wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Submissions
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
Panto
LASER DRAGONS IS RELEASED

Development Moderator
User Project: Panto

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

Approved Map: Call to Arms

Default (1) Laser Dragon Defense

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Greetings!

Try out this mayhem-filled single-player defense map! Play as one of the five major dragonflights of Azeroth, fighting to prevent over-curious gnomes from flying their ships into a dangerous rip in the Twisting Nether! If the void grows unstable, it could blow open and destroy all creation! The gnomes must be stopped at any cost!

As your dragon slays gnomes, it levels up and the gnomes get tougher, faster, crazier and more cunning! See how long you can last against their terrible midget-sized onslaught!

Download, try it out, and post your final score, and/or what dragon you used and what level you got to!

See the map release thread here.
Old testing threads here and here.

EDIT (11-11-2010): Fixed the three salient bugs that were pointed out in this thread (item: debug, unlock codes stranding selection dragons, Will o Wisp effect art misplaced) and re-uploaded map. Downloads prior to this from all threads: 76+.

Screenshots:
Hidden information:

Splashscreen
Zoom (requires log in)

Cinematic
Zoom (requires log in)

Dragon Selection
Zoom (requires log in)

Laser Selection
Zoom (requires log in)

Early Gameplay
Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg war3mapPreview.jpg (36.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Splashscreen.jpg (496.6 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Cinematic.jpg (340.7 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg Dragon Selection.jpg (391.4 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg Laser Selection.jpg (397.4 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg Gameplay01.jpg (355.9 KB, 225 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x LaserDragons.w3x (999.8 KB, 49 views)
"The perfect is the enemy of the good." Voltaire
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Panto : 11-12-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Panto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Shit. You're STILL making maps? I think this actually sounds mighty interesting to me.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

Ha hah! I was, up until the day before SC2 came out! This one was kinda my girlfriend-at-the-time's idea.

EDIT: I should clarify; she gave me the idea that laser-breathing dragons would be AWESOME. I think she thought the map was a little nutters. Maybe this is why we're no longer together?...
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Panto : 10-20-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:17 AM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

You know, this was actually pretty fun. I had a weird bug where all the textures were gone and every model was just plain white, but I attribute that to OS X.

My one question is why my black hole only started with 15% stability....

Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

You know, I went back and forth on that a lot. 15 "lives" was the right amount, and I really liked using percent, so I could either start at 100% and go down by 6.67% per leak, which seemed like it would be really confusing, or I could start at 15% and just go by 1% per leak. That was the clearer choice in terms of simplicity for the player.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Yeah, that's what I figured you had done, but until a unit leaked into the hole I had no idea that my hole hadn't randomly lost 85% stability for no reason.

Maybe if you used some sort of Multibars thing to show the stability in the multiboard, losing 6.67% each time wouldn't be as strange.

On the flip side, you could alter your story to say something about how you are intervening as a last ditch attempt to stop the gnomes before the hole dies, and that's why it only has 15%.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

It's only 15% for you, Pyro. I wrote that into the game. Everyone else has 100%.

That's a good idea; next time I release an update I'll modify the explanation to make it clear why it's already unstable.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

<3

(Of course I recuse myself from actually reviewing this.)
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 AM   #9
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Oh, Griffen.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Yes, I live even if I did go on a two-month hermit spree.

Now I have to go on a two-week catch-up-with-work spree. *sighs*

"I'm Captain Griffen, and this is my favorite map on the Citadel!"
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

This game is fun. And gets slightly insane after a while. :P The best method is to kill the copters first, and use the left button to drag-select them, right?

EDIT: New score, lol. Dragon whelp army FTW. Are there any more unlockable dragons?
Attached Images
File Type: png Laz0rDragon.PNG (747.5 KB, 29 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 09-29-2010 at 09:34 PM.
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #12
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

Yes!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)

Well, it can't get much more awesome than dragons+lasers (flying bears+lasers aside).

I love the selection screen, I could watch those dragons fly in and out all day long.

Dunno if it's intentional, but those sparkling lights from the Fae Dragon appear on top of the void and not on the area you targeted.
What's up with those "item:" messages btw?

EDIT: If you type in w****** while a dragon is flying in/out it will show up ingame, you can't control the second dragon though. =(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fghfh.jpg (144.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg dfhh.jpg (143.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg twice the fun.jpg (131.9 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by 2-P : 08-02-2011 at 12:11 AM.
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #14
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

My record remains unbeaten. :P

It would be nice to know in what direction I should go in order to get another unlockable dragon. :P Because I'm stumped. As far as I can see, it's not hatching a lot of dragons and I guess it's not collecting a lot items either. Or is it? I tried doing but of those without success.

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 10-05-2010 at 12:29 PM.
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

@2-P: Damn, thanks for the bug report. Shouldn't be too hard to fix those things you mentioned. Can you remove the unlock code from your post please?

@deolrin: I don't want to give away the secrets to the secret dragons, but I guess I can tell you there aren't any tied to hatching whelps or collecting items.

Last edited by Panto : 10-20-2010 at 12:39 PM.