lord Vexorian, please give me negative rep, I figured out what happened.

Everytime I tried testing it, the custom script reset. So if I fixed 1 error, it would make it an error again. So "CasterPoint" was supposed to be "CastPoint"

I feel a little embarrased for calling your system faulty, when it was my stupidity all along :(

Rep for you, just for putting up with me.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:40 PM   #7
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

it is a coincidence, because JASS isn't alchemy, having a variable that isn't used by the functions can't affect them
Faster != more useful
Closed Thread