wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
Cecil
User

Cecil has little to show at this moment (3)

Default Strategy Game w/AoS Elements [WiP]

Quick About me: played wc3 for 6 or more years, I don't know. I played since near the beginning of Tides of Blood and pretty much AoS's like it, DoE, AotZ, some AoM, but very much disliked DotA. Fast Forward to now, I quick but I came back cause I always had many ideas of maps to make and never did, but this one really seems do-able and stuck. I play competitive street fighter 4 now but I wanted to see if you all thought this map could be at least a small success and it lacked/needed anything (of course given it's new and there would be some numbers and ideas tweaked). Onto business ^_^,

Clash of Souls

Win Condition: have captured and held all opposing team's buildings for two minutes.

Map Size: 96x96? Not sure,
but not too big. Just enough for

Players: 5 or 6 per team. Undecided which.

General Description:

---Teams, Outposts, and other Buildings---
A main base for each team. A "hero soul" (read down for description) for each player. 5 players per team (6 if it doesn't feel too crowded). Goal to take control of opponents buildings (all of them) for 2 minutes strait. If they gain a building, the timer stops, and when you retake them all it starts again. Units spawn like AoS's to the enemies main base. However, there are many more mechanics. First off, thought each team starts off with a main building, and one outpost, there are other spots such as Gold mines to produce gold, other "camps" that serve as a spawn point that will join a main "lane" onward to the enemy building. The neutral spawn camps will take a few heroes to take down, as they will have towers and such.

---Buildings---
Buildings will be captured after having killed all neutral enemy units or opposing force if they have taken it. Towers and buildings will have hp but will not be destroyed, simply transfer control when their hp falls to 1. Towers must be killed before the main building can be attacked. And when the main building is killed the control switches and main building gains an instant 25% of total and goes up every seconds considerably by 5% from 1. Towers will work similar.

---Units and Upgrades---
Units will have different stats and abilities. See Units for description of them. Each unit will have upgrades. If a building is captured with upgraded units those units will be simply as they were before and can be upgraded by the new team. Take for thought, when they enemy is about to take your main base or outpost, or neutral camp, you may want to stop upgrading and save that gold to invest in other more protected camps/outposts/main base.

---Unit Purposes---
Each unit will have a purpose, a place. For now and off the top of my head there are a 6 different posses-able units. The Fighter, Knight, Cleric, Magus, Assassin, and Ranger. This is what the gameplay will revolve around for a big part of it anyways. These units will be control-able with your Hero Soul unit.
The units you control and leave control of will be tailored to your needs at the time.
===Examples===
1. Does the enemy team have 4 fighters and 1 cleric? How are you going to break their defensive pushes with your 3 Magus, 1 Assassin and 1 Ranger? Maybe you want to have a teamate leave possesion of a unit to take control of a more "tanky" unit.

2.Does the opposition have a few clerics in each lane, and they're really good at pushing? Well that calls for maybe a few magus to clear out the large waves. Or do you want to take a more direct approach and have one of your fighters become an Assassin to make easy work of the Cleric?

The possibilities are numerous and should keep strategy anew and flowing.

---Unit Possession---
Think of the Hero Unit as your "Hero" in a AoS. When your hero dies you die, and you re-spawn. When the unit you have possessed dies, you do not die, but instead are rejected from your body and return as a Hero Soul, and then are vulnerable and cannot posses again for a short while. At this time you are close to death as in this form you are a few shots from dying from almost every class. (Note that you can upgrade your options in this form for durability and other things). When in a body, you gain points (where your lumber would be). These points can be invested into your possessed unit to upgrade them. (I thought about just making them into a hero unit but that would be complicated i guess, I'm not that good at programing, since I'm a terrain-er).

Units
Note: (Units will be given 1/5, 1 lowest, and 5 highest, for a general basis since numbers will take time to flesh out)

Player Specific

Hero Soul
Hp: 1/5
Mana: 1/5
The Unit every player starts with. This unit can be upgraded. Low hp.

Upgrades:
Sprint: Walk 20/25/30% faster for 4 seconds. (Upgrade-able 2 times)
Volatile: deals X/Y/Z (bigger AoE) damage in a small AoE around self upon death, 1 second after dying. (Upgrade-able 2 times)
Stamina: Increase hp slightly. (Upgrade-able 2 times).

Abilities
Posses (name may change): take control of target non-possessed basic spawn unit.

Team Spawn

Fighter

Role: off-tank ish, dps
Model: Footman

Hp: 3/5
Mana: 3/5

Knight

Role: tank, off-healer
Model: Knight

Hp: 4/5
Mana: 2/5

Magus

Role: dps, DeBuffer, AoE Damage
Model: Sorcerer

Hp: 1/5
Mana: 5/5

Cleric

Role: Healer, buffer
Model: Priest

Hp: 2/5
Mana: 4/5

Ranger

Role: dps, trapper, scout
Model: High Elf Ranger or Archer or something

Hp: 3/5

Assassin

Role: dps
Model: The unit warden, not the hero one

Hp: 2/5

Hero Spawn
(more later)
Hero Units. These units will literally level up as they lane. They will have AI, smarter than a creep but not much. Essentially they get more powerful and each will have specific auras and all will help push a lane in their own respect.

Rough Draft~
Dwarf Hero: lots of hp and armor. moves slow, you get the picture.
Aura: increased armor by 1/2/3 (level 1, 3, and 5. Also has skill that reduces damage from attacks by 3/6/9% (at level 1, 3, and 5).

You can imagine what other heroes will do, healer hero, increases regen, but has low hp, smarter AI. Ranger heroes increase ranged attack damage. Etc.

Each of these heroes will re-spawn 2 times after death when you first buy them, but must pay to re-spawn them into the next wave afterwords each time. The hero AI will follow a nearest spawn and go with it, when that wave dies it retreats to base to wait for the next wave and follows that. Spawn Heroes will garner a larger reward than a creep when killed, may drop special items too (only pick-up-able by enemy).

Buildings
~ More on later, will tell stats of buildings and their purposes.

Draft~

[CAPTURE POINT] Gold mine.
In the middle of nowhere, capturing it gives you gold. It begins with neutral hostile kobolds gathering it and when you capture it they will respawn allied to you to defend it. A max of 6+a king kobold will be there. it can be upgraded so more will guard it. each kobold spawns and idles to guard each minute.

Last edited by Cecil : 08-12-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
Cecil
User

Forgot to add, but Personal Message me if you want to contact me, since I'm hardly on Bnet anymore at least until map goes online.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
Cecil
User

Bump for hope of feedback? T_T