wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
dabest2503
User

dabest2503 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Removing and adding abilities bugs issued orders

I found out that when an ability is removed and have another added to the same unit, the unit will complete its current issued orders prior to the removing/adding of abilities, unless the stop command is given. This causes smart orders (right-clicks) to be ignored during the issued order prior to the triggering, and will only be carried out after said issued orders are completed.

Is there a way to work around this without having to trigger in a stop issue? I want to be able to have a unit walk smoothly when an ability based off Fan of Knives (one that does not interrupt issued orders) is cast, triggering the Remove/Adding of other abilities without causing the bug.
dabest2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
chobibo
100% Genuine Retard!

chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)

Send a message via Yahoo to chobibo

You could use a dummy unit to cast the fan of knives on the unit's current position.
chobibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
dabest2503
User

My point was not to cast fan of knives, it was just a dummy ability to trigger other things, but since fan of knives does not interrupt issued orders, I used it, just as I would use Windwalk, Divine Shield etc. But this removing and adding of abilities is causing the bug, which I want to get rid of.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

What are the abilities you're adding/removing during the cast?
Fledermaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #5
dabest2503
User

One ability is based off fan of knives, another based off windwalk. I could attach a demo map demonstrating this bug. Will be up soon.

Edit: Not sure how to attach the map here, so here's a link to the map below.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/download....13394977532348

Last edited by dabest2503 : 11-30-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Weird. You could try using Engineering Upgrade to replace the ability with a different version of itself rather than add/remove?
Or you could just use Last Order to reorder after you cast.

Last edited by Fledermaus : 11-30-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
dabest2503
User

Engineering upgrade? I'm not sure how to go about using it in this case.. I haven't used this ability once in making spells. What I want is for ability A to be replaced with ability B when A is casted, and vice versa. Clueless as to how engineering upgrade can achieve this.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

If A and B are based on the same ability you simply create 2 Engineering Upgrades. The one for turning A into B should have the field "Data - Ability Upgrade 1" set to B and then A (instead of Pocket Factory and then Pocket Factory (Upgrade 1)) and the rest of the Ability Upgrades can be blank. To switch A for B simply add the Engineering Upgrade to the unit then remove it.
Do the same thing for B to A ("Data - Ability Upgrade 1" should be A then B though).
Old 11-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabest2503
I found out that when an ability is removed and have another added to the same unit, the unit will complete its current issued orders prior to the removing/adding of abilities, unless the stop command is given.
This seems unlikely. I was considering making a test map to show how this doesn't happen but I really don't think I have to, if doing something as simple as replacing an ability would bug like that I'd definitely know about it.

Quote:
What I want is for ability A to be replaced with ability B when A is casted, and vice versa.
There's your problem most likely, you're trying to remove an ability as it is being used. Try doing the ability swap after a short delay instead. Alternatively, since these are just dummy abilities which you apparently use to toggle something, why not use a single toggleable ability like Defend instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus
The one for turning A into B should have the field "Data - Ability Upgrade 1" set to B and then A (instead of Pocket Factory and then Pocket Factory (Upgrade 1)) and the rest of the Ability Upgrades can be blank.
According to the Warcraft III Ability Guide, you need to specify all four abilities or it might not work.

Last edited by Anitarf : 11-30-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Actually yeah, that's a way better idea. Just use a 0. second timer.