wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
CyberWing89
User

CyberWing89 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default TSOF

Originally Posted by CyberWing89
The Shadow of Falconreach - Development by me (CyberWing89)/There isn't really a team, just me./Don't have a Beta yet./No release yet.
~ CyberWing89

Summary:
I've been working on a map project called The Shadow of Falconreach.
It's a RPG map. And I do have some experience with making them as I had another project before this one, but it didn't seem to go anywhere, so I started TSOF (originally called "The Shadow") about 2-3 weeks ago (compared to when I made this thread) and this time it's going really well.

Features:

Map type: RPG
Players: Probably SP (migt get too big for MP), not sure yet.
World type: Open-world
Map size: 224x160
Tileset: Modified Lordearon Summer

Backstory (so far):
Hidden information:
You begin in a city called Falconwing, the capital city of the kingdom of Falconreach.

It's not much, but it has some room for flexibility and ideas.

Pictures:
Pictures

Falconwing Trade District

Zoom (requires log in)

The path to Windy Valley

Zoom (requires log in)

A walk in the forest

Zoom (requires log in)

Falconwing City Overview

Zoom (requires log in)

Team:
CyberWing89 - Project lead, everything else too

Progress:
Recently started.
Working on:
-Falconwing(city)
-Bosses
-Terraining
-Adding areas
-Items
-Everything

Misc.:
I only have RoC, planning on getting TFT when I complete the campaign.
I have another thread here on The Hive.
I'd appreciate any feedback! Thanx!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-03-11_00004.jpg (213.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-03-11_00012.jpg (138.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-03-11_00008.jpg (157.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg FalconwingOverviewWithRoads.JPG (796.5 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by CyberWing89 : 03-16-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Map info
CyberWing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
Phoxwell
User

Phoxwell has little to show at this moment (0)

I would highly recommend getting TFT asap for mapmaking. You can modify so much more with it that it's just silly. Custom doodads, abilities, etc.

The other advice I would have has to do with terraining. Right now you have pretty unvaried tile usage, particularly in the Trade District picture. I can't tell as much in the others. Try using a different tile to make roads or something. You also want to likely add more doodads; right now it looks very empty, particularly with the camera angle you're using.
Phoxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
CyberWing89
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxwell
I would highly recommend getting TFT asap for mapmaking. You can modify so much more with it that it's just silly. Custom doodads, abilities, etc.
To not name the import manager. The only import function the RoC editor has is for sound/music. And yes I should probably buy it soon.
Quote:
The other advice I would have has to do with terraining. Right now you have pretty unvaried tile usage, particularly in the Trade District picture. I can't tell as much in the others. Try using a different tile to make roads or something.
I've only done roads/paths in the forest, mostly because of the limited tile set sizes. I have a full tile set already and I use most of the tiles. When I get TFT I should probably get one of the WE mods allowing for bigger tilesets. I only have the Brick(unbuildable) texture in the city. As for the desert (where the path to Windy Valley is) I only use the Rough Dirt texture. The only texture I don't use as of now is the Rock(unbuildable) texture. Might be good for roads or to switch out for better roads? Btw, I'll go try that.
Quote:
You also want to likely add more doodads; right now it looks very empty, particularly with the camera angle you're using.
If you mean the trade district picture the most southern part of the city has no houses yet, mostly because I want another roof color for them. Yet another reason to get TFT. Btw, I'll post an overview of Falconwing City in the main post.

EDIT: Just looked at the screenshot. You don't see the southern part. Anyways, I'll upload the overview.

Last edited by CyberWing89 : 03-14-2014 at 02:44 PM.
CyberWing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

What tiles are you using? In a lot of cases, you can drop a lot of the 'size 2' tiles in favor of more 'size 1' tiles to get a larger variety of them.

And when you do get tft, there's always this (which I've found very helpful in the past): http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p...81#post1126781

Last edited by Shade987 : 03-14-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Shade987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
CyberWing89
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade987
What tiles are you using? In a lot of cases, you can drop a lot of the 'size 2' tiles in favor of more 'size 1' tiles to get a larger variety of them.

And when you do get tft, there's always this (which I've found very helpful in the past): http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p...81#post1126781
I use these textures:
Tiles

Dirt (cliff) (2)
Rough Dirt (2)
Grassy Dirt (2)
Grass (cliff) (2)
Brick (Unbuildable) (1)
Snow (2)
Round Tiles (Unbuildable) (1)

As far as I know I use every one of them. Tho I have one tile space left, so I can add another size one tile.