wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Elimination Tournament
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Reaction
User

Reaction has little to show at this moment (0)

I bring the news of the underground Elimination Tournament community.

Elimination Tournament has been played quite regularly since at least 2006 on both Lordaeron and Azeroth. As of 2008, I have been the chieftain of clans cLs, s2n, and sZw on Lordaeron. All were/are Elimination Tournament clans. In 2009 I created clan sZw [SniperZ of West], and it exists to this day. We have been hosting [Green] Elimination Tournament since that one patch which made Elimination Tournament 1.7c unplayable. My clan has been in contact with the other Elimination Tournament clans of these two servers for all of this time. We call ourselves the "ET Community."

Today, clan sZw hosts ET with two hostbots as much as possible. Clan EliM just disbanded and moved to Azeroth to form clan mS. On Kalimdor, the Asian server, I only know of one clan: clan ToB. They have a website and were recently rather active. They play a version of [Green] ET which has modified hotkeys and has been translated into Korean.

If anyone cares to play ET with the "ET Community," I believe the most prominent version is [G]ET. My clan plays it all the time on us.west in channel clan sZw. Clan mS plays it on us.east in channel clan mS. Clan ToB plays it in Kalimdor in channel clan ToB. Because Elimination Tournament is dying with Warcraft 3, we are more than happy to play with you guys and would love to meet up for games. My name on us.west is "Reaction" but I am temporarily playing under "phoeNix".

Check out our clan forums at <http://szwforums.hoop.la/>. They were created recently so there is not a lot on them yet. The forums of clan mS are <http://multigaming.us/>. Google "clan tob elimination tournament" or something to find clan ToB.

The latest news within the ET community: a new version of [g]ET is being released under the name of "et.fury" by Lordaeron player "CP)Aqua". This version will include significant changes to the balance of the items and weapons, as well as a few exciting additions. The goal is first to provide balance to game-play, an astronomical change seeing how long and desperately ET has needed it, for the purpose of appeasing the last few who still play the map. Then the goal is to make the map appeal more to new players by diminishing the "skill gap" between them and experienced players, as well as adding new features to the highly stagnant game.

This is perhaps my last effort to revive ET. I have been leading a movement for change for over a year now, and met relentless, intransigent, implacable resistance all along the way. I have gone through two editors now who both failed to bring the change we need. Aqua is the third, and he finally understands this, and has agreed to bring such change.

If you guys want to play ET, come to our channels to find it. We can host full-houses of this wonderful game if the timing is right.

-Reaction
Old 08-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Reaction
User

Reaction has little to show at this moment (0)

bump

Also I realize the title of this thread should be "to all et players"