wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 09:19 PM   #1
Tearsong
User

Tearsong has little to show at this moment (0)

Alright, I've been working on a cinematic project for some time now, but am having some major issues with the camera.

At times in the WE I can get the camera to 'barely' move in a sense. When I right click and move the mouse, it doesnt sway, it is more of a panning motion.

I need this effect, but can only achieve it whilst the camera is next to inclining terrain, and have no idea if I can trigger this openly in the editor, when the camera is in a flattish field.

I'm sure some of you Cine guru's know the answer (I hope).

Help. emote_confused
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-02-2003, 11:35 PM   #2
Nuladion
User

Nuladion is on a distinguished road (10)

I think you locked the cam to the game camera!
This way, you can only pan it, and not do anything else that you cant normally do in War3 itself!

To go into 'free' mode, hit "C"!
That should do it!

-- Nuladion --
Old 04-03-2003, 01:26 AM   #3
Iron_Ian
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)

You might have zoomed the camera in really far. This will make it so that you move very slowly. Your best to restart WE if this is the case.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:16 AM   #4
Insaniteus
User

Respected User

Insaniteus is on a distinguished road (11)

I don't think anyone understood your question lol.

I THINK you were asking about how to make the camera move slowly in one direction without the origin moving, sort of like a First person veiw. I've had ALOT of trouble doing this actually, and the best Idea I have to to lock the camera on to an invisible unit and then order him to move lol.

-Insaniteus-
Old 04-03-2003, 10:28 AM   #5
Tearsong
User

Tearsong has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally posted by Insaniteus
I don't think anyone understood your question lol.

I THINK you were asking about how to make the camera move slowly in one direction without the origin moving, sort of like a First person veiw. I've had ALOT of trouble doing this actually, and the best Idea I have to to lock the camera on to an invisible unit and then order him to move lol.

-Insaniteus-

That is exactly my question! :ggani: I don't want it actually be a first person camera, but it is low to the ground and moves around, watching a couple marines fall back.

I'll try your idea, thank you very much.

Thanks everyone else also!
Closed Thread