wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Default Magic Tiki Mask

Needed to test out my new system and get my modding on, so here's a stylish Tiki Mask for all your Troll-y Voodoo needs.

Still screenies don't really do the animations justice, so make sure you check it out in-game :)

The texture has no path, ie remove the "War3MapImported\"

Please don't distribute it to other sites, don't modify it without my permission, give credit if you use it and above all enjoy!

Zoom (requires log in)
Zoom (requires log in)
Texture:
Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TikiMask_Posed.jpg (189.7 KB, 491 views)
File Type: jpg TikiMask_Ingame.jpg (649.8 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg TikiMasktemp.jpg (30.2 KB, 163 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip TikiMask.zip (34.5 KB, 133 views)
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff

Last edited by AnemicRoyalty : 10-14-2013 at 12:44 AM.
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Oh wow, that's really sweet. :)
Nice job. I'm certain Kyrbi0 will be happy!

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
chobibo
100% Genuine Retard!

chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)

Send a message via Yahoo to chobibo

Looks really great, fits trolls well :D
chobibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
TriggerHappy

Submissions (2)

TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)

thats dope, it fits the style too.
TriggerHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #5
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deolrin
Nice job. I'm certain Kyrbi0 will be happy!
You rang? :P

Maaaaan... This is just so painful. I can't tell you how cool this thing is... And now I have to do something with it! Honor-bound, I tell ya!
"But wait, Kyrbi0, what about 'artistic integrity', and 'ideas before eye-candy', and all those other altruistic maxims you live by"

Yeah no response.

The freakin' frustrating thing is, a while back (*cough* a few... years? :P *cough*), I lightly edited the Beta Shadow Hunter to remove his entire body; leaving behind just the eerie Mask & shoulder-plates. Then attaching some shadowy-orb SFX onto his body parts, I achieved a sort of half-baked "ancestral tiki mask spirit guardian" dude. Had a place in the techtree, but a bigger place... In my heart. :' )

And then I got rid of him.

So now this jerk comes out and is all 'LOOK AT MY AWEXOME ART', and I just have to respond by blindly shoving it into my race.

Great. GREAT.

TL;DR - I love you, man. Keep up the excellent style. I noticed the Blue TC looks awful purple. But it's seriously super-great; the animations are top-notch, the SFX are quite fitting, and he almost has more animations than your High Illusionist. :P Fits wonderfully as a unit, a summon... I could see him spawning from destroyed Troll buildings, or circling Trollish Medicine Mon in a spiritual wall of protection... Maaaaan. Can't wait to see the Dinomancer Extraordinaire. : )
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
I noticed the Blue TC looks awful purple.
That's probably because normally, TC sections of WC3 models are a separate unshaded geoset, but that does not appear to be the case here.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Eh, I actually think it's because the team-colored part of the texture isn't completely black. It actually isn't black at all, in fact.

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 10-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #8
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Oh, I figured something like that. I'm just wondering if it's a big enough deal to try and fix. (Strange that it doesn't seem to mess with Red or Green or some of the other colors...)

You might want to indicate that people should use Spells that have a Casting Time; his Spell animation is great, but lengthy, and spells are cast long before he reaches his peak, I noticed.

I'm struggling now to find a good place to shove this in incorporate this excellent model... I rather like(d) the idea of a sort of passive "locust-swarm"-esque circling-guardian-summon, but that fails to take advantage of his excellent Spell & Portrait animation. The "coming out of destroyed Troll buildings" is OK, but fits better elsewhere? (eh, buildings made of enchanted wood -> chunks of enchanted, angry wood come out? lol)... Could just be a sort of "Buff" (tiki mask circling around target unit), but again, missing out on well-crafted animations...

Also strongly reminds me of Aku Aku from Crash Bandicoot, which is neat.
Zoom
Alright, looking at it, I suppose more related in 'idea' than in actual 'form'. :< Still.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 10-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Quote:
You might want to indicate that people should use Spells that have a Casting Time; his Spell animation is great, but lengthy, and spells are cast long before he reaches his peak, I noticed.
Change the "cast point" setting on the unit.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

How exactly does the cast point option even work?

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 10-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Change the "cast point" setting on the unit.
Wait, what? I mean, sure, I can manipulate where the Spell SFX comes from (x/y/z), but that has nothing to do with timing.

//EDIT// Unless "cast point" actually means "point (in time) when the spell is cast"...
Old 10-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
//EDIT// Unless "cast point" actually means "point (in time) when the spell is cast"...
Bingo.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
Bingo.
*d'oh*

You know, it just goes to show... Think you've learned every little in and out of the World or Object Editor, feel like your hot stuff... And then get taken down a notch. "There's always another secret".
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #14
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Quote:
You know, it just goes to show... Think you've learned every little in and out of the World or Object Editor, feel like your hot stuff... And then get taken down a notch. "There's always another secret".
That's what we're here for.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:11 PM   #15
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

~ Gloriously Approved ~

(and quite late mind you)

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts

Last edited by Mc ! : 03-31-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Mc ! is offline   Reply With Quote