wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
CyberWing89
User

CyberWing89 has little to show at this moment (0)

Question Can't open screenshots (solved)

I didn't know where to post this, and it didn't seem off-topic either, so I posted it here.

Anyways, i can't get the screenshots folder to show up in the usual windows explorer, just when I browse with MPQ editor, and I can't copy the files anywhere else either, because windows can't find the folder so it'll just say that it can't find the file when I try to paste it.

Is there any way to fix this?

Note: I already have a program that can open up (and even export) TGA files, I just need to get them there.

EDIT:
The actual problem here is that I can't view some files and folders related to WC3 in the windows file explorer. I can do so in MPQ editor, but I can't open it in any other program that i know of.

Last edited by CyberWing89 : 03-13-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Solved
CyberWing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

That's weird, what operating system are you using? For me, the screenshots are easily accessible in the Screenshots subfolder of my main WC3 folder.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
CyberWing89
User

Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
That's weird, what operating system are you using? For me, the screenshots are easily accessible in the Screenshots subfolder of my main WC3 folder.

I'm using windows 8. It's basically windows 7 with some fancy extras.

Btw, I'll try to copy/paste it entirely using the MPQ editor, and see how that works out.

EDIT:
Well, it didn't work as I can't see the file in the windows explorer or open it in a program even when it is in a folder that both the file explorer and the picture editing program can read. Tho, there is one other way that I may be able to get the picture. I'll try that now.

EDIT 2:
Didn't work either. The theory was that I could copy/paste the file via a LAN network to another computer, and then copy/paste it back to mine. (I have sent a WC3 object data file this way, and it appeared in the file explorer on the other computer, so I thought is could fix this too) It could have worked, but this time I couldn't get into the other computer's file system because of some security block i couldn't find, both ways. So unless I figure out how I got it right the last time I need another solution.

Last edited by CyberWing89 : 03-11-2014 at 07:09 PM.
CyberWing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
CyberWing89
User

Idea FIXED!

FIXED!

I'll simply take the pictures using steam. Looked it up on a forum.

Anyways, thanx alot Anitarf +1rep.