wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Personal User Projects > Vexorian Spells and Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Alexeng
User

Alexeng has little to show at this moment (0)

BUG

I have some problems with a map I'm helping to develop. Whenever Compress Names is used the map suddenly gets a shitload of bugs. I belive this is because of the crappy GUI coding taking up all possible variable names, and then it reuses them or whatever it does. This could possibly be fixed by making it use 3 characters instead of 2, but it IS kind of annoying, because the main developer thought it was a problem with the map, and I didn't get this idea until now. It has even led to him almost quitting several times.
Alexeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

I know you want us to help you... but where is the problem?
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

wc3mapoptimizer is not working properly any more.
Probably due to latest wc3 patches.

EDIT:
Btw I don't care anymore because I make all my maps open-source.
I recommend this to everyone now, it just makes life easier.

Last edited by cohadar : 12-19-2011 at 07:07 PM.
cohadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Bribe will become famous soon enough (26)

Send a message via AIM to Bribe

Compress Names only errors when:

ExecuteFunc or TriggerRegisterVariableEvent are used with concatenation. The solution is to tick "optimize strings" and also to not use concatenation with these two.

And/or:

Custom natives. Like the JAPI natives or Common.AI natives. The optimizer ruins maps with either.
Bribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I don't see how making open source maps precludes you from using the optimizer. With certain features disabled, the map can still be opened in world editor. Vexorian used to optimize all his demo maps this way.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

Because I don't need to optimize my maps, they don't lag, and they are not really big.
Just one less tool I need to use and waste my time on.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Yes, but "I don't need to optimize my maps" is not the same as "I can't use it because I make all my maps open-source", that was my point.