wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Concept Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Mordiggian
Death Metal Artist

Submissions (28)

Mordiggian has a spectacular aura about (120)

Send a message via MSN to Mordiggian
Default Poster step by step

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Hiya! Did a poster for my tattoo studio, this is the final result.

Zoom (requires log in)

And now just for the fun of it, here's step by step pics I saved along the way.

PHASE 1 - Here I began to roughly scetch out the central figure. Somewhere along the way I decided it would be basic demon with huge horns. The pose itself was all open at this point.

PHASE 2 - Some more pose scetching and general coloring. At this point I thought I'd make the demon blue in color in order to avoid some grannies having a stroke when seeing this at local store. I also thought that to go with the name DOOM INK the demon would hold earth at its' grip.

PHASE 3 - Pretty much the same, only starting to point out few shades and highlights.

PHASE 4 - Here the coloring itself begins to take over the scetch lines and some more shading and highlighting to point out the muscles and protortions.

PHASE 5 - Here I realized that if earth itself was a blue glowing sphere it would make no sense whatsoever that the demon itself was blue in color. So decided to go with more traditional red.

PHASE 6 - Picked out the horns in somewhat bleached bone color and added background color to ease the coloring and toning phase.

PHASE 7 - Added the glow effect and checked how entire thing worked out with black background. Turned out pretty ok.

FINAL IMAGE - Added the starfield to the background, some final glows and highlights and also those carved tribal marks with dodge/burn too. Texts, logo and images of tattoos were the final addition and this baby was ready to be sent for printing.

I have absolutely no idea if anyone's interested in any of this. Done it anyway. Hardyhar!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (146.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (178.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (190.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (172.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (224.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (208.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (321.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg fin1_small.jpg (945.7 KB, 27 views)

OBEY
Click here for some serious groovin' metal!

Mordiggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:57 AM   #2
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

started to be confused, then i realized the text wasn't in english. looks pretty nice, my only complaint is that it's a bit hard to read the letters. not sure if that's because of the font or because the language isn't something i understand though.
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote